• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Masks??

BcIcemen

DIS Veteran
Inside the lobby or in the main building do masks need to be worn? Stay at VGF and wondering if going to the monorail from DVC Villas do I need to wear a mask when going up to the station? I know once on the monorail it is required.TIA

Inside the lobby or in the main building do masks need to be worn? Stay at VGF and wondering if going to the monorail from DVC Villas do I need to wear a mask when going up to the station? I know once on the monorail it is required.TIA
Masks are required indoors. So lobbies would be a yes. Outdoor queues are a no (that's a recent change).

yep. everywhere indoors except inside your room and if you are actually eating or drinking. Not sure the GF monorail station counts as "indoors" since the latest change. doesn't sound like it.

From Disney regarding masks: "All indoor locations, including restaurants, except when actively eating or drinking while stationary"

No walking while eating/drinking indoors.

no. The rules are still as follows:

Outdoors: No masks
Indoors: Masks required unless actively eating/drinking while stationary AND physically distanced. OR you're in your room.

Indoors also includes all enclosed transportation options (busses, monorail, skyliner, etc.) So masks must be worn at all times while using these transportation options.

Unfortunately, you cannot walk and sip at the same time. You can walk around with the coffee in hand, but before you can remove your mask to sip you must find a place that is physically distanced from other groups, then remain stationary while drinking. You must put your mask back on before resuming motion.

These rules change frequently and are subject to change at any time. The most recent version of the rules is currently at https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/#drawer-card-faceCoverings

If you are outside you can walk and sip as much as you want.

Unfortunately, you cannot walk and sip at the same time. You can walk around with the coffee in hand, but before you can remove your mask to sip you must find a place that is physically distanced from other groups, then remain stationary while drinking. You must put your mask back on before resuming motion.

Inside, I get.

But if they are not required outside, why can you not walk and sip when you are outside?

Inside, I get.

But if they are not required outside, why can you not walk and sip when you are outside?

That’s old policy. Masks are not required at all outdoors. Including outdoor queues.

As entering building or transportation, mask on.

Indoors, can take mask off to eat or drink when seated in a dining location.

That’s old policy. Masks are not required at all outdoors. Including outdoor queues.

As entering building or transportation, mask on.

Indoors, can take mask off to eat or drink when seated in a dining location.

Thanks. I knew that was old policy. The post I quoted made it seem like current, which is why I was clarifying. 😃

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter