Mardi Gras 2023 Concerts

joshua4

DIS Veteran
I looked through old posts but I can't seem to figure out when Universal usually releases the Mardi Gras concert schedule. I know we don't have a crystal ball but does anyone know when those are typically released? Seems that with the Feb 4 start date approaching fast, they would release soon. Thanks in advance for your insights.

as late as possible lol. I love Universal, but this drives me nuts every year. Usually mid/late Jan - just after the deadline to request time off has passed.:rolleyes:
Well that's no fun. I guess we will sit around and try to patient. Assuming that they hold off on announcing any food discount programs until then as well. Sigh.

as late as possible lol. I love Universal, but this drives me nuts every year. Usually mid/late Jan - just after the deadline to request time off has passed.:rolleyes:
Yeah - its always a big frustration with them- nothing more annoying than booking and setting it all up and then missing the one concert you would want to see . And its almost impossible to switch things up by the time you get the list.

Just came here to share my frustration with how long they wait to release event details. We are traveling in a few weeks and the block out dates are inconsistent with the concert dates. When I asked for clarification, I was told just to wait for the lineup announcement...but they can't tell me when that will be.

It's rough when you're Type A, lol.

Just came here to share my frustration with how long they wait to release event details. We are traveling in a few weeks and the block out dates are inconsistent with the concert dates. When I asked for clarification, I was told just to wait for the lineup announcement...but they can't tell me when that will be.

It's rough when you're Type A, lol.
If it helps any, the Mardi Gras concerts have always been on weekends. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. The seasonal AP blockout of March 11-18 is probably because it is a busy spring break week. Or are you talking about the promo tickets?

looked through old posts but I can't seem to figure out when Universal usually releases the Mardi Gras concert schedule.
Soon

I’ve noted from 1/10 to 1/19 in the past.

Sometimes, not a full schedule on the announcement day…empty dates are often filled in later as contracts are signed.

If it helps any, the Mardi Gras concerts have always been on weekends. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. The seasonal AP blockout of March 11-18 is probably because it is a busy spring break week. Or are you talking about the promo tickets?
Yeah we are headed there in February. I just want to know if I should plan to be blocked from USF on both Saturday and Sunday. Block out calendar says both days, concert calendar says only Saturday. We'll find out eventually!

Yeah we are headed there in February. I just want to know if I should plan to be blocked from USF on both Saturday and Sunday. Block out calendar says both days, concert calendar says only Saturday. We'll find out eventually!
Usually from what I've seen the past 4-5 years (but no guarantees it'll be the same) early feb only sees concerts on Sat, since it's a bit slower time. But President's day wknd and most of march/april (spring break window) often hosts concerts both Sat and Sun

Usually from what I've seen the past 4-5 years (but no guarantees it'll be the same) early feb only sees concerts on Sat, since it's a bit slower time. But President's day wknd and most of march/april (spring break window) often hosts concerts both Sat and Sun
Yeah, that's what I thought as well (and what's currently on their AP website). But when you look at the block out calendar for seasonal passes, every Saturday and Sunday in February and March is blocked out. It's weird. Guess we'll find out!

Reactions: shh
Yeah, that's what I thought as well (and what's currently on their AP website). But when you look at the block out calendar for seasonal passes, every Saturday and Sunday in February and March is blocked out. It's weird. Guess we'll find out!

Yikes! I hope they are not block on Sunday's in February... I bought the Mardi Gras parade float dinner package for Sunday 2/12 based on the website dates. After reading your post and looking at the App, you are right they are showing 2/12 blocked :(.

Can someone explain what is the Mardes Gras all about. We are 1st timers going March 11-13.
And is this float dinner package worth it?
Thanks

Can someone explain what is the Mardes Gras all about. We are 1st timers going March 11-13.
Thanks
Take this with a shaker of salt because I'm a newbie as well, but my understanding is that it's similar in nature to Disney festivals like Festival of the Arts where there's extra food options available for purchase, special live entertainment, and the Mardi gras parade.

Is the float package worth it? ehhhh I think it depends on your personal goals. I looked at it but we're a family of 4 so it would cost us about $300 for a meal and the privilege of giving up 3+ hours of time to be on a parade float and throw beads at people. For me - not worth it. For a couple who've already been to universal a few times? Yeah, I could see how it would be fun.

But President's day wknd and most of march/april (spring break window) often hosts concerts both Sat and Sun
This year’s spring break crowd pattern may very well be distinctly different with Easter being so late in April. :scratchin

Was shopping a trip various weekends March, quite surprised to see availability still and prices (somewhat) in line with regular rates for the onsite hotels on weekends.

from what I gather, many of the schools tweaked their school calendars and have moved their spring breaks to the week prior to Easter this year. :confused3

Thanks
Last year's Mardi Gras was a lot of fun. There were nightly parades, quite a lot of food booths scattered around the park, and the tribute store. (we weren't there during any concerts, but they were happening.) We enjoyed the food booths a lot, (although I found them pricier than Epcot festival offerings.) Lots of variety though, and a great addition to the regular food places. I grew up in So Louisiana, and Mardi Gras was a huge part of my childhood, and I've always dreamed of riding a float in a parade. last year, there were a few openings for APs holders on our days there, but when it came down to it, I didn't want to make the time commitment. BUT it sure looked like a ton of fun, and the vloggers who did it had a blast. I'm pretty sure there are some threads on here that discuss the experiences on being a float rider.
Hope y'all have a fabulous trip!!

The list is out!!

325900013_1224656961596408_6505173103717592001_n.jpg

I wonder how the concerts affect IOA, since they are at US?

Does the crowd migrate to US for the concerts? or is it just more crowded overall.

Meh. We're gonna be there Feb 12-18, and Im really not bummed to be missing any of these. Oh well.
Was considering a bonus trip to include one of the concerts. Since I’ve only have heard of half these acts, takes off the pressure trying to work them in at least lol.

For the rest of you, enjoy! ;)

Wow some great concerts. 3 doors down is so good. Wish I was going for that one. I will be there for Goo Goo Dolls, Is the concert free? How do I find more information about it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter