Marrige license in Florida

diznee25

Disney all the time
My fiance' and I want to get our marrige license through the mail but are unsure of how this works. How soon in advance do we notify the court in Florida? Since marrige licenses are only valid for a certain number of days, do we wait exactly 2 months before our wedding (Dec. 2003) to send off for it, or can we get it sooner? The last thing we want is for the license to arrive late!!

BTW, we are aware of the $180 fee....

Thanks,
Diznee25
WDW Christmas Bride 2003

Here is some very useful info I just received.

FLORIDA MARRIAGE LICENSE REQUIREMENTS

If you have been previously married please provide a copy of your official marriage license. This license can be faxed to Your Disney’s Fairy Tale Wedding Coordinator in advance of your arrival in Orlando at 407-566-2915, or it must be presented to the On-site Coordinator prior to the Wedding Ceremony. Couples wishing to be married must obtain a marriage license at any County Courthouse in the State of Florida for use anywhere in the State of Florida. Hours for the Osceola County Courthouse and Orange County Courthouse are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, excluding U.S. holidays. Blood tests are not required. Proper identification is necessary, such as a driver's license, certified copy of birth certificate, or passport. If a previous marriage ended in divorce within the past twelve-(12) months outside of the State of Florida, a copy of the divorce decree is required prior to the Wedding Ceremony. The cost of the marriage license is $88.50 (subject to change without notice), payable by cash or money order.

There is no waiting period for out of state residents (a 3 day waiting period is necessary for Florida Residents). The marriage license will be issued at time of application, is valid immediately and must be used within sixty (60) days. (Some Florida Counties require a marriage license to be used within thirty (30) days of issuance.)

PROOF OF A VALID MARRIAGE LICENSE IS REQUIRED PRIOR TO HOSTING YOUR WEDDING CEREMONY OR VOW RENEWAL AT THE WALT DISNEY WORLDâ RESORT. PASSPORTS ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE AS PROOF OF MARRIAGE.

DIRECTIONS

OSCEOLA COUNTY COURTHOUSE
2 Courthouse Square
2nd Floor
Kissimmee, FL
(407) 343-3530
www.osceolaclerk.com

See here:

http://aweddingforyou.com/forminst.htm

We did it through the mail. Obtained our license ahead of time and had it delivered to our wedding coordinator. That was pretty much it. Little costly, but we'd have much rather done that then leave Dis property to go to the courthouse.

-Andrew

For $110 Tiffany Town car picked us up from the airport, took us for the marriage license and then to our hotel (CSR) and we had a return trip to the airport. It didn't take long and it gave me piece of mind know that we had the license in our hands.

Thanks for all the replies everyone!! We can't afford to fly out early just to get our license so we will be mailing off for it next Sept/Oct. Andrew, thanks for the link. It has been very helpful. Hope you and Heather are enjoying married life! :D

Diznee25 (Michelle)
WDW Christmas Bride 2003

Thanks for the info everyone-we're having our Fairytale Wedding in November and we're from NY, so we'll be needing this info!

Happy Holidays,

My wife & I just got married on 10-29 at Sunset Pointe. The only negative comment about getting the license is to not goto the courthouse between 12:30-1:30. This seems to be their lunch hour and only 1 individual is working. It took us 45 minutes with only two other couples waiting with us.
I agree with using Tiffany's Towncar. We use them everytime.

Hope all goes magically,

Jay & Monica Angoff

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter