Marriott Grande Vista or Harbour Lakes?

MarBee

DIS Veteran
Looking at both of these properties for a February/March stay this year. My family of four would be staying in a studio. Looking for clean, good pools/atmosphere, and convenient.
We will be renting a car and will primarily be doing Discovery Cove and Sea World, but may also go to Disney Springs or Universal City Walk.
We haven’t really stayed anywhere but on Disney property much in the area, so any feedback is welcome.
Thank you in advance!

We haven’t stayed in either of the properties for a few years, so definitely look for more recent reviews and advice. We loved Harbour Lake and stayed there several times. It’s especially great with younger children, say toddlers through tweens. They have cool facilities (pools, splash area, mini golf, basketball courts, …) and fun activities scheduled every day. We stayed in a variety of room types, and they were all nice. The two bedroom was particularly awesome, with a full kitchen, laundry, screened porch, etc. Good luck and have fun!

Looking at both of these properties for a February/March stay this year. My family of four would be staying in a studio. Looking for clean, good pools/atmosphere, and convenient.
We will be renting a car and will primarily be doing Discovery Cove and Sea World, but may also go to Disney Springs or Universal City Walk.
We haven’t really stayed anywhere but on Disney property much in the area, so any feedback is welcome.
Thank you in advance!
I haven't stayed at either but think you can't go wrong with either one. I am very interested to see what others recommend to. Are you traveling with teens or smaller children?

I haven't stayed at either but think you can't go wrong with either one. I am very interested to see what others recommend to. Are you traveling with teens or smaller children?
I will have a 10 and 11 year old with me. I’m not sure if they’re “too cool” for the pirate ship sprayground I see at Harbour Lakes, or if they’ll still geek out over it.

Folks are MVC and those are their two favorite in Orlando. I have stayed at Vista twice - one right at a main pool which I loved, then last time at a golf unit and ..... wasn't as special. I'm hoping to do Harbor Lake next, both folks say we will love it.

My preference is for Harbour Lake. I have stayed there a couple of times previously. The splash pad, mini golf course, and water slide are all great.

If your kids were a shade older I would probably recommend Grande Vista.

Have fun!

Harbour Lake is super close to Discovery Cove. I’d stay there. Stayed at both that and Grande Vista, and preferred Harbour Lake totally.

We haven't stayed at either that you asked about, but we did stay across the street from Harbour Lake at Cypress Harbour and I loved the location. So convenient to so many things. I have some friends that stayed at Harbour Lake with their little on (about 6 at the time of the trip) and they loved it.

We’ve stayed at both, multiple times. We prefer Harbor Lake, and not just because we own there. We’ve traveled with a preschooler and moody teenage boys and even they preferred HL. A pick up basketball game after dark, the mini golf and resort activities - you earn seashell coins/poker chips for participating that can be exchanged for prizes. I wish I remembered their names, but the folks in the activities will get to know your kids after just a day and really make it a fun visit. Plus it’s conveniently close to Sea World and discovery cove. If grand Vista has resumed boat rentals and activities then it might be a contender for your family. We traveled to both in during 2021 and were disappointed that GV was doing zero activities while HL was doing their best to get things safely up and going. Huge difference. If you stay at GV, splurge on a round of Foot Golf on the golf course, the kiddos can help drive the golf carts around.

Mom note: I love the fitness classes at HL. Yoga on the dock is so peaceful in the morning. Sometimes I’m the only one there. Personal yoga instruction for free? Yes please!

Harbour Lakes is definitely better for kids 10 and under. Grande Vista feels a tiny bit more "chic adult" although they still have tons of kids there of course, and a huge pool. But not nearly as many activities and amenities that are kid focused as Harbour. HOWEVER Harbour is pretty much booked solid for any stay over 4 days until May from my quick check. We are Bonvoy Gold Elite.

We’ve stayed at both, multiple times. We prefer Harbor Lake, and not just because we own there. We’ve traveled with a preschooler and moody teenage boys and even they preferred HL. A pick up basketball game after dark, the mini golf and resort activities - you earn seashell coins/poker chips for participating that can be exchanged for prizes. I wish I remembered their names, but the folks in the activities will get to know your kids after just a day and really make it a fun visit. Plus it’s conveniently close to Sea World and discovery cove. If grand Vista has resumed boat rentals and activities then it might be a contender for your family. We traveled to both in during 2021 and were disappointed that GV was doing zero activities while HL was doing their best to get things safely up and going. Huge difference. If you stay at GV, splurge on a round of Foot Golf on the golf course, the kiddos can help drive the golf carts around.

Mom note: I love the fitness classes at HL. Yoga on the dock is so peaceful in the morning. Sometimes I’m the only one there. Personal yoga instruction for free? Yes please!
Grande Vista has resumed the boat rentals. Not sure how many activities are up and running yet.

We just stayed 4 nights in a studio at Grande Vista and would not recommend. Our room was very dingy and dirty. White socks become black in the room. The room was constantly very humid and even having a low AC temperature setting we could not still get towels to dry despite entire day of hanging to dry. Property was not well kept, pool was small and not exciting. The linens were torn and frayed at the edges and the pull out sofa was not fully working. I would pick a different place to stay in the area.

We just stayed 4 nights in a studio at Grande Vista and would not recommend. Our room was very dingy and dirty. White socks become black in the room. The room was constantly very humid and even having a low AC temperature setting we could not still get towels to dry despite entire day of hanging to dry. Property was not well kept, pool was small and not exciting. The linens were torn and frayed at the edges and the pull out sofa was not fully working. I would pick a different place to stay in the area.
That is too bad, its' one of their "top locations" in Orlando with corporate right at entrance (for now). Now that you mention it, when we stayed by the main pool we had a one bedroom unlocked to a studio. It was very damp inside and carpet was damp on arrival. I think they must have just cleaned it. Luckily we weren't in unit much.

Last time in a 1 bedroom, like I reported not special. Well decorated and quiet but not close to anything. It actually took us almost an hour to check in. Considering how big and how many employees it was aggravating.

Just got back from Sabal Palms at World Center. Checked in in 5 minutes and absolutely LOVED the unit!!! and "village". Last night tried to book it again for July but couldn't get but did book it for October. In July we will be in a 3 bed in Imperial Palms also World Center, we stayed there last summer and again 5 minute check in.

Too many options in Orlando, now that I've tried more than Grande Vista, I won't go back there.

Ugh! Sorry it was not a great stay, but thank you for the heads up! Definitely will look elsewhere in the future!

That is too bad, its' one of their "top locations" in Orlando with corporate right at entrance (for now).
Technically that is just the Orlando sales center out in front of Grande Vista. Their corporate office is on Westwood Blvd.

We have had issues with the AC three times when checking in at Grande Vista. The last time they were taking a long time to arrive to take a look at it and we called back and asked them to move us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter