marriott courtyard theme park park entrance vs hojo

jessredrabbit

I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Hello All,

I need some help my 5 year old and I are going on a Disney trip in July and I'm trying to choose between the renovated HoJo rooms and the Marriott Courtyard Theme Park entrance. We have stayed at the Marriott before and loved it. The Marriott has all the things that are important to us, quiet hotel, comfy beds, good AC, awesome pool, close to parks, good service, etc. Hojo on paper seems similar but much cheaper but we have never stayed there. Can anyone who has stayed at both comment which they prefer? I know Hojo is much older so I'm not expecting it to be as nice as the Marriott rather the deal breaker to us would be if the hotel is loud (I.e you can hear the free way) and if the air conditioner is loud and ineffective.
Thank you 😊

We stayed at the hojo in February and it was ok. We have done the Marriott Fairfield inn, right next to your courtyard, three times and also the Marriott residence inn. We enjoyed the hojo, we did the updated rooms in building one. The space is good, we liked the table space and the storage for our things. We have two kids, 2years old and 2 months at the time.

We weren’t used to the little further walk than the Fairfield. Plus a little mild uphill. Also there is nothing convenient to Just pickup food and go back to the room. We did ubereats and deliveries of stuff. It was a bit awkward bc there’s no dedicated spot to meet drivers. Most of the time, I would meet the drivers in the curb and they would park in the median of the street.

We’re going again next week, and we’re back at the Fairfield.

Hojo does have a very nice pool play area splash pad space. It is nice to also walk around the grounds, they take care of it. They plant new flowers and trees.

We always stay at Hojo building 2. I’m picky about noise and have never had an issue with it except when we stayed on the ground floor. Then I could pick up noise /vibrations from the highway. I always ask for an upper floor and a room far from the elevator.

We always stay at Hojo building 2. I’m picky about noise and have never had an issue with it except when we stayed on the ground floor. Then I could pick up noise /vibrations from the highway. I always ask for an upper floor and a room far from the elevator.
That's good to know. We stayed at Hojo ONCE, and then swore to never stay again because of the road noise. It was so much louder than any other Harbor hotel we've stayed at. We were on the 1st floor on the west end of building 6, so your road assessment makes sense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter