• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mary & Dan's TR- WP/BW 6/22/07-Getting ready

pixie08

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone I am back and married! It has been a little over a month and I have been waiting for my pro photos but I thought I would start anyway.
My wedding and the weeks leading up to it were better than I could have even imagined. Everything was perfect and the Disney staff and our vendors went above and beyond to make our wedding perfect. my only disappointment is that it all went sooo quickly!:confused3

June 10, 2007-07-11

Chapter 1: “The Beginning”

When the alarm rang at 3am I was barely cohesive. I though “What the heck is going on?”- Oh wait it was 2 weeks before my wedding and today was the day I get to begin my trip to Orlando. Woohoo-I sprung out of bed and Dan awoke with no coaxing. The car was already packed (and I mean packed like a sardine) from the night before. So around 4am we get in the car and off we go.

1050.jpg

Dan is in the mood for Disney- unfortunately this is only one of two times I could get him to wear the hat!

We stopped in South Carolina for the night and on Monday early in the morning made our way to Florida.

Chapter 1 continued…
“Ok this Florida but it ain’t Disney folks!”

Monday around 1pm we had finally made to Florida…wooohooo! We had to the new Vistana Villages to check in. When we got there we checked in, the girl said oh you have a great new building. Yeah sure- well we go over there and needless to say the building was literally on a construction site. OK not happy but whatever we will deal with it for 2 nights. We head to the elevator (my brother is in a wheelchair so you imagine this is necessary) and the elevator does not work. So we drive back to the registration area and re-register. Well the next room is not ready. I knew it wasn’t 3 o’clock yet so I really couldn’t complain but after driving for 8 hours I really just wanted to get to the room. We looked for a place to eat and there was only one- the pool bar/ café. Ok just Caesar salads for us lol!

1051.jpg

Dan is always happy but my brother like me is can be a bit skeptical!

We hung out at the pool and then finally around 4pm got to check in. They were supposed to call our cell when the room was ready but they never did so we decided just to go and see if the room was ready. When we got to the room I will say it was a very nice 2 bedroom but all the hassle wasn’t worth the $200 we saved imo.

At 8pm we had reservations for Emeril’s Tchoup tchoup. So we headed over to Universal’s Royal Pacific Hotel. I must say it was a really beautiful resort and we were really impressed. Still that “something” Disney possesses as a whole resort was missing but we really loved the resort.

1052.jpg

Dan and I practicing for Hawaii at the pacific

1053.jpg

my brother wanted a pic in front of it. He was so excited to get to try an Emeril’s restaurant. Dan and I had tried the other one at universal and we really liked it. It didn’t WOW us but we liked it enough so we decided to give this one a try and Steve was just ecstatic.

Once we got inside I was blown away. The place is just beautiful. It is meticoulously designed and I would say one of the best designed places I have been to.

1056.jpg

My not so good pic of the interior

Tchoup20Chop20interiorlr.jpg

aA better one I pulled of google images just so you guys can see the beauty of this place!
I have to say it was one of the best meals I have had. Although people do not usually associate Emeril with Asian food I say if you like that type of cuisine this is a must –do! The drinks were great as well!

1054.jpg

Needless to say Steve was a very happy man!

The next day we went to Sea World. We had a great time, it has been a while since any of us had been there so that was nice.

1058.jpg

Us in the morning- umm pardon the weird hairdo…I must have been reeeaaaally sleepy.

1065.jpg

Dan feeding the stingrays

1074.jpg

And Shamu of course.

We were desperately craving some Disney but and we had no Dinners plans. So on a whim Dan called WDW dining and we were able to get an 8pm ressie for Boma- YUM YUM! Then the sad part was leaving the AKL to go back to the Vistana. The only thing that made me happy was knowing the next day we would be checking into the Boardwalk!

Up next in chapter two- And the magic begin….We finally arrive in Disney!

Wow everything looks great! You made a beautiful bride! And I love those bouquets! Can't wait to read the next installment

I love it so far!!! I think I want to go to seaworld now! hahaha, I just texted df to ask him!! he is gonna say "sure, who's trip report are you reading now??" Emril's looks amazing! THat table is beautiful!

I love love love love those flowers!! Did Disney do them? I think they came out BEAUTIFUL!! You looked AMAZING!! The dress is beautiful!! The cake looks amazing too!! What flavors did you go with?

Can't wait for the rest!!

So pretty!! I love all the pics so far and can't wait to read and see more. Congratulations on what looks like a wonderful wedding!!!

Every looked gorgeous Mary! I can't wait to read more. Congratulations!

that is beautiful. i love your ceterpieces, no unique and elegant and the crystals inside wow. the bouquets look like they were from a mag and everyone looks so happy.

o and the ice sorbet so cute i could go on but i will wait for more wowo wowo

Everything is so beautiful! The cake, the flowers, and I LOVE your dress!!! So pretty!! Can't wait to read more!!!

I've been waiting for you to start your trip report :yay:. You look beautiful and everything looks amazing! I cannot get over how gorgeous all of your flowers are... WOW! I love them all :goodvibes. I'm jealous of your centerpieces, I was really disappointed in ours. I can't wait to read more :cool1:. Emeril’s restaurant looks incredible - I'm definitely going to have to try it sometime.

Wow im just starting this TR and you look phenomenal! You definitely spoiled us with spoiler pics!! You trip seems fun so far. Cant wait to get it going!! Your and your new DH are so adorable and look great together! Congratulations- cant wait for more!popcorn::

Awww thank you so much everyone! You girls are so sweet. Hopefully I can start the next part of my report soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter