Matching Shirts: lame or cute?

Matching shirts...

• Lame

• Cute

Results are only viewable after voting.
We bought some very similar to these on Etsy. Just look for Mickey Tie Dye. The woman was fabulous - we've gotten shirts from her twice. We got tons of compliments on the t's in the parks - and they have lasted forever - very nice quality.

I don't see any listed there right now that aren't a little...wonky in one way or another, LOL. I have had my eye on them for awhile. If you remember your lady's name, can you pm it to me? Thanks!

I don't see any listed there right now that aren't a little...wonky in one way or another, LOL. I have had my eye on them for awhile. If you remember your lady's name, can you pm it to me? Thanks!

I looked for her - I'm sorry to say it looks as though she has gotten out of the Mickey Tie Dye business :(

I also wanted to add that if you want to up your chances of being Family of the Day or picked to ride in the AK parade, CM's will look for families in matching shirts or wearing buttons, or anything that makes them stand out from the crowd.

Edited to add: I have a thread that shows how to make a super simple bleach pen shirt, for MUCH less than buying them on Etsy or the Disney website. You can get shirts at Joanne's, Michael's or even WalMart for $2-3 on sale, then all you need is a few bleach pens (around 4 bucks apiece?). The link is here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2390932

I have a PDF file with detailed instructions. PM me if you want a copy.

I wondered that too, since that was his only post. Probably not even his family. :rotfl2:

It is me and my family (wife made the shirts)... why would I post a different family???... I will be heading back to Disney in August and I am sure my wife will make new shirts for this year's trip...

Our family of 3 wore matching shirts one day to get a shot in front of the castle. We all enjoyed wearing them. CM's complimented us all day long and it was very easy to spot each other.I would never do this outside of WDW, but Disney does have its own set of rules :)

I would post more pics of our matching shirts, but I am now getting a message about needing 10 or more posts to add images. Not sure why I was allowed to post the first pic... even though the pic was my first post you can see I joined in 2007 (I forgot all about this site until recently)... I will be sure to post more:)

I can call myself lame, but I actually like the matching shirts:)

Preppy in Paradise is currently making me a birthday shirt; I will post pics when I get it back. They're in Fort Myers so I just email designs back and forth. I asked DBF if he wanted a matching shirt and he not-so-regretfully declined lol. He said he may consider it for a Disneymoon.

We bought some very similar to these on Etsy. Just look for Mickey Tie Dye. The woman was fabulous - we've gotten shirts from her twice. We got tons of compliments on the t's in the parks - and they have lasted forever - very nice quality.

Not sure if she was commenting on my post(don't have time to look back) but I got my Mickey shirts on Etsy from this seller
http://www.etsy.com/listing/120100615/mouse-head-tie-dye-kid-shirt?ref=sr_gallery_27&ga_search_query=mickey+tie+dye&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_search_type=all

You just tell her the colors and sizes. I actually sent her shirts and she gave me a discounted price. I wanted to make sure we liked the way they fit. We have had them 2 years and several of us wear them often and get compliments all the time.

I tried making Mickey tie dyes, but never got them to look as good as these. I can do the bright colors, but Mickey looks like he has has an ear amputated, LOL.

I didn't quite make the jump to matching, but for castle pics we did coordinating outfits..red, white and black. I do put the kids in themed outfits. My mom is coming in November and considering matching or at least making her a shirt....

Not sure if she was commenting on my post(don't have time to look back) but I got my Mickey shirts on Etsy from this seller
http://www.etsy.com/listing/120100615/mouse-head-tie-dye-kid-shirt?ref=sr_gallery_27&ga_search_query=mickey+tie+dye&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_search_type=all

You just tell her the colors and sizes. I actually sent her shirts and she gave me a discounted price. I wanted to make sure we liked the way they fit. We have had them 2 years and several of us wear them often and get compliments all the time.

I tried making Mickey tie dyes, but never got them to look as good as these. I can do the bright colors, but Mickey looks like he has has an ear amputated, LOL.

Yep, your shirts were great. Thanks for the name!

I love the idea of matching shirts but unfortunately only my youngest son shares my viewpoint so we have not had them

On one trip, we saw a big family group that had the best idea. They all were wearing matching shirts, but what was even neater was that all of them had a name of Disney character on the back of the shirt. For instance, the grandpa had Mufasa, the young couple had Tarzan and Jane, etc. Everyone was looking at them to see who everyone had chosen. I would love to do that with my family!

I think they are really cute! All the girls in my family have matching Tye dye Mickey shirts. :)

Heading to WDW in August with my husband, 21year old son & 25 year old nephew and we have matching 2013 WDW shirts for our castle picture. It's only 1 day and the humor me. Small price to pay for a WDW vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter