Mask up buttercup! We're going to Walt Disney World! A 15 day trip like no other! UPDATED x lots 9/10!

Your lime green mickey head comment reminded me I still have a bunch of the mickey head paint samples left! No lime green, but I would grab other colors to use for decorations! I had forgotten all about them.

20210214_124727.jpg

Those crowd-less pictures are amazing!

Your lime green mickey head comment reminded me I still have a bunch of the mickey head paint samples left! No lime green, but I would grab other colors to use for decorations! I had forgotten all about them.

View attachment 556326

Those crowd-less pictures are amazing!

Awww, the paint sample cards! Your picture made me smile!

I could not get over how few people there were. I've never seen it like that before.

I've never! I've never ever! I've never ever seen anything like this before! continued

Let's continue on with the Jingle Jungle Cruise shall we. As I said, Disney had added some Christmas touches here and there. You can see the gorillas have on holiday hats and there are gifts strewn here and there.

IMG_7337.JPEG

I guess there really wasn't a way to add anything Christmasy to lions snacking on a zebra. :teeth:

IMG_7338.JPEG

I'm betting these guys didn't give two poops about the gifts nearby. I mean, if you have a horn about to be poking you in the booty, a gift isn't the first thing on your mind.
IMG_7339.JPEG

and then the last picture that I took of our cruise is this little cutie. You can't help but smile when you see him!

IMG_7341.JPEG

**Up next: Yo Ho! Yo Ho! Who parted the crowds for me?

Yo Ho! Yo Ho! Who parted the crowds for me?

After our Jingle Jungle Cruise, we stayed in Adventureland and walked towards Pirates of the Caribbean. We couldn't believe the lack of crowds? Just look at this!

IMG_7342.JPEG

You can see the physical distancing markers on the pavement and the poles marking the line.

IMG_7343.JPEG

The wait time when we arrived was 25 minutes but it didn't take us that long to board. The picture below was taken at 9:21 a.m.

IMG_7344.JPEG

IMG_7346.JPEG

This next picture is really dark but I wanted to post it because we were sitting in our own boat at 9:40 a.m.

IMG_7347.JPEG

A few weeks before we went on vacation, I got a new iphone but, dumb me did not learn the camera settings before we left. So, a lot of my pictures are blurry or just downright bad.

Did you know that there's a legend that a ghost named George is located in this section of Pirates of Caribbean. If you say his name repeatedly, he is suppose to stop the boats. George has never shown up on any of our voyages but that's what I've heard. Take that however you would like.

IMG_7349.JPEG

IMG_7351.JPEG

IMG_7353.JPEG

That's the only decent pictures that I took. I've got a $1000 phone with two cameras and I took pictures like this? Goodness gracious!

**Up next: Relax.......ation! Relax......ation! Some tables, some chairs! A little relaxation for me and you. (Obviously, that's suppose to be sung ot the Imagination song).

Relax.......ation! Relax......ation! Some tables, some chairs! A little relaxation for me and you!

This will be a single picture update. Very possibly, the shortest update on any Disney trip report. :ssst: It's a single picture but I felt that it needed a post of its own since it's very relevant to the current state of things at Walt Disney World.

Located on the walkway between Adventureland and Frontierland, there is a relaxation station. The tables and seating are six feet apart or more and you can spend as much time there as you would like. The entryway is manned by a cast member who will direct you to an open table. You must wear your mask until you are seated and you must wear your mask when you get up to leave.

You can see in this picture that the cast member is wiping down the chair and we noticed that they'd wipe down the tables and chairs each time guests leave.

IMG_7359.JPEG

**Up next: Having a splashtastic time!

I love the collapsible containers for on top of the dresser. I am going to have to go get some of those; so much better than having everything all over the place!

Having a splashtastic time!

After taking pictures of the relaxation area, we continued on towards Frontierland. It had been a while since we had ridden Splash Mountain and with the news that it would be getting a new theme, I really wanted to ride it before the changeover. I try to remember to take a good picture of the wait time sign but I didn't because we were too busy trying to figure out where the line actually was. The physical distancing markers were a bit confusing because they appeared to go towards the regular queue but they looped over beside the store and they were easy to miss. Several people walked right on past them because they didn't see them. We almost did. The family in front of us were talking and wondered if this were the line and decided to leave and go another way. In just a few minutes, they were back and had an "oh s***" look on their face because the line had grown while they were gone. John and I asked them if they wanted to take back their place in front of us and the look of relief was immediate. They stood to the side a little to maintain a safe distance and when the guests in front of us moved, we stayed put and let them have the next marker.

When we moved up a little, I was able to take a picture of the wait time which was 30 minutes. Not bad. You can see how far to the left of the regular line we were.

IMG_7360.JPEG

It had been so long since we had been in the stand by line and I had forgotten the cute little birdhouses hanging in the trees. (they are actually speakers and not birdhouses)

IMG_7362.JPEG

The line wound around and we were moving almost constantly. During one stop, I took a quick selfie.

IMG_7363.JPEG

At the base of the steps, I snapped this picture.

IMG_7364.JPEG

And we got to the first landing on the steps and I saw this cute little sign. I posted on Facebook that we were about to have a splashtastic time.

IMG_7365.JPEG

That's about the time that the line stopped moving. An announcement came on that they would be resuming rides shortly. I thought that maybe they were doing the cleaning/sanitizing cycle that they are required to do ever so often. We people watched while we waited because that's always a fun thing to do. A little while later, another announcement came on and they said that they weren't sure when it would be running but we could stay in line or find a cast member who would let us out at an exit. We stayed put through another announcement and then decided to leave. I was bummed! John was not because he didn't want to get wet and walk around with a wet behind.:teeth:

**Up next: I see a reindeer.....and Santa!

Thanks for the picture of the relaxation station area, I don't know that I had seen one yet!

Splash Mountain seems to break down every time we ride it, though usually while we are on it! Though thanks to the Keys to the Kingdom tour I know why it takes so long to restart when it does!

Thank you for another trip report! Love to read your reports!

I see a reindeer.....and Santa!

As we were walking from Splash Mountain towards the main walkway, we heard music. That's when we saw a few cast members coming our way. We moved to the side and then came the first cavalcade of the trip! I see reindeer!

IMG_7366.JPEG

IMG_7367.JPEG

IMG_7368.JPEG

IMG_7369.JPEG

IMG_7370.JPEG

They were so cute! Here comes Santa Claus!

IMG_7371.JPEG

IMG_7372.JPEG

Some cute little elves were following Santa!

IMG_7373.JPEG

IMG_7374.JPEG

The cavalcade was short (maybe two minutes) but it helped to fill the void of no parades.

Up next: Let's do this and see how it goes!

I got so far behind! I'm so glad the crowds were so low for you too. We had the same experience in September.

Sorry you got so close to load Splash and then didn't get on. I hope you got on later in the trip.

I love all your organizing things for the room! I have to remember some of those.

Let's do this and see how it goes!
We were near Pecos Bill's and we were both getting hungry so there was no reason to go any further for food. This would be our first mobile order in the parks and, like when we ordered at our resort, I was anxious to see how well it worked. I used the mobile app at Pecos Bills during our 2019 trip and were the first at the pick up window. But they couldn't find our order and we waited 20 minutes for our food. We were a little po'd about it.

I opened the My Disney Experience app, Tapped the + sign at the bottom and we set about ordering our food. After we ordered our food, I let the restaurant know that we were there and to prepare the order. Next, I received a notification that the order was received and they were preparing our food. The last notification that we received was that our food was ready. I kept the app open and we found the "new" entrance to the restaurant. It was on the side near the Golder Outpost. Before we were allowed to enter, I had to show the cast member the notification and they directed us to the appropriate line.

We picked up our food and drinks and then went outside to find a table. There were several open and we chose one that a cast member had just wiped down.

I ordered the Southwest Salad.

IMG_7375.JPEG

John chose the Bacon Cheeseburger with a side of chips. We added two orders of guacamole.

IMG_7377.JPEG

IMG_7376.JPEG

Our food was good but I will admit that we missed the fixin's bar! It was one of the best on property in our opinion.

As we were picking up our empty plates, we heard the Christmas music again and out came another cavalcade. This time, we saw a lot of characters.

IMG_7378.JPEG

IMG_7379.JPEG

**Up next: We can fly! We can fly! We can FLY! We flew!

Ugh! We had that happen to us but we were in Pecos Bills and people were the first in the line for lunch but we waited forever for our food. Other people would walk up, get their's and go on their way.

I'm worried about my DH's patience with this in May. DD and I have already experienced it.

IMG_7306.JPEG

Looks Great!

Unlike some, we can't live out of a suitcase for very long. If it's for a day or two, then yes. If longer, then I need to get unpacked.

Same. If it's more than a night or 2, I'm unpacking.

s I said earlier, I am an overpacker especially when I know that we will be gone for a while. In order to stay sane in a resort room for two weeks, we needed all of our things to be organized and we were pleased with the outcome of our efforts.

Love your organization. Everything makes perfect sense.

Having said that, it is annoying when you've been at the bus stop for a while, a bus pulls up and the guests who just walked up could "break in line" because there's no dedicated "line" at the bus stops. We wondered how that would work with social/physical distancing and when Disney was assigning seats on the bus. We would soon find out.

I'm worried about this.

There were four markers near the front of the stop and guests were to stand behind the markers and form a line.

Nice to hear but what if there are more than 4 groups?

How long did it take us to get the Magic Kingdom, through security, have my bag checked, take a pee break, tap our Magic Bands and walk under the railway? I'll tell you how fast. My next picture has a time stamp of 8:12 a.m.!

Nice!

Our first stop for the day would be Starbucks to get John's morning coffee.

That has become our morning stop too.

Lovely view! We liked the bright colors.

We couldn't believe the lack of crowds? Just look at this!

IMG_7342.JPEG

You went to WDW at the perfect time, before the crowds. Our trip in October was during Fall Breaks so we never saw crowds this low.

When we moved up a little, I was able to take a picture of the wait time which was 30 minutes. Not bad. You can see how far to the left of the regular line we were.

Good call on doing it early.

It had been so long since we had been in the stand by line and I had forgotten the cute little birdhouses hanging in the trees. (they are actually speakers and not birdhouses)

Before our October trip I hadn't done stand by in a very long time. The birdhouses are really cute.

I was bummed! John was not because he didn't want to get wet and walk around with a wet behind.:teeth:

Oh noooo! It does seem to go down a lot.

The cavalcade was short (maybe two minutes) but it helped to fill the void of no parades.

These are fun and fast.

Love your closet organization. Low crowds look great. I like the idea of mobile order for quick service too. Do they offer that for the Starbucks in the park too? How about the carts (beverage, popcorn, ice cream)?

I'm glad your meal went well at Pecos Bills. We did not have that luck last trip. We've never had a great experience there. Maybe next time!

Caught up again! The pictures of CBR were just gorgeous -- I love that resort! Love your masks too from the selfie in the Splash line, super cute. Did you make those?

And GENIUS on the collapsable bins for on the TV stand / dresser! That area always becomes a total PIT of random things for us... I am totally stealing this idea for our next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter