Masks at Resorts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be going in August after rescheduling multiple times. My family and I intend to wear masks as required. But if it comes to a point where My family or myself are feeling ill due to the restrictive breathing, the masks are coming off. If drinking permits the mask to come off, so will our health. I don't think I'll be in the minority either. It's one thing to say you will wear the mask at all times posting online. It's another when you are in the heat and can't breathe. And don't tell me "then don't go". This is a DVC use it or lose it situation involving banking restrictions and they won't help.

It's very simple, if you see someone breaking the rules then make sure security or a CM knows about it. I saw a man smoking in GE last year and the CMs just did nothing, so I pointed out to him, politely, that there was no smoking in the park, he just laughed at me and carried on because he probably did it all the time and not one CM or member of security did anything. I then bumped into a supervisor and asked why are CMs ignoring guests breaking the no smoking rule, she gave me a stock answer about talking to CMs about enforcing it. It's going to be the same with masks if they don't watch it and this is more serious that someone sneakily smoking or vaping.
How I wish CMs were more like the Moroccan CM who saw a guest smoking in her pavilion and forcefully went up to him and lectured him about only smoking in designated areas, that was a few years ago mind you.
I just wish those here having a go at the guy making the joke will be equally as harsh on anyone they see breaking any rule at Disney.

The information on masks is very muddled. Wearing a mask when there is no one in your immediate vicinity is pointless, I'm more concerned about touching surfaces that may be infected. Walking past someone is unlikely to infect you, it's different if you are stood next to them for any length of time such as in line is a different matter, but, the virus can live for many hours or even days on surfaces, so anti viral wipes and hand sanitiser as well as handwashing is far more vital than a mask. I'm not a fan of gloves as they can lull you into a false sense of security and not wash or santise your gloved hands as much as bare hands, gloves are only good for a specific task, not all days wear.

Masks are pointless and the worst kind of scare theater. You might as well wear cheese cloth.

I think when walking around the resorts, more often then not people will have their masks off. Do you think they'd wear a mask walking from their room to the pool where it is not needed? doubt it. Grabbing a quick bite to go? early morning walk? and that's people that don't have food or a drink in their hand. This is probably a reason why if you don't have a resort reservation or dining res, you cant go to the resorts.

The requirement is for kids 3+ so your 2 year old wouldn't have to wear one. It is typically not recommended for kids under 3 to wear masks in general
The requirement was changed so now kids 2+ are required to wear one. I agree with the OP that a 2 year old would not be able to handle this.

wearing a mask or not has nothing to do with respect. It either prevents virus transmission or not. Respect is not a factor.
The mask requirement is in place as part of the union agreement. So whether people believe the science or not, the CM union agreement says masks are required. It was part of their return to work conditions.

The mask requirement is in place as part of the union agreement. So whether people believe the science or not, the CM union agreement says masks are required. It was part of their return to work conditions.
I know it's a union requirement. Has nothing to do with respect. It has nothing to do with believing the science. Because if it did we wouldn't be wearing masks. It's just a rule. I do agree that it's a private company and you need to obey the rules if you want to go. The rules state no need to wear a mask while eating or drinking.

“Believe” in the science... I hate that. Science is fact, it is or isn’t. The fact you need to “believe” in the science just shows it’s not actual science.

I think this thread needs to be locked. The OP has received their answer. Too many opinions here. This thread is not for opinions. I am sick of the debate on rules that people don't like. You don't like it, well then don't show up. @Lynne M. Thank you moderators.

I have not read all the replies but if your 2 yr old will sit in a stroller, I would rent a citi mini bc they have the canopy that comes almost all the way down. We have a toddler (no mask required) and 4 and 7 yr old (and bigger kids who can wear a mask no problem), so when the 4 and 7 yr olds need a break, they can jump in our double stroller with a fan and the canopy pulled down. I feel relatively sure nobody will ask us to open the canopy to check if they are wearing mask lol. I don't feel like this is cheating bc they are basically enclosed in their own little room, so nobody hate on me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter