Marie Osmond and The Haunted Mansion =\

Grim_Grinning_Girl

DIS Veteran
Well, I like it, I think it's cute. :) $55 is pricey for a doll IMO but it's cute.

The doll is cute and to me doesn't look too much like her, it just looks like a cute doll.

I love her Tink doll, I think that one is adorable!!!! I wanted to order it when it was first released but I didn't......I don't think a doll like that would last too long in our house. :) lol

Its actually the second HM doll. Marie has TONS of Disney dolls and comes out with one a year. This year she chose HM because of the anniversary. Also I dont think you should judge anyone like that, just because shes wholesome or whatever reason doesn't mean she cant appreciate the Haunted Mansion. I love Marie Osmond and her dolls Ive met her several times and you couldn't meet a nicer person.

Its actually the second HM doll. Marie has TONS of Disney dolls and comes out with one a year. This year she chose HM because of the anniversary. Also I dont think you should judge anyone like that, just because shes wholesome or whatever reason doesn't mean she cant appreciate the Haunted Mansion. I love Marie Osmond and her dolls Ive met her several times and you couldn't meet a nicer person.

No you're right, I should have worded things differently. I'm more opposed to the idea of Disney creating anything and everything just to earn a profit. I collect Pez dispensers but haven't been an active collector in a very long. Pez started coming out with dispensers of every animated movie and big blockbuster hit. Yes Pez have always been of popular characters, but over the recent years they have really gotten out of control and have really sold out.

Tough to associate Marie Osmond with the Haunted Mansion so it did seem like a profiting tactic, but if she has worked with Disney in the past then it would make sense for Disney to have approached her to design something for the 40th.

I have to say I think many of her dolls look really creepy! It's something about the eyes. This HM doll however is ironically less scary then some of the non-HM dolls :rotfl:

Saying that I know that her Disney collection has been VERY popular which is why I guess they had her do a second HM doll.

How cute! They usually sell her Disney dolls at the parks. I think they're all pretty cute!

Tough to associate Marie Osmond with the Haunted Mansion so it did seem like a profiting tactic, but if she has worked with Disney in the past then it would make sense for Disney to have approached her to design something for the 40th.

The Osmonds actually got their start at Disneyland. They performed on the stage by the Carnation Cafe. That was in the early 60's. At that time it was just the 4 older performing brothers.

The Osmonds are like Steve Martin and other performers who were just kids when they got their break at Disney. Over the years there have been ongoing connections with Disney, so the connection to Marie and her dolls really isn't anything new...the ties go back almost 50 years!

Does anyone know if there are going to be more of the Marie Osmond Disney Adora Bitty Belle dolls released? I know that there are currently three of these dolls (Disney Tour Guide, Gondolier, and Haunted Mansion).

Well she just came out with a line of 55th anniversary princesses and I think there's a bitty bell for the new Alice movie but other wise I haven't heard anything. http://www.charismabrands.com/Marie_Osmond.aspx If you subscribe here you get news letters with new doll releases. Also if you sign up on the Disney web site (I forget where sorry) they usually announce when she has a new disney doll :-)

While I am not a doll collector, I love her Disney Tiny Tots line she did for Disney. I bought the Cinderella Tiny Tot at DL back in 05. It was one of the last ones they had. The Tinkerbelle Tiny Tot was also a favorite, but they sold out before I could get it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter