Masks at Resorts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The mask rule is part of Disney's return to work agreement with the unions. It does not matter one bit what somewhere else does, or what you would do. The union has made this a requirement and if it were not, no CM return.

So wear a mask to respect the CMs. Or do not go.
Considering Disney are enforcing a 'no mask, no entry' rule I don't think the CMs need to worry on that point. However, it's the people who think rules do not apply to them will be the ones we have to worry about. The type who think 'no smoking, no selfie sticks or no queue jumping' for example, even during pre Covid times, will be the problem. CMs are too scared to tackle them at the best of times, but, having to be in fear of tackling some eejit who refuses to wear a mask once in the park or at a public place in a resort is going to be a tough thing for them to do. What CMs need is for rules abiding guests to back them up morale wise. Are you willing to do that or will you just be a rubber necker if it happens?

It's not recommended for any child 3 and under OR any child who cannot easily express when they are having trouble breathing in a mask, but Disney feels the need to enforce this on all guests 2 and under. Oh and the WHO says masks should only be for people who are sick or caring for sick and not for people who are well...
That advice from WHO changed over the weekend

Folks...again, let’s keep this on topic, please. Not whether masks work, not whether gloves work, not whether any agency, scientist, government says masks should be worn, etc. All of that stuff belongs on the Community board, not here.

This topic is specifically about what Disney is requiring of their resort guests when it comes to wearing masks.

Isn’t the entitlement the other way around? I’m happy to wear a mask to protect others. Surely everyone should be just as courteous?

I meant the people looking for workarounds. At the end of the day, like the rules or not, WDW is a private business on private land and can create non-discriminatory rules for being there. Mask-wearing is non-discriminatory - there isn't even a good ADA case for them, as ADA accommodation has guidelines that limit "reasonable," and "not wearing a mask" doesn't fall into reasonable. (Contrary to arguments I have seen elsewhere, ADA isn't a get out of whatever free card. Far from it.)

Now, we all know people work on the "I'm the guest and what I say goes!" model at Disney. We've all seen stroller parking. I think that's why Disney is taking such a slow approach, and I think it's going to get ugly at times, just as comments on Disney's own Facebook and blog posts has.

Folks...again, let’s keep this on topic, please. Not whether masks work, not whether gloves work, not whether any agency, scientist, government says masks should be worn, etc. All of that stuff belongs on the Community board, not here.

This topic is specifically about what Disney is requiring of their resort guests when it comes to wearing masks.
No problem. Apologies

I have no problem with wearing masks in the resort common areas, and if you consider where transmission of germs would be more likely between in a hotel lobby/gift shop, or walking around Main Street in MK, I would think the hotel lobby/gift shop would be significantly higher risk. Just looking at it from that perspective, I think it's common sense that if masks are required walking through a park, that they should be required anywhere that you are not in complete privacy.

I’m betting Disney is going to get smart to they really quick and make people keep their food and drinks in designated areas. Even water may require you to move to the side of the walkway and have your drink instead of walking around with it.

I thought about this, but I don't think they would actually crack down on people with beverages/food, and especially water walking in the parks, especially if they are providing an appropriate distance between the party nearest them.

I don't think I could wear one in the summer heat at Disney. I can barely get through my weekly grocery trip inside a store with A/C. I pretty much pull off my mask as soon as I hit the parking lot. I am hoping the mask thing goes away by the end of the year. I am ready for another trip, but not in a mask in high humidity. I am curious to see how it all goes this summer/fall.

I'm glad they extended the cancellation policy through the beginning of October so I can see how this all plays out through July and August and still be able to cancel my trip if the conditions don't suit my family.

If you are going to Disney just plan on walking around with a drink and food the entire time so you don’t have to wear your mask. Refillable mug in one hand and Mickey ice cream sandwich in the other food to go!!!
I’m betting Disney is going to get smart to they really quick and make people keep their food and drinks in designated areas. Even water may require you to move to the side of the walkway and have your drink instead of walking around with it.
I realize @Deano45m was likely at least half joking, but it does raise a good point. To @StitchesGr8Fan 's point, I would guess there will likely be restrictions like that in place, especially considering the other conservative approaches and measures they are taking compared to their peers. Where I live in NY, restaurants opened within the last week and the requirement is that you must have a mask on except for when you are seated at your table. If you get up from your table to use the restroom, or you are walking to or from your table when arriving/leaving, you must wear a mask. For Disney to not have some kind of location restriction on eating/drinking would be a big loophole and defeat the purpose.

Don’t be so sensitive it is called a JOKE!!! If you are that concerned yourself about catching the virus just stay at home because you can’t control every situation you might be put in. Sit back relax and enjoy your Mickey Ice Cream!!!
I'm sure you were joking, but you must understand that people are concerned about the selfish and dangerous behavior of others. If everyone would follow the rules that Disney puts in place, guests will feel (and most likely be) safe. That type of comment makes people question how Disney will provide a safer environment when people are already looking for loopholes to break rules. To call someone sensitive and tell them to stay home is not friendly, at the least, and borderline rude. Again, I'm sure you meant well, just trying to provide a different perspective. ✌️

I would really like to keep this thread open so that useful information can be shared. It’s a topic of interest to everyone going to a Disney resort in the near future.

But it’s not going to stay open if the bickering doesn’t stop.

Also, the DISboards rules for posting do not allow advocating or discussing ways to break Disney’s rules. This is a general warning, but there will be infractions assigned from here on out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter