• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Maximizing FP+ with afternoon off

Barzeski

Mouseketeer
My daughter and I are planning a 8/17-24 trip and need some FP+ advice. On our last trip, two years ago in early August, we hit early EMHs almost daily, finished a park by 1 pm, napped and swam at our hotel, and went to another park around 5-7 pm usually with evening EMHs and typically closed that park.

So here's our question, what's the best way to maximize our time and use of the new FP+ system? I was thinking of rope-dropping EMH parks most days, hitting the headliners, and using 3 FP+ starting mid-morning until we left for our long break. The way I understand the system is then we have to actually travel to our evening park to book additional FPs. Would it make sense to commute to our 2nd park to schedule an evening 4th FP. It seems like it might be too much for not much gain. But I'm open...who knows maybe we need a more drastic change in our touring style...Advice?

My daughter and I are planning a 8/17-24 trip and need some FP+ advice. On our last trip, two years ago in early August, we hit early EMHs almost daily, finished a park by 1 pm, napped and swam at our hotel, and went to another park around 5-7 pm usually with evening EMHs and typically closed that park.

So here's our question, what's the best way to maximize our time and use of the new FP+ system? I was thinking of rope-dropping EMH parks most days, hitting the headliners, and using 3 FP+ starting mid-morning until we left for our long break. The way I understand the system is then we have to actually travel to our evening park to book additional FPs. Would it make sense to commute to our 2nd park to schedule an evening 4th FP. It seems like it might be too much for not much gain. But I'm open...who knows maybe we need a more drastic change in our touring style...Advice?

We do rope drop in the AM until lines get too long. We book our FP+ for the park we will be at that night. Unless you are going back to the SAME park, I don't think the 4th FP+ will help you.

We are also a rope drop family. I always schedule all of my FP+ before 1pm because we also enjoy a mid day break. If you want to park hop for your 4th, 5th, etc FP then I might suggest using MK as your second park..... With the limited attractions at all the other parks, you may find it impossible to get additional fast passes - especially during peak season.

Good point. I might do a combination of scheduling AM FP+ for days I'm not at MK at night and PM FP+ for when I do another park in the evening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter