Marvel Dining is back!

Has anyone done this pre-covid? I had a look at the link. My kiddos aren't super huge Marvel fans but do like the characters... is it worth it? I have to say Cafe 4 looks kind of high school cafeteria-ish.

Anyone know if there are AP discounts on it? Technically, I'd count it as dining 🤔

Has anyone done this pre-covid? I had a look at the link. My kiddos aren't super huge Marvel fans but do like the characters... is it worth it? I have to say Cafe 4 looks kind of high school cafeteria-ish.
We did it with two of our grandsons and liked it enough to book it this coming April with our granddaughter. The character experience was a big reason but we thought the food offerings were much better than we anticipated. Happy to see it return! Your assessment of Cafe 4 is fairly accurate.

Well, we did this event tonight.

We showed up a few minutes early, and we were seated immediately. The place was not full. Hopefully it is just because it reopened so recently. When we walked in, several characters were waiting around for tables to visit.

Our waiter took the drink orders and then we were off to the buffet.

The food was super basic “italian” fare - in the most American sense. TONS of kid friendly options.

* rolls
* bread
* butter
* ceasar salad
* house salad
* pasta salad
* pineapple, watermelon, canteloup
* prime rib carving station
* mac and cheese
* some cauliflower dish
* some sort of baby potatoes
* cheeze and pepperoni pizza
* mini hot dogs
* cheeseburger sliders
* grilled cheese sliders
* tater tots
* hulk macaroons
* spiderman shortbread cookies
* chocolate chip cookies
* mini key lime tarts

You go through the line, and can return for as many plates as you want.

From a food quality perspective, none of the quality was superb, but it was edible. The kids all ate. The wife is generally super picky, and she particularly liked the pizza, the chocolate chip cookies, and the pasta salad. If you were going for the food, you’d be disappointed.

But you ARENT going for the food, the kids will eat it, and no one will leave hungry.

Now for the characters: Wolverine, Captain America, Spiderman, Storm, Rogue, Cyclops.

These guys were all FANTASTIC. Maybe because its still slow, but they spent so much time with us. I was actually getting antsy because my youngest wasnt really eating because they just kept coming. Then they’d come back by and interacting so much!

For example, wolverine tried to sneak up and cut off my daughters ponytail. He swore to her he’d get it before the night was over. Sure enough, he kept sneaking over and she’d see him. Even when we were leaving, he tried one last time.

Spiderman actually pulled up a chair and sat for awhile. Storm probably stood there talking to my girls for over 10 minutes. At one point, she even pulled Captain America over because they were playing off each other. They were all in great character, and extremely knowledgeable of their repective source material.

Be sure to take some kind of plush animal in there and show it to wolverine. He loves them. ;)

They all made sure to get all the kids up and do a posed picture. Some had photpass photographers and some didnt. But not all the pics showed in my account, so take your own backup photos!

About a year and a half ago, we had a bad grinch dining experience, where we got skipped all together. Here? Cyclops passed us by because Storm was getting long winded (pun definately intended), went on his rounds to the other side of the place. As soon as Storm was done with us, Cyclops b-lined it over to our table to MAKE A POINT TO SEE US!

Fantastic. Aside from slightly better food, we could not have been happier. The kids all REALLY enjoyed themselves thanks to the characters. We would DEFINATELY do it again, and would highly recommend it.

Also, please note, that gratuity for your server is already included, so after you pre-pay, you dont have to worry about it (I double checked with the manager).

Great to know. Thanks for sharing! We have reservations in five weeks and our granddaughter is super excited about this dining experience. No chicken or fish??

Well, we did this event tonight.

We showed up a few minutes early, and we were seated immediately. The place was not full. Hopefully it is just because it reopened so recently. When we walked in, several characters were waiting around for tables to visit.

Our waiter took the drink orders and then we were off to the buffet.

The food was super basic “italian” fare - in the most American sense. TONS of kid friendly options.

* rolls
* bread
* butter
* ceasar salad
* house salad
* pasta salad
* pineapple, watermelon, canteloup
* prime rib carving station
* mac and cheese
* some cauliflower dish
* some sort of baby potatoes
* cheeze and pepperoni pizza
* mini hot dogs
* cheeseburger sliders
* grilled cheese sliders
* tater tots
* hulk macaroons
* spiderman shortbread cookies
* chocolate chip cookies
* mini key lime tarts

You go through the line, and can return for as many plates as you want.

From a food quality perspective, none of the quality was superb, but it was edible. The kids all ate. The wife is generally super picky, and she particularly liked the pizza, the chocolate chip cookies, and the pasta salad. If you were going for the food, you’d be disappointed.

But you ARENT going for the food, the kids will eat it, and no one will leave hungry.

Now for the characters: Wolverine, Captain America, Spiderman, Storm, Rogue, Cyclops.

These guys were all FANTASTIC. Maybe because its still slow, but they spent so much time with us. I was actually getting antsy because my youngest wasnt really eating because they just kept coming. Then they’d come back by and interacting so much!

For example, wolverine tried to sneak up and cut off my daughters ponytail. He swore to her he’d get it before the night was over. Sure enough, he kept sneaking over and she’d see him. Even when we were leaving, he tried one last time.

Spiderman actually pulled up a chair and sat for awhile. Storm probably stood there talking to my girls for over 10 minutes. At one point, she even pulled Captain America over because they were playing off each other. They were all in great character, and extremely knowledgeable of their repective source material.

Be sure to take some kind of plush animal in there and show it to wolverine. He loves them. ;)

They all made sure to get all the kids up and do a posed picture. Some had photpass photographers and some didnt. But not all the pics showed in my account, so take your own backup photos!

About a year and a half ago, we had a bad grinch dining experience, where we got skipped all together. Here? Cyclops passed us by because Storm was getting long winded (pun definately intended), went on his rounds to the other side of the place. As soon as Storm was done with us, Cyclops b-lined it over to our table to MAKE A POINT TO SEE US!

Fantastic. Aside from slightly better food, we could not have been happier. The kids all REALLY enjoyed themselves thanks to the characters. We would DEFINATELY do it again, and would highly recommend it.

Also, please note, that gratuity for your server is already included, so after you pre-pay, you dont have to worry about it (I double checked with the manager).
That's a terrific recap. We don't really like Cafe 4 but it's good to know that it was still worth it because of the character interactions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter