Margaritaville - Falmouth

pezgirlroy

DIS Veteran
Hello all, quick question, we will be on the Fantasy at the end of April heading to Falmouth. We do not have any excursions booked that day. We were thinking about just heading to Margaritaville for a bit that day. Any idea on how crowded it can get? Thoughts on best time to get there. Thanks as always.

We did that a couple of years ago. It did not feel too crowded as the pool is very large. We enjoyed our stay there. There was a swim up bar, a margarita glass hot tub and the pool had a near grotto. There were some activities by the restaurant area as well for the kids.

We did that a couple of years ago. It did not feel too crowded as the pool is very large. We enjoyed our stay there. There was a swim up bar, a margarita glass hot tub and the pool had a near grotto. There were some activities by the restaurant area as well for the kids.
Perfect. Thank you. Figure it will be a nice break for a little bit and then get back on board.

Is there an entrance fee? Thinking about doing this in July...any details greatly appreciated.

Was just there last week!!! No entrance fee. We did not use the pool but just went for drinks and sat near the pool. We were there at 11:00 am and most of the pool chairs were taken already. The pool is beautiful. I will post a pic when I can. We stayed about an hour and people kept coming in the whole time so I think it will get crowded. If we had our grandkids with us we definitely would have done that in Falmouth. This was an adult trip so we just went for the drinks LOL!!

MJ

Was just there last week!!! No entrance fee. We did not use the pool but just went for drinks and sat near the pool. We were there at 11:00 am and most of the pool chairs were taken already. The pool is beautiful. I will post a pic when I can. We stayed about an hour and people kept coming in the whole time so I think it will get crowded. If we had our grandkids with us we definitely would have done that in Falmouth. This was an adult trip so we just went for the drinks LOL!!

MJ
This is very helpful. Thanks. We were thinking of heading over around 10 or so. Get a drink, let the kids swim for a bit, get lunch and then head back on board.

Funny, was there last year and didn't even notice (or hear) about Margaritaville as we had such an awful time at the Disney excursion for zip lining and tubing. I was at the Starbucks afterwards - is it right at the Port in Falmouth?

Funny, was there last year and didn't even notice (or hear) about Margaritaville as we had such an awful time at the Disney excursion for zip lining and tubing. I was at the Starbucks afterwards - is it right at the Port in Falmouth?

Yep, right in the plaza on the right side. This was a really nice Margaritaville. We were in the Margaritaville the day before in Grand Cayman (right across from the tender dock) and it was showing its age and the pool was small compared to the one in Falmouth.

MJ

Is Disney the only cruiseline that docks in Falmouth? I thought I had read they were, but it was many years ago.

When we were there, the Fantasy was the only ship docked at Falmouth and the place was practically deserted. It's a great pool and we had a great time.

Is Disney the only cruiseline that docks in Falmouth? I thought I had read they were, but it was many years ago.

The Oasis of the Seas was originally scheduled to be there while we were last April, but then a crane fell on it while she was in dry dock and the sailing was canceled.

We went in April 2017. The pool was not crowded----didn't seem too clean---kinda cloudy looking. My daughter swam for a bit, we laid by the pool for about an hour and left. The hot tub was cool looking, but the water definitely wasn't hot!!! It was very cold! We did have a RC ship in port with us.

Hello all, quick question, we will be on the Fantasy at the end of April heading to Falmouth. We do not have any excursions booked that day. We were thinking about just heading to Margaritaville for a bit that day. Any idea on how crowded it can get? Thoughts on best time to get there. Thanks as always.

We did a day here a couple of years ago. We got there relatively early (AM). It did fill up, but people were spread out over the entire Margaritaville area. Our kids loved the pool.

There is also WiFi there, and it was funny to see about a dozen people (mostly men) hanging around the outside of it looking at their phones. ( We didnt go in, but we did stand outside it, just like others and made a WiFi call.

Here is a pic of the port map...we were the only ship in on that day (Wednesday) and a pic of the jerk chicken vendor next to Margaritaville.

When we were on the Fantasy last April we stopped by Margaritaville. We were the only ship in port that day.

I hated the drinks (Too sweet and sugary for my taste) and the people were kinda pushy but the scenery was really nice and its a good place to hang out to get off the ship for a little while. The pool area is beautiful as the pictures show above.

I was surprised by how empty it was and asked our server. On days with only 1 ship in port, its a ghost town at the restaurant/pool area and this was very evident. When there are two ships, its a whole different story so be prepared to go early if there is another ship next door in order to get a decent seat. She also mentioned that they often dislike when Disney Ships are in port because they have far less foot traffic than other cruise lines. (I'm sure that this is due to the amount of people going on excursions, etc.) The days that there are two Royal Ships or an Oasis Class ship in port are their best days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter