Mashed Potatoes

I cook them in my instant pot and then mash with the masher with some warm milk,butter, salt and garlic powder.

I peel and throw my 'taters in the instant pot with 1 c. of water and cook them. Then some unsweetened almond milk and Earth Balance and I mash them. I like some texture in my 'taters.

Can you tell me more specifics, like size you cut them too, and how long you cook them in there?

Thanks!

Steamed with saltwater, Mashed by hand with butter, cream and garlic. Yum! 2 pulled out to be mashed with almond milk and margarine for DBIL who can't eat dairy anymore due to it being e crohns trigger.

Dang, this thread is making me hungry! I’ll take one of each of your methods, and let you know which one I like best.

I rarely make mashed potatoes, but the few times I do it’s Pioneer Woman’s recipe. It’s horribly fattening but SO delicious and always a hit.

I was going to buy mashed potatoes because I hate making them, but thanks to this thread I am going to attempt my own on my Instant Pot. Thank you (I think)!

for major holidays I make my mother-in-law's super rich recipe. heart attack on a plate but oh so yummy.

I whip the potatoes with butter, cream cheese and cream (plus a bit of salt---then put them in a pan and bake them to get a cripy top (I often make them up the night before and just bake them on the day of---in fact the potatoes are cooking right now to bewhipped before tomorrow)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter