• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

max pass entitlement?

goodshepherd

Mouseketeer
hi all :-)

i was just reading that people who have the date extended on their tickets and maxpass have some type of entitlement?

can anyone tell me what that maxpass entitlement is?

is it just using the maxpass option later on even if you use those tickets now while maxpass is unavailable?

or do you get to choose a magic morning or something else perhaps?

(im sure this will save a phone call.... i really hate calling on the phone hahhhaha)

thanks!

I haven't heard of this. Just a giftcard for people who fussed to refund the cost of maxpass.
This may be bad intel you got.

I haven't heard of this. Just a giftcard for people who fussed to refund the cost of maxpass.
This may be bad intel you got.
Fussed? Why wouldn’t I be owed the money I paid for a benefit I’m no longer getting? It isn’t chump change either - I paid for it on 6 five day hoppers. FWIW, I asked to keep the photopass benefit of it and they told me no and told me I’d have to pay for photopass again. So I was supposed to pay twice for the same benefit?

To the OP, I’m not sure what you read, so am not sure what people were talking about, but the options are 1) hold on to your tickets and wait for MaxPass to come back, paying any difference in ticket price by then, 2) use your tickets before then and just eat the cost of the MaxPass 3) have your entire ticket refunded and purchase new ones without it or 4) call or email (or at the ticket window) and have them refund the cost of MaxPass on your current tickets. That refund will be in the form of a gift card, immediate if done at the ticket window, 4-6 weeks by phone or email.

The fine print says you’re simply out of luck. If you pitch a fit you may be able to get a gift card refund but expect to be on the phone for hours and have to be aggressive/persistent to get the refund. Currently there is no maxpass (or fastpass of any kind) & there are no magic mornings/early entry so you will surely not be getting those benefits in exchange for anything right now.

The fine print says you’re simply out of luck. If you pitch a fit you may be able to get a gift card refund but expect to be on the phone for hours and have to be aggressive/persistent to get the refund. Currently there is no maxpass (or fastpass of any kind) & there are no magic mornings/early entry so you will surely not be getting those benefits in exchange for anything right now.
Pitch a fit? Really? There is a drop down option on their website for "maxpass refunds". So no, their current policy isn't you're simply out of luck.

For the record, I didn't pitch a fit. I wasn't aggressive. I called and asked if I had any options and asked if I could keep the photopass benefits. So I will willing to pay $300 for photopass. They told me no. Then SHE put me on hold to research a little more and came and told me they were refunding and gave me the 3 options to go about it.

This idea that people should be willing to pay for a benefit that was taken away completely is ludicrous. If you paid for floor seats to a concert and when you got there they told you nosebleeds were good enough, you'd just say ok? This is no different.

Early entry didn't cost extra. Maxpass was an add on with a specific cost. Does it really say in there somewhere that if Maxpass goes away you're just SOL?

Early entry didn't cost extra. Maxpass was an add on with a specific cost. Does it really say in there somewhere that if Maxpass goes away you're just SOL?
What does early entry not costing extra have to do with anything? OP asked “do you get to choose a magic morning or something else perhaps?” So I answered that Magic morning cannot replace Maxpass right now because Magic mornings are not happening right now. Nothing to do with cost, just the reality of the moment.

The only thing I've heard in regards to this is the PHOTOS are still included on photopass if you had Maxpass. I'm planning to confirm this on my June 15th to June 19th trip !

The only thing I've heard in regards to this is the PHOTOS are still included on photopass if you had Maxpass. I'm planning to confirm this on my June 15th to June 19th trip !
Where did you hear that? I’m curious because when I called, they told me that wasn’t possible. So they refunded me the cost of MaxPass and told me I had to purchase Photopass.

Fussed? Why wouldn’t I be owed the money I paid for a benefit I’m no longer getting? It isn’t chump change either - I paid for it on 6 five day hoppers.

This idea that people should be willing to pay for a benefit that was taken away completely is ludicrous. If you paid for floor seats to a concert and when you got there they told you nosebleeds were good enough, you'd just say ok? This is no different.

I agree with both of you. I expect to get what I pay for, and if that is not possible, to be refunded the difference or given an equivalent. However, I think it goes both ways. Other people also deserve to be paid the full amount they are due. (Which is not totally relevant here, but I thought it was worth mentioning so people didn't call me an entitled snob).

I did notice a lot of people using the FP lines on just about all of the FP rides. I assume they have some kind of employee/VIP pass, but does anyone know exactly what the deal is with that? The lines were not backing up, but it seemed to be a steady stream of "VIP's" all weekend long.

I did notice a lot of people using the FP lines on just about all of the FP rides. I assume they have some kind of employee/VIP pass, but does anyone know exactly what the deal is with that? The lines were not backing up, but it seemed to be a steady stream of "VIP's" all weekend long.
When I went in May I saw lots of Club 33 people using the FastPass lanes throughout the day. Not sure if there was some specific event or not, but I only know they were Club 33 because there were lots of groups with Club 33 gift bags.

Yes, we saw that last week as well. We were wondering what was up.

I can't believe there are posters who think asking to be refunded for the cost of a benefit that you are no longer getting is fussing or pitching a fit. Honestly, I think it is crazy how much time, energy and effort some have had to do to get refunded money that is clearly owed to them.

I can't believe there are posters who think asking to be refunded for the cost of a benefit that you are no longer getting is fussing or pitching a fit. Honestly, I think it is crazy how much time, energy and effort some have had to do to get refunded money that is clearly owed to them.

Hmmm. I read that poster's response differently. I feel like the 2 of you are basically saying the same thing, not opposing things. Look at your last sentence, and then look at their last sentence, which was in reply to someone questioning their original "fussing" comment. Sorry, wasn't sure how to properly quote the post so I put it in quotes:

"So yeah. Disney is making people work for it because they've been garbage at refunds this whole time."

You are both pointing out that some people had to work harder than they should have to in order to get a refund for a service that is not currently available. I interpreted the word "fussed" to represent that -- As in, a-person-asked-for-a-refund-but-it-wasn't-given-until-they-pressed-the-issue... isn't-that-ridiculous sort of way. I didn't read "fussing" as representative of a negative, complaining behavior in itself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter