Masks While Not In Use In Parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

I used the lanyard for the first time on this trip and it was helpful. At home I use paper bags (i.e. when going out to eat).

I found a package of 4 lanyards at Walmart in office supply section. We are using them right now at Disney.

I use something called ‘ear savers’ - they’re silicone strips with buttons or hooks that go behind on your neck and you loop the ear elastics around. Masks stay put, no pulling on your ears and when not in use - I just pull the mask down around my neck and pull up over my nose when needed…they’re very comfy.

My wife and I made our own double layer masks that has a channel for a cord that is looped from top to bottom of one side then from bottom to top on the opposing side. This rates a built in neck loop. The free ends can then be tied behind your head like most survival Masks. We made our ties long enough to tie a stop head onto it so that we can loosen it and let the mask hang folded Inside to inside loosely around the neck. Alternatively you can until the knot and leave it hang from your neck (so long as you've tied the ends together.

If you have bought a mask with ear loops, you can use a string and stopper head to secure the mask around your neck, then place or on your face securing the loops when you enter a building and then pulling it down to neck level when you leave (basically the same function as the fancy lanyards).

I wear it on my wrist. The kids have mask lanyards. 1 caveat with the lanyards is beware on rides if you have the lanyard on but aren't required to wear the mask on a particular ride. We almost lost my son's mask/lanyard going down a hill on a roller coaster (not at Disney).

Another mask lanyard fan here. We all used them for our trip and several times others in our party commented on how convenient it was and how glad they were that I bought them.

Hey, all,

The missus and I are planning a Disney trip, and we're aware of the current guidelines for when we do need to be masked and when we don't while in the parks.

What we're wondering is: what's everybody doing with their mask if they choose to take it off when they're outside? Right now, the missus has been storing hers in a Ziploc in her purse when we're at home, but that sounds tedious when going in and out of places with any kind of frequency.

Please keep in mind that this thread isn't a debate about what masking policy should be or shouldn't be.
In the park, I wear it mostly around my wrist like a bracelet. Once we're either walking back to out resort or done with transportation it goes into my backpack or pocket. If I was worried about keeping it trying to keep it clean, I would probably just opt for dozens of disposable ones per day because that would probably be easier.

I do have a few that strap behind the head so I can wear it around my neck when I am not wearing it and just slide it up and won but I usually only wear it in the world showcase and in magic kingdom because I am in and out of attractions/stores, etc more frequently.

I have to be honest: Mask lanyards never even occurred to me. I even get the pin lanyards from time-to-time!

This gives us some good for thought for different ideas to consider!

On one ear. Parks are so crowded, my mask is never off but for the briefest of times

Honestly, this is very possibly where we might land. This is definitely going to be our most crowded place visiting in a couple years.

If I’m just going to have it off for a couple of minutes I put it on my wrist.

For longer I put it in a plastic sandwich bag and put it in my pocket.

I know that paper bags are recommended for storage in between uses, but I see that as more for when I get home and not for when the mask is going to be on and off several times. I can’t see carrying around a paper lunch bag to hold a mask.

Kept mine in my pocket on my last trip. I don't remember seeing any lanyards for masks on my last trip, would have never thought of it.

I use a lanyard that also holds my sunglasses. I forgot it on my last visit so put it around my wrist. Lanyard was better as it was easier to remember to use it.

people who don’t want to look ridiculous?
This is silly as if people don't look ridiculous wearing a mask already, lanyard or not. Rules are rules though!

Also I just wanted to say about the Ziploc bag - if that mask doesn't get a chance to dry out before you do that, it's like a germ farm in there, I can't imagine how bacteria would thrive in that bag.

I have masks that have a built in neck loop in addition to the ear loops, it's annoying but it's more annoying to dig around for your mask, not to mention not very courteous when you're holding up the line trying to figure out what you did with your mask.

My family uses lanyards for theirs. For mine I have an elastic "ear saver" on them since the loops hurt my ears after a short time. This also doubles as a lanyard. For kids, the lanyards are a life saver, otherwise they would get lost all the time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter