Matt's Fall, 2019 adventure with Club 33 and 21 Royal

Bear in mind you also get a 1-day park hopper and complementary valet at the Grand, so that's about a $180 value as part of it. The pre-meal drinks you could easily say are worth $50-100. The wines drank and food we ate would have been easily $5-600 per person, so it starts to get really cost-neutral, and getting that much time in the DS and watching F! from the bacony is just icing on the cake IMHO, especially if you get the cost down to $835/per person like we paid. The pin they give you from the experience will sell for $2-300 all day long on fleabay, so if you aren't interested in the souvenirs, you could have an amazing experience for not much $.
I'd totally be in on it! Add me to your list, but give me some notice as I'm Canadian and have to factor in exchange... But I'd be up for it for sure!

I can't justify the cost of the parkhopper since we have APs, but I have to admit, you had me at riding in a limo bus backstage. :rotfl: Hoping to get in with a serious group. I have the haunted mansion dress, if that helps! :laughing:

Seriously, though, I am so glad that you got to do this. The report so far is right up my alley. Sounds like truly a once in a lifetime experience. Did you have much before/after contact with your group? I'm wondering if you all kind of bonded beforehand or if you all just went in as tablemates like on a cruise.

I can't justify the cost of the parkhopper since we have APs, but I have to admit, you had me at riding in a limo bus backstage. :rotfl: Hoping to get in with a serious group. I have the haunted mansion dress, if that helps! :laughing:
Backstage is AWESOME. Disney used to do a tour which was "Behind the Magic" I think where it was backstage. They no longer offer it, however I think they still do it for certain groups, the Girl Scouts of America being one, and given that I have three daughters in scouts, and my wife is the leader of 2 of the 3 troops (not to mention that my vacant rental property 3 houses down is a cookie warehouse right now), and that they want to do Disneyland as their yearly activity, it just might happen. Sadly, no pics/video backstage, but I REALLY want to do that tour if they still offer it.

Seriously, though, I am so glad that you got to do this. The report so far is right up my alley. Sounds like truly a once in a lifetime experience. Did you have much before/after contact with your group? I'm wondering if you all kind of bonded beforehand or if you all just went in as tablemates like on a cruise.

I talk with the C33 member and 2 of the other members of our party regularly. The rest, we are friends on FB and I get to see their other Disney adventures. One of them is at WDW right now celebrating his birthday. So fun to meet people and maintain friendships after. I have met quite a few other Disney fans, and we get together whenever I'm in their state/town or they are in mine. Long lasting relationships is all I can say with the right people.

It looks like you had 2 empty spots, right? Did you lose 2 more at the last minute?

Nope, 12 of us. Check out the stair pics.
A couple of questions about this amazing experience:

- was C33 included, or were you there because of the member who is also in the R21 group?
- while SUPER cool, I was wondering why a limo to the back and then the group herded to R21? Was it to make sure everyone was together at the same place/time for arrival?

A couple of questions about this amazing experience:

- was C33 included, or were you there because of the member who is also in the R21 group?
Nope, C33 is not a part of it. One of the attendees is a member and invited the group up to the lounge (and stuff the day before/after).

- while SUPER cool, I was wondering why a limo to the back and then the group herded to R21? Was it to make sure everyone was together at the same place/time for arrival?
Probably expediency and keeping the group in one piece. Because this was during park hours, hard to corral 12 people. For my Jungle Cruise Breakfast, we had 3-4 handlers just walking through the park before hours. For this, it was peak time and best to just get us within 100 yards of our destination and use 2 people. It also adds to the allure/value of the experience getting to go backstage and make an grand entrance into the park ACROSS the train tracks. Also, having to walk to your destination vs. being ferried there is so pedestrian...

Upon entry, we were immediately greeted by some amazing CMs. We were given hot towels to refresh ourselves with.

IMG_6995%20(Large).jpg

Once properly refreshed, we were introduced to the suite. This wasn't my first time in it. I was here in 2015 after it ceased to be the Dream Suite (and back in the early 90s but I have but a vague recollection of that in the Disney Gallery form), but prior to being branded as 21 Royal. We exchanged obscure facts and introductions. We were shown around the main salon and some of the special features of the suite.

Before I get to my pics, I apologize in advance. I was so taken in by the experience, I did not take nearly enough pics or of quality I appreciate. I briefly entertained using my good friend Joe's pics to fill in the blanks as he and his friends and family ACTUALLY STAYED IN THE DREAM SUITE OVERNIGHT, but I'll just lay a link to his TR here so you can truly enjoy all 21 Royal has to offer.

http://www.flowerstales.com/p/disneyland-dream-suite-july-14th-2012.html
Every room has a button you can press which makes magic happen. Here's but a fraction of what happens:

Princess Cinderella and Prince Charming appear in the clock face of the grandfather clock.

DSC_3503%20(Large).jpg

Cinderella's glass slipper shimmers with magic.

DSC_3510%20(Large).jpg

Other magic in the salon occurs, but I'd be doing it a disservice to describe it myself. It's amazing taken as a whole. Check out Joe's TR for all the magic.

Once we were accustomed, we were all poured some champagne to start the evening. I regret to admit, I don't know the vintner or the vintage, but I'm working on it.

DSC_3512%20(Large).jpg

IMG_6890%20(Large).jpg

We were told to explore the suite, enjoy all it had to offer, but don't take video. Amy and I having already been here went straight for our happy place, the patio.

DSC_3517%20(Large).jpg

DSC_3519%20(Large).jpg

This inlay was amazing.

DSC_3521%20(Large).jpg

NOS already set up for Fantasmic later this night.

DSC_3523%20(Large).jpg

While most of the other guest were checking out all the amazing features of the two main bedrooms and bathrooms, we were enjoying our time on the patio something we've longed to do again for 4 years.

DSC_3524%20(Large).jpg

DSC_3526%20(Large).jpg

IMG_6893%20(Large).jpg

IMG_6898%20(Large).jpg

IMG_0638.jpg

Before we REALLY started the festivities, the host took a few pictures of the group. We would compare those to the pics after the experience and gauge the results.

71492194_436908436949748_5654853585154867200_n%20(Large).jpg

71969923_2439646066078205_7672973763092152320_n%20(Large).jpg

72607285_413266195998360_6254440636108242944_n%20(Large).jpg

@CaliforniaGirl09 ... maybe we need a credit card group to do this! Talk about once in a lifetime!
I want to make it 2+ in a lifetime. I've already started planning my 50th.... it better include a night in the El Capitan Suite at the Grand.

I like the way you think Matt. Why limit? ROFL! But seriously, I get it. We were fortunate enough to get a reservation at Jiro on our ABD trip last summer to Japan, and we took the "kids" (18 and 22 at the time). It was more per person than 21R and I would do it in a heartbeat again. We are DVC at the GC so alas no suites for us, but I'm hoping to do the Grand Villa at least once.

Loving the trip report and keep it coming! I'm a sucker for 21 Royal and Club 33 trip reports. We've been on the formerly-known-as-waiting-list-interest-list for about 6 or 7 years (whenever they opened it for that brief period). The closest I've gotten is a background check, but they always want to know whether we know someone in the club for a reference. I know in Orlando, but that doesn't help :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter