Masking on Ships

Status
Not open for further replies.

pogmog

Mouseketeer
Are passengers onboard wearing masks? Just curious since there is so much community spread throughout the U.S.

We got off The Magic on the 18th. There were plenty of people wearing them inside the ship.
The first night, The Captain asked that they be worn inside the ship whenever possible.
We wore them indoors most of the time.
I heard a woman say in the theater that there were plenty of cases happening, I heard her and that made us wear it all the more.

We did not wear masks during our April cruise, (our first 3 cruises we had to wear masks). Of course I got it. So our cruise in September we will probably mask up a little more, especially in the theater.

We’ll be masking onboard. We have plans for travel in Europe after the cruise that I don’t want curtailed by covid.

I 100 percent don’t mind being the only ones masking either. My kids are used it as they were the only kids still masking at school at the end of the year. I have stocked up on n95s for our trip.

I was on the May Hawaii cruise on the Wonder and masked up the entire time indoors. Didn’t want to risk quarantine in Canada if I was positive and couldn’t get back into the US. Tested negative at the Vancouver airport so was happy I wore the mask.
FWIW, there is no more testing requirement to re-enter the United States. IF you test and you're positive, they'll make you quarantine, but there's no obligation to test in the first place.

Mass are definitely the minority. And Incant see a family living it up at WDW pre-cruise maskless suddenly putting a mask on the cruise ship. Especially if it’s only a three or four night. Honestly if I was just doing a short cruise I probably wouldn’t care and go maskless because if I were to catch Covid I’d be home in the comfort of my own home when/if anything were to hit.

Our upcoming cruise is a 10 nighter. Honestly this will be my third cruise during Covid and I am starting to freak out a bit to be honest. I’m more worried because that’s long enough to actually catch Covid and have symptoms while on board. So I’m masking up until maybe the very end. For me it’s all about lowering my chances with each step. I know if I’m eating in the main dining room I’m exposed so many will see what’s the point of masking up then. I’ll then argue back and say well true I’m at risk while eating but I’m still gonna lower my risk of catching Covid while watching a show in the theater. Masks don’t bother us, I have to wear one for my hour and a half train commute anyways to work and so I’ll have no issue wearing one on board indoors. On the pool deck though I’ll be more relaxed about it.
And will also wear them on the excursion buses. This is actually how many on the Hawaii cruise got Covid. It was an overwhelmingly coincidence that most who posted in the Facebook post Cruise they got Covid were on the same Aulani transfer buses

Last edited:
We got off the Fantasy recently, we wore masks indoors and outside during sail away and pirates becabuse of the close quarters. No one in my family got sick. the last night of cruise the Believe showing was crowded and lots of people around me were sneezing, coughing and blowing nose, made me very uncomfortable. There have been a good number of people in our Facebook group for that sailing that have tested positive in the days right after.

Mass are definitely the minority. And Incant see a family living it up at WDW pre-cruise maskless suddenly putting a mask on the cruise ship. Especially if it’s only a three or four night. Honestly if I was just doing a short cruise I probably wouldn’t care and go maskless because if I were to catch Covid I’d be home in the comfort of my own home when/if anything were to hit.
My phone told me I was exposed Jun 16-17. I got symptoms on the 19th so even on a 3-4 nighter it could affect you on the ship.

I was on the May Hawaii cruise on the Wonder and masked up the entire time indoors. Didn’t want to risk quarantine in Canada if I was positive and couldn’t get back into the US. Tested negative at the Vancouver airport so was happy I wore the mask

We were on the same cruise. We masked in the theaters and some other indoor spaces, but not everywhere. We've got a river cruise in October and we'll mask based on the conditions at the time.

We chose to mask 95+% of the time on our Wish cruise last weekend (indoor/outdoor). I would say maybe 10% were masked on our cruise. Our FB group is reporting Covid positive tests. We have tested three times now since disembarking and will continue to do so, but we are hopeful that we remain negative.

We have cruises in Oct, Nov, Dec, and Jan.

Terrified we’ll run into something on one of them. Our Oct/Nov cruise is only one week apart … 😳 I truly thought we’d be past the worst by now. Shows how much I know! 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter