Marching for Equality!!-WE WON!!!! Update pg 1

rosiep

<font color=deeppink>I don't drink, I try to conve
Zena and I are marching this evening! It's cold outside so will someone have some peppermint hot chocolate waiting for me when we're done?????

About the Rally to Defend Equality:
On December 28th, a federal judge issued a temporary restraining order
which postponed Oregon's Domestic Partnership law from going into
effect on January 2, 2008 as scheduled. Supporters of equality from
across the state will be gathering at Terry Shrunk Plaza on the
evening of January 30th to channel their frustration, anger, and
outrage into positive action

UPDATE: Dear Rosalie,

Two days ago, more than 2,000 of you stood with me in the rain on a chilly Portland night. Thousands more of you were there with us in spirit. Together we raised our voices and we shouted and we chanted and we vowed to do whatever it takes to get Oregon's domestic partnership law back on track.
Today, thanks to you, that's exactly what we did.

Today, Judge Mosman agreed with us that the case brought by out-of-state, anti-gay interests was invalid, and he lifted his earlier order preventing our domestic partnership law from taking effect.

As of 4:25 this afternoon, domestic partnerships are the law of the land in Oregon. Come Monday morning, in all 36 counties of our beautiful state, caring, committed couples can obtain the legal recognition they need to take care of one another.

I am so proud to stand with you all in this movement for equality.

Here's hoping for a GREAT turn-out!!!

((((((((((((((...sending virtual peppermint cocoa vibes))))))))))))))))))))))

It is FRICKIN cold here today too -- also a pretty good lil snowstorm's kickin up out there.

:stir:<---fiendishly making the peppermint hot cocoa for ya...:drinking1 Lots of luck and keep each other warm out there!!! It's been almost a year since they passed the civil union law in NJ and we still haven't gotten around to it...(still waiting for DP to make an honest woman out of me! :lmao: :rotfl2: ) I hope the cold doesn't keep people from turning out for you guys!

Thank you! I didn't realize they even had DP stuff in the works, let alone stalled. I guess I am a bad lesbian, when it comes to politics. Special interest politics has never been a big focus for me. I try to focus on the big picture, while hoping that others will be doing the same and that we all, eventually, will benefit.

Thank you everyone...it was a great turnout considering especially considering the cold, rainy weather. I just cannot believe the gall of someone out-of-state (the Allied Defense Fund) challenging an Oregonian voter passed initiative for domestic partnership!!!

BTW I actually did head straight for hot chocolate after the rally, and now at 8 pm, it's time for some din-din.

:hippie: :hippie:

And this Rosie, is what makes you TCSPE! :cool1:

(The Coolest Striaight Person Ever!)
:banana:

I just cannot believe the gall of someone out-of-state (the Allied Defense Fund) challenging an Oregonian voter passed initiative for domestic partnership!!!

:hippie: :hippie:
:mad: to the above!

Glad to hear you had a great turnout.........what a great thing to march for.......stay warm and hope you enjoyed your cocoa!

Thank you, and everyone that marched. <3 Community is powerful.

Bumping!

I'm just so thrilled!!! Of course the opposition will appeal the ruling..but it's a great omen of things to come!!!

Golly -- I so miss the Northwest where this kinda action :thumbsup2 and result is possible. That IS great news! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Wonderful Wonderful news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Ah, Rosie what a wonderful thing. How far distant from Florida that is proposing to put an anti gay marriage ban on the ballot. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter