Matterhorn

disneylover102

DIS Veteran
Are they running both sides on the Matterhorn yet? I know it just reopened from a few days of refurbishment. If not, which side is it that’s down?

From past dicussions the ride was supposed to be "closed for refurbishment from October 21 to 25 and October 28 to November 1, 2019." I thought this was to repair the rock work, has it not yet been completed? I don't see it on any closure lists for the next couple of weeks.

If they wanted to fix it, and re-open the other side, they would. You can't convince me that whatever was damaged, is taking 3+ months to fix. It has been since August 8. In all the years this attraction has been around, they haven't had this issue before, where a small part of the mountain had to be repaired?

something in prior threads about it being historical facade so needs to go through permits or whatever to get it redone properly.

IIRC I thought somebody in one of those threads debunked the historical aspect to. It would seem to me not to be in Disney's best interest to have anything designated that way as it would severely limit any work they might want to do in the future.

I did find this list of California Historical Landmarks and nothing from Disneyland is mentioned in Orange County
http://ohp.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=21445

Also, granted it's Wikipedia, this is a list of National Historic Landmarks in CA and again nothing from Disneyland

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_National_Historic_Landmarks_in_California

Yeah, sucks whatever reason it is. Usually we like to ride 2-3 times during our visits, but mostly limited to 1 now since wait times are so long and very limited fastpasses show up.

Yeah, sucks whatever reason it is. Usually we like to ride 2-3 times during our visits, but mostly limited to 1 now since wait times are so long and very limited fastpasses show up.
Have you tried Single Rider? How long has it been?

We rode it first thing in the morning and it was a walk-on. Definitely hit it up early until the second side opens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter