Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

compshu

DisDad #758
Anyone check out the new S.H.I.E.L.D. show? As a huge fan of comic books and Joss Whedon, I love it so far, and hopefully the writers can start to stretch their legs a bit to get the show running once the early intro episodes are done.

Anyone check out the new S.H.I.E.L.D. show? As a huge fan of comic books and Joss Whedon, I love it so far, and hopefully the writers can start to stretch their legs a bit to get the show running once the early intro episodes are done.

Watched the first two shows. Still not ready to make a decision yet. Decent show, but needs some actual heroes/villains. So far everything has been pretty basic. We'll give it a few more shows and report back. Acting is OK, not really feeling the 2 scientists.

I've watched the first two as well. Since it's a long form tv show (with almost all new characters we didn't follow as kids) it will take time to find its voice. It has potential. The 1980s style explosion in episode 2, where no bad guy was hurt, was a little cheesy. I'm sticking with it for a while.

We are watching it. I enjoy it; but I think we have been spoiled by Joss Whedon on what Marvel movies look like.
I am looking forward to see where it goes from here and see what new characters we get.

I'm really enjoying the show, and I think (as is true with most Joss Whedon shows) it's just getting better as the show goes on. This week's show is waiting on the TiVo for me - I wait and watch it with DW. But I enjoy the way that Joss slow-plays the backstories. We learn a little bit more and get just a few more hints as to the bigger story elements every week.

I think the overall goal of the look/feel is intentionally to play up the "comic books on TV" idea.

They're saying the next 7 episodes are all new, no repeats starting this Tuesday. What a cruel April Fool's joke that could be :p

I guess the next few episodes lead up to and cross over with the Winter Soldier plot. Big time stuff going on.

They did the Thor tie in after the second movie came out, they picked up where it left off. Wonder if they will do the same or of we may get some prequel info this time.

From what I read, whatever happens in tomorrow's episode will lead into the movie which opens Friday, then next week's episode picks up after the movie.

From what I read, whatever happens in tomorrow's episode will lead into the movie which opens Friday, then next week's episode picks up after the movie.

Well... I'm not sure that I'll see the movie before I see the next episode. Then again, I'm not terribly certain that they'll tie much of it into the actual plot of the episode, but it will be interesting to see what happens to Fury. ::eek::

But that episode last night... wow. I have to admit, I was excited about this show when it premiered, but the last few weeks it started to feel a little bit stale and I was kind of starting to get bored with it to be quite honest. The episode last night really got me excited about this show again, and I can't wait to see the next one.

I saw the movie last night (fantastic!), and, without spoiling anything, I don't see how it would be a small tie-in like the Thor episode. I think the movie may have a huge effect on the show.

They've been saying that what happens in the movie has a major ripple effect over the entire Universe, both the TV show and the upcoming movies, particularly Avengers 2.

I saw the movie last night (fantastic!), and, without spoiling anything, I don't see how it would be a small tie-in like the Thor episode. I think the movie may have a huge effect on the show.

And so it did!

So I guess I need to see the movie. I've got a feeling that the show might have offered a pretty significant spoiler for it though... :rolleyes1

Wow, just watched last week's episode. Not happy about Agent Ward. I'm hoping he has an evil twin or was brainwashed. LOL

I'm thinking either drugged, possessed, or brainwashed. He looked pretty sickly the whole episode too.

Is this still season one? I didn't jump in when the series started so I'm waiting for it on dvd. I don't want to try to figure out what's going on in the middle of a season. It looks really good and I dig the whole Marvel universe thing.

Is this still season one? I didn't jump in when the series started so I'm waiting for it on dvd. I don't want to try to figure out what's going on in the middle of a season. It looks really good and I dig the whole Marvel universe thing.

Still season one, Chris.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter