Masks?

mjstaceyuofm

DIS Veteran
I know masks aren’t required anymore, but just curious from those that have cruised in the last few months if they’re seeing anyone wearing masks on-board? Either cast members or guests? Just curious. Seen a few other pictures from smaller boutique lines wear the crew are still wearing masks…

I just went through my picture from our Magic cruise out of New Orleans in April. The only person I found wearing a mask was our excursion guide in Cozumel.

There were a good handful on the EBTA recently - even some of the kids in the kid's club. Noticed some CM's as well, but not many.

I do wonder if the longer cruises have folks a tad more cautious? Illness (any illness!) can sure ruin a 2+ week trip.
That is a very good point - our cruise was only 4 nights. I'm sure there were people with them - I'm just so used to seeing some people with them that I don't think much of it.

I know masks aren’t required anymore, but just curious from those that have cruised in the last few months if they’re seeing anyone wearing masks on-board? Either cast members or guests? Just curious. Seen a few other pictures from smaller boutique lines wear the crew are still wearing masks…
I was on the Wish 4 night cruise in March 2023 and a few crew members and quests did wear a mask. I wore a mask in the theater because I would be sitting very close to people all around me for an extended period of time.

Definitely saw masks on our trip in early May. Whether it was the airports or the cruise, I can’t remember.

Off the Wonder in April from a 7 night Mexican Riviera cruise. Some crew members were masked. Thank goodness because i depend on lip reading in conjunction with my hearing aids (and my very patient wife). I would say less than 10% of guests wore them. I got the feeling it’s an accepted accessory now.

Our cruise in February there were a few masks (including mine). I can't recall whether CM were wearing them, I was a little more aware of guests wearing them.

On Dream Med cruise there were a handful of guests wearing masks. I would say I noticed about 8 different groups. I saw a few CMs wearing them, too. Actually more CMs than guests, but still very rare.

There was a lot of coughing going on towards the end of our trip and a couple of people on the Facebook group have reported to testing positive after the cruise.

Off an Eastern the middle of May. Honestly I saw very few, less than a handful. That being said, you need to do whatever you feel necessary to feel safe and be well.

Handful on the 1st Alaska cruise. Mainly guests, some CMs.

There probably was covid on our ship. Some in our facebook reported testing positive after returning home.

I definitely intend on bringing masks with me for the cruise portion of our upcoming land and sea (I also still wear them on airplanes), but I will probably not wear it if I’m not in a crowded area or in certain rides (like I did in DLR last year).

I am very nervous admittedly, even though I’ve been doing better at not using the mask/using it when I’m sick (for example when I saw Parade on Broadway I did not mask and that was by accident because I had one in my bag just the way they were letting us in was chaotic! But I was halfway through a sinus infection and had been on antibiotics for 72 hours when I saw Grey House but masked because I didn’t want to risk anyone else’s health even though I was on antibiotics). But the cruise is making me nervous.

I have OCD/anxiety and am a germaphobe so the pandemic really did a number on me but I always was vigilant with purel and hand washing before the pandemic. I’m just being a nervous Nellie

Was on a 7 night on the fantasy in May. I wore a mask as I have chronic health issues, but I only could count a handful of other people wearing and maybe a couple crew members.
(I was asked why I was still wearing a mask once though :rolleyes2)

But let me tell you there was so much coughing going around on that cruise! So much. I felt confident in my choice to mask, and even though I get sick super easily I returned home well 🫡.

Was on a 7 night on the fantasy in May. I wore a mask as I have chronic health issues, but I only could count a handful of other people wearing and maybe a couple crew members.
(I was asked why I was still wearing a mask once though :rolleyes2)

But let me tell you there was so much coughing going around on that cruise! So much. I felt confident in my choice to mask, and even though I get sick super easily I returned home well 🫡.
So happy you got off the cruise in good health!

When we were on the Dream in December, the captain made the decision that all the crew had to wear their masks. As for the guests, there was no requirement. I don't think I saw more than a dozen people the entire 5 days wearing a mask. For me, I brought a mask but I was able to keep it right where it belonged, in my suitcase. LOL

On our Wish cruise in May, a few CMs and guests wore masks. In hindsight, I kinda wish we had too because my son caught the flu from our trip.

We've taken a couple of cruises since the mask requirement dropped. My husband and I were pretty vigilant about it when we were in larger groups of people for any length of time, my teen...not so much. Guess who caught Covid on one of those cruises? I'm hoping she masks in at least the busy areas on our upcoming trip because it's 10 days and I do not want anyone being sick for that long of a cruise.

I don't really care what anyone else does for themselves or thinks of what we are doing. We just do what feels right for our health. I just got done with cancer treatment and my husband is slightly immune compromised so we aren't exactly poster children for the best immune systems on the planet. That said, we also want to live our lives and so we use our masks in situations where we are at greater risk of illness, not just from Covid, but flu and cold as well. Honestly, I still mask a lot and not being sick as much as I used to be has been pretty nice!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter