Mardi Gras Dessert Party. Worth doing?

Does anyone know if there is still a dessert party/special viewing for Cinematic Spactacular, or was this only during Mardi Gras?

Whether or not it is worth doing on parade nights is debatable. I don't think it is remotely worth the price just for the Cinematic Spectacular.

Did you end up doing the dessert party? We were actually on a parade float for the last night.
Yes, we did. I'm so glad we did because, knowing my family, we probably would have skipped the parade otherwise (just not our thing, usually). The kids loved it! The price wasn't terrible compared to Disney $178.87 for 2 adults, 1 tween, 2 kids.
My DH exclaimed "that was better than I thought!" Lol

I am scheming for a Feb trip next year, and this time we are already passholder so maybe we can be on a float!

I am not able to find a dessert party during non-event nights - I believe the dessert party for Cinematic Celebration only happens during Mardi Gras (and possibly during Christmas time?).
This past Christmas there was a dessert party week between Christmas and New years - definitely worth the money at that time (and price)-reasonable and NOT crowded-especially compared to Disney's (have done both-same time frames).

Yes, we did. I'm so glad we did because, knowing my family, we probably would have skipped the parade otherwise (just not our thing, usually). The kids loved it! The price wasn't terrible compared to Disney $178.87 for 2 adults, 1 tween, 2 kids.
My DH exclaimed "that was better than I thought!" Lol

I am scheming for a Feb trip next year, and this time we are already passholder so maybe we can be on a float!

Awesome. We ended up riding floats twice so we never watched the parade from the street. If we had, I definitely would have done the dessert party based on the feedback here. From where we were standing, the dessert party area seemed like the least crazy place to be.

If you get a chance to be on a float, definitely do it. We had a blast.

Did you end up doing the dessert party? We were actually on a parade float for the last night.
I do have to add that buying the discounted tickets ended up being a pain, but I think it saved us around $50. I visited guest services at USF and had to wait (they only had two people working), then they rang me up and I tried to use my room charge. Well, they have a new system and room charge doesn't work, but it seemed like it did, so the whole transaction had to be voided (supervisor had to come over). Then we had to do the transaction over again with my credit card.

Anyhow, between express pass and the dessert party, the only things we ever waited for were paying for things (guest services, food, hotel bill with gift cards was a PAIN)

I do have to add that buying the discounted tickets ended up being a pain, but I think it saved us around $50. I visited guest services at USF and had to wait (they only had two people working), then they rang me up and I tried to use my room charge. Well, they have a new system and room charge doesn't work, but it seemed like it did, so the whole transaction had to be voided (supervisor had to come over). Then we had to do the transaction over again with my credit card.

Anyhow, between express pass and the dessert party, the only things we ever waited for were paying for things (guest services, food, hotel bill with gift cards was a PAIN)

We were in the same boat with regards to lines. Off the top of my head, I don't remember waiting in any lines over 10 minutes for anything. The longest lines I would have encountered would have been for lunch, but we did mobile orders there and got our food right away. More often than not, if we encountered a delay it was because of other guests who hadn't done any research before going on vacation.

They do sometimes have problems with some of their complicated systems. I remember a few years ago a girl rang up the kid's dining plan wrong and it took 10-15 minutes for a manager to sort it out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter