Massachusetts DVC Owners Group

we live in the southeast coast of Massachusetts and normally fly out of Logan. My friend is at WDW right now and recommended we go with TF Green
Can't respond to the part of your post about testing but would like to comment about the BOS/PVD decision. Before moving to FL ~7 years ago, we lived in Plymouth. We regularly weighed flying out of BOS or PVD when doing several trips per year to FL & elsewhere. Many times, flying out of PVD was our preference. We figured that from Plymouth we could drive to BOS in 45 minutes or it could take 2 hours, depending on traffic. OTOH, driving to PVD took us about 70 minutes and traffic would affect that by only 5 minutes. Plus it was an easier drive.

As you probably know, PVD is a small airport. Its easy to park and the terminal is all in one with a pretty short walk to your gate. However, sometimes the flight schedules just don't work well for PVD departures.

our flight on april 20th was moved earlier to 6:00am! thats gonna be an early morning alarm for sure! We are about 30-35 min from BDL but wondering if we should stay at the Sheraton this time. We did it once years ago with the kids, but cant recall if the rate was crazy cheap for that to happen.
We stay at Econo Lodge when we fly out of BDL. Shuttle is super fast.

Yes. We have always parked our car there. We do the Stay, Park, Fly option.

Yes. We have always parked our car there. We do the Stay, Park, Fly option.
so parking is free with the room for the week? we parked at the terminal garage last sept the rates were so affordable and it was super convenient

Noticed there are many days of our upcoming trip (we switched weeks at the last minute) where there is not one ADR for dinner anywhere on propery other than DS (if at all). We had one set of friends that went to WDW and are certain they picked up COVID from DS. I will ve vaccinated but my DH will not be. Trying to decide if we will eat 'at home' at OKW, in the regular restaurants or chance DS.
Anyone else have thoughts?
Coming from the N.E., I am sure we will be shell shocked by the no mask attitudes of FLA.

Hi everyone, we live in the southeast coast of Massachusetts and normally fly out of Logan. My friend is at WDW right now and recommended we go with TF Green because they have easy COVID testing. Anyone have any recent experience with this? I am considering changing out flights around to go to Green. I am not sure if Logan currently has any Covid testing there. Thanks!
PVD does have free Covid Testing but it's only the Rapid Test (most places require PCR tests for travel clearance) and I believe it's only limited hours (12:30-4:30 maybe). We flew in November and February. We did utilize the testing in February while we were waiting for our bags. MCO has testing at their airport but it's not free (I think $65) and it's the rapid test.

so parking is free with the room for the week? we parked at the terminal garage last sept the rates were so affordable and it was super convenient
The price was all together. If you look on the site that is just for the hotel. I usually just call to book.

Thanks for starting this string...just got my ROFR passed, and waiting to close at POLY.
From Mass, and drive 2x per year...hopefully more in the future!

MA is changing their travel restriction starting tomorrow 3/22. I’m trying to get peoples thoughts.

it sounds like the quarantine requirement (and fines if you don’t) is changing and we are now “advised” to quarantine but not demanded to.

I have been vaccinated but I wonder what it means for my kids. I reached out to the school but didn’t receive a response yet. I am still going to have them tested upon returning from our trip for my own peace of mind.

Has anyone received any word from their children’s school? MA spring break is right around the corner, you would think the schools might have some guidance.

MA is changing their travel restriction starting tomorrow 3/22. I’m trying to get peoples thoughts.

it sounds like the quarantine requirement (and fines if you don’t) is changing and we are now “advised” to quarantine but not demanded to.

I have been vaccinated but I wonder what it means for my kids. I reached out to the school but didn’t receive a response yet. I am still going to have them tested upon returning from our trip for my own peace of mind.

Has anyone received any word from their children’s school? MA spring break is right around the corner, you would think the schools might have some guidance.
As a teacher I am glad that you reached out to your school. I had a student travel recently; they quarantined before they left and then when they returned. The student returned a day or so earlier than expected because they did receive a negative test. Our school does send out in the weekly email from both the principal and superintendent what to do in regards to travel. I would still err on the side of caution with the kiddos for now.

Hello, All! For some reason, it popped into my mind that we've been quiet for a few weeks so I thought I'd pipe in for a moment. I am happy to report that I received both does of the Pfizer vaccine and it's been more than 2 weeks so I am "protected". Sadly, between my 2 doses I was diagnosed with COVID. Fortunately, I had a "mild" case: the cough was the worst part of it. I've been trying to watch most of the DIS shows (esp. DVC and Disney news.) I was laughing out loud at one of Pete's remarks RE: DVC at AKL; he said, "It's got a freakin' savannah!" (I think that's an exact quote; if not, it's close.) Anybody got trips planned to Disney? My next trips are in late August and late September (I'll be there when the 50th anniversary kicks off.) I hope that you all are doing well and staying safe. I think I see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Hello, All! For some reason, it popped into my mind that we've been quiet for a few weeks so I thought I'd pipe in for a moment. I am happy to report that I received both does of the Pfizer vaccine and it's been more than 2 weeks so I am "protected". Sadly, between my 2 doses I was diagnosed with COVID. Fortunately, I had a "mild" case: the cough was the worst part of it. I've been trying to watch most of the DIS shows (esp. DVC and Disney news.) I was laughing out loud at one of Pete's remarks RE: DVC at AKL; he said, "It's got a freakin' savannah!" (I think that's an exact quote; if not, it's close.) Anybody got trips planned to Disney? My next trips are in late August and late September (I'll be there when the 50th anniversary kicks off.) I hope that you all are doing well and staying safe. I think I see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Glad that you had a mild case lopo! Our annual passes expired April 4 so to save some money, we are heading to Disney's Hilton Head; leaving tomorrow! Next Disney trip isn't until next April- it's going to be a long year!!!

Heading to BWV tomorrow for April vac! My youngest turns 17 on the trip. (Oldest is stuck at college.) DD16 was supposed to be in Japan (school trip) for her 16th...got postponed a year and then cancelled altogether. Having Frushi at the Flower and Garden festival is the best we can do right now! She loves the Frushi!!! Sadly we have no AP right now, did buy the get 2 days free promo from DVC but didn't want to pay extra for park hopper, so it'll be a different trip for us.

@lopo Sorry to hear you had Covid in between your 2 shots! Glad it was a milder case. Dh and I just got our first shots of Moderna on Wed...so won't be protected for the trip, but at least the process has been started. DD16 has to wait until Monday, and can only get the Pfizer due to her age...she's registered thru the state so we'll see when they have an appt for her. (We got ours at a Hannaford, but it's harder to figure out which pharmacies have Pfizer...will see if the state comes thru for her first.)

Heading to BWV tomorrow for April vac! My youngest turns 17 on the trip. (Oldest is stuck at college.) DD16 was supposed to be in Japan (school trip) for her 16th...got postponed a year and then cancelled altogether. Having Frushi at the Flower and Garden festival is the best we can do right now! She loves the Frushi!!! Sadly we have no AP right now, did buy the get 2 days free promo from DVC but didn't want to pay extra for park hopper, so it'll be a different trip for us.

@lopo Sorry to hear you had Covid in between your 2 shots! Glad it was a milder case. Dh and I just got our first shots of Moderna on Wed...so won't be protected for the trip, but at least the process has been started. DD16 has to wait until Monday, and can only get the Pfizer due to her age...she's registered thru the state so we'll see when they have an appt for her. (We got ours at a Hannaford, but it's harder to figure out which pharmacies have Pfizer...will see if the state comes thru for her first.)
we check in to BWV on Tuesday!

Planning our trip out for the fall. I've had nearly two weeks booked from the end of Sept through to Oct, idea is my daughter and I would head down for the first half, then move over to my mom's home which I'm working on as my son and his GF take over the room for the last few nights.

Now they're all informing me of reasons they may not go.

Well shoot. They're in charge of their own airfare and passes.
I'm going and the dates are not being changed. 🤣

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter