Maxing out the Disney Rewards Visa

global_mom

DIS Veteran
I could not find this in some of the recent threads about putting DVC on your Disney Visa but hoping that someone will know the answer.

How often are you allowed to max out your reward dollars ($750 as max)? Is it once per calendar year? Once during the life of the card?

Thank you!

It is $750.00 per calander year. I received a email this week! :lmao:

You can have two cards per credit worthy member in your household.

750 a calendar year unless you get there special points. They sometimes run specials where they double your points if you buy a certain amount of something in a certain amoutn of time. For example, they just had double points if you bought more the $2500 on food, gas & lodging in the month of June. The double points don't add to your 750 for the year. So if you double the ponits in the month of the special you only get charge for the single points. This means that in a calender year you could actually get over 750. I hope this wasn't to confusing

750 a calendar year unless you get there special points. They sometimes run specials where they double your points if you buy a certain amount of something in a certain amoutn of time. For example, they just had double points if you bought more the $2500 on food, gas & lodging in the month of June. The double points don't add to your 750 for the year. So if you double the ponits in the month of the special you only get charge for the single points. This means that in a calender year you could actually get over 750. I hope this wasn't to confusing

We dont seem to be getting the announcements about these specials. I would love to get double points! I used to get emails from Chase but have not in quite sometime. Think that I will give them a call and see what the problem is. Thanks for the info!

We dont seem to be getting the announcements about these specials. I would love to get double points! I used to get emails from Chase but have not in quite sometime. Think that I will give them a call and see what the problem is. Thanks for the info!

It is usually a mailer. I haven't seen an email about them either. But I do see them in the mail from time to time

I haven't received any e-mails either! :confused3

Rarely do we see a bonus offer since we pay ours in full every month (except the ad ons or cruises we book with 0% 6 mo.) IF and I do mean big IF we do get one it is such a rediculous amount no regular house of 4 people could possibly spend over $6500 per month on the things that trigger the bonus. Check the way they are offered, most are not missing out on anything--earn bonus rewards on purchases over $6500 per month in the area of groceries, gas, lodging and restaurant spending. You only earn the bonus on the amount spent over $6500 in those categories. Even with high gas prices we do not spend that kind of money in a month for food and gas!

You only earn the bonus on the amount spent over $6500 in those categories. Even with high gas prices we do not spend that kind of money in a month for food and gas!

That would be a ton of food and gas! Oh well, no bonus points for me!!

Did you receive an email warning you that you were close to maxing out? Or, just a policy email?

I just noticed that we might be close this year--first time. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing:confused3

Is my math correct that you would have to spend $75,000 in a year on your card in order to get the max 750 points? We've been a one credit card house for a while now (to maximize points) and we still can't hit more than about 500 - 600 points.

Me neither. I've heard they're no longer offering such specials to people who don't carry a balance month to month :lmao:
Ah, that would explain why I haven't heard about any special like that, either! :lmao:

We don't carry a balance, I pay our cards off every few weeks. We own our own business, we charge material on it. I pay the bill online. I did receive the bonus offer for the $2500.00 for gas and such.This was sent to me via Postal service, but some of you may need to update your email address. You can do this online. I get messages from time to time asking me for email address updates.

I was not given a warning that I was about to exceed the limit for Rewards, just a email that I was at the calander year limit. I still have one card that has not reached the limit, so we are using it.

Is my math correct that you would have to spend $75,000 in a year on your card in order to get the max 750 points? We've been a one credit card house for a while now (to maximize points) and we still can't hit more than about 500 - 600 points.

Yes this is correct. We are getting ready to start construction on a new house so we will have no problem maxing our both of our cards over the next 6-9 months.

Has anyone done phone/internet payments prior to actually receiving the statement? I want to call in payment within a few days of new charges but I was not sure if that would effect the reward dollar eligibility.

Yes this is correct. We are getting ready to start construction on a new house so we will have no problem maxing our both of our cards over the next 6-9 months.

Has anyone done phone/internet payments prior to actually receiving the statement? I want to call in payment within a few days of new charges but I was not sure if that would effect the reward dollar eligibility.

I do this every month, We pay our material bill with Disney visa. I pay the card online every two weeks. Now, that I have maxed out the Rewards, I am looking for a new Rewards card. I have received Chase Freedom now.

kimberh:
I do the same thing with our business. I have two different Disney Visa's: one regular and one with DVC. Is this what you have? I was wondering if I could get my own DVC disney visa with me being the cheif holder (DH is the main holder on our current DVC visa and I am on the other one). Right now we are maxed out on the 750 points on both cards. I have also used my Southwest card but I don't need anymore RR points either. I have just started using a Marriott rewards card though I don't like the idea of having an annual fee after the 1st year.

They have various specials and incentives that are sent out based on a combination of factors -- credit line, length of time you have had the card, spending patterns, profitability of your account (volume and whether you pay finance charges) and the like. Sometimes they run regional incentives -- ie tied to location.

Hi.
DH and I also use our Disney card to collect the points. We then use the points towards our annual fee. I also got that promo deal in the mail for double your rewards. That's really tough to do. We pay our cc bill monthly. We hold no balance. At this time I think we are at about 200 points. When we bought the vacation we charged it for the points, then paid it off.
Just to toss in our family leaves in 26days for the Disney Cruise. Can't wait.

Carla

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter