Marching Band Music Question

nickjonasobsessed

Mouseketeer
In your marching band, what music did you play? One year on the field we had a secret agent theme. We played Secret Agent Man, Soul Bossa Nova, and 007 Theme. The flagline had special hats and batons to go with the theme, along with a cool looking band shirt that had a James Bond feel to it and said, Band, Tiger Band. That was my favorite year so far. This year, we recently got a new band director. The other one moved away. We didn't have much time to pick out a theme, so we picked random music from the pile we had. It included Louie Louie, Land of a 1000 Dances, and a special percussion feature he'd put together.

And then up in the stands, we play a variety of stuff from Papparazzi, Eye of the Tiger, Seven Nation Army, Smooth Criminal, and obviously the fight song. I have also loved this year as well.

well this year, my marching band had a "cloud nine" theme. we played Blue Shades, Both Sides Now, and Apollo Unleashed. it was an ok show but nobody knew the songs :P.
in the stands we played land of a 1000 dances, King Tut, Low Rider, the Horse, give up the funk, and One. we had alot of fun with our stand music lol. u guys are lucky u got to play smooth criminal! that sounds like it would be cool.

Chicago - All of their most famous songs
80's Themed - Including Madonna and Elton John
Disney - Yes! One of my favorite years!

Omg it was so long ago! I'm blanking out!! haha.

Just joined this year. We had a Prince theme... or is it The Artist Formally Known as Prince?

on Friday we play at Disney and we are going to play Magical Mystery Tour by the Beatles

this year "the greats" - magical mystery tour(Beatles) fly me to the moon(frank Sinatra) a mix of Elvis( one being suspicious minds(and we had a singer on the field))
last year "aerosmith"- don't wanna miss a thing, rag doll, love in an elevator, walk this way
2 years ago " Earth Wind and Fire"- getaway, September, lets groove tonight, fantasy

im a sophmore that plays trumpet...i only have two more shows:sad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter