• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Masks and vacation

3DisneyBuggs

DIS Veteran
Let’s say you are going to Disney World for a week, masks required. How many would you bring per day? Would you wear the same mask all day? What would you do with it while eating? What if it gets wet on a ride?

Let’s say you are going to Disney World for a week, masks required. How many would you bring per day? Would you wear the same mask all day? What would you do with it while eating? What if it gets wet on a ride?
I was wondering the same- the mask in the summer in Florida- would be quickly sweaty and may get contaminated. You probably would have to at least bring a back up for the day. I was picturing splash mountain with a mask or it flying off your face on the slinky dog dash. lol

I would definitely not wear the same one all day. I'd probably change them fairly frequently as my head/face tend to perspire more than the rest of me. Plus there's the chance of dropping it, losing it, it getting wet, etc. I like to be over-prepared, so I imagine I'd come up with a larger number than we'd actually use but at least then I wouldn't have to worry about it. :)

I plan on allowing three per day, as they say you shouldn’t put the same mask back on once it’s been removed. I plan on doing the same when our office reopens, as we will be required to wear them there also. The only difference is I will be using disposable ones on vacation and reusable ones for work.

2 or 3 fabric masks per person. Wash one nightly, use the other(s).
Concerned about the heat and perspiration? Make sure the fabric wicks well.

I have a bunch of medical ("procedure") style masks that weren't really made for medical personnel. I'd probably bring a whole bunch, mark them, and rotate through them. I wouldn't be using them like a true medical use, so it should be fine to wash them.

I've been using these styles of masks for a month (started off with a few my parents gave me that they picked up in a waiting room before the Covid-19 pandemic started) and after a while these will break but they can last a while. It started tearing where the elastic was sonic-welded to the mask. I had one slightly used 3M 8210 that I'd wear sometimes, but tossed it when the elastic broke.

And this is why I won't be going back to WDW (or any other destination vacation for that matter) until the threat is over, even if it takes five years. I can't see wearing a mask of any kind all day. I *guess* I'll get used to it in time for trips to the grocery store or the pharmacy or even to go out with my sister when we're allowed to, but it all seems like such a hassle for a trip to WDW, which in and of itself is already complicated enough without worrying about my mask.

I know first responders and medical professionals are wearing masks all day to the point of bruising on their faces in a mask shape. They have my complete admiration and respect.

We're going to Universal in July. I have a box of 50 disposable masks for an 8 day trip. That comes out to about three a day for each of us.

2 or 3 fabric masks per person. Wash one nightly, use the other(s).
Concerned about the heat and perspiration? Make sure the fabric wicks well.

We plan on at least 3 washable masks a day, but we won't be going anywhere near WDW until this is over. Too many idiots out there who don't care about anyone but themselves.

My 3 masks plan is for when we are allowed to go back to work. I don't need to go to WDW right now.

Been to Disney 30+ times, 11 cruises...go every August...have gone almost every year (sometimes twice a year) since I was 5 years old (except the two years our kids were born)...have trip scheduled for August 7-17...breaks my heart to say it but I won't be visiting Disney World as long as masks are required. Would take away magic for us...we'll return when we can go and enjoy it fully.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter