March Trip Thread

Enjoy your week! We were on that site once and loved how close we were to everything.

We made it into our spot! Got the text right around 10ish and it was spot 117 which is one I wanted so we didn't see if we could switch, we just took it. I love this location! We are right across from the walkway to the marina.

Was only sprinkling when we got the text so we hurried on down to the loop and of course just as soon we start backing into our spot the sky opened up lol. Figures. But anyway we are all set up now and dd wants to go the playground and then we'll hit the camp store and waste time until our dinner at wilderness lodge. We have storybook dining at artist point this evening. Nobody in the family felt like going to Disney springs. Probably best to let them relax anyway, we have a busy week ahead of us!

View attachment 653746View attachment 653747View attachment 653748
How did you get to Wilderness Lodge for your dinner, did you just drive yourselves or take the internal bus sytem? We are going next month and the 7 of us won't fit into our Equinox. Maybe by the end of April the boat to WL will be running again (I can hope can't I) :D

I was disappointed in the boats still not running, I'd hoped they would be again before our trip. We drove to the lodge, it's just 4 of us in our jeep Cherokee. Going to drive to epcot tomorrow too. Trying to avoid busses as much as possible this week.

There is a bus that runs to WL from FW regularly also.

Normally it's the Fort internal bus Yellow Line that runs down Big Pine Trail (1400-1900, 100-500) loops on the tennis court/pool side of the Meadow Complex. It comes down to the Settlement Bus Depot near Bay Lake as Yellow then flips its destination sign to WL and loads passengers at the Settlement for WL. It runs down there, flips its destination sign back to FW, then runs back up to the Settlement Bus Depot again. It flips its destination sign to Yellow and then run up to the Outpost.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

So there is no boat to WL but there is no requirement to drive either. Yellow will get you to WL (eventually) and back again. As FYI.

Bama Ed

PS - love the pix, Ruthie!

Well it's spring break in my little ol' college town and so all the local school systems follow suit. It's dead here this week so I guess they're all down where you are.

Given the pent up demand for folks who have maybe hung closer to home over spring break the last two years, there is probably a lot of fulfilling WDW and trips that had been previously deferred.

Looking at the weather for Orlando, it looks like it might be warm and wet for you the rest of the week.

Have fun!

Bama Ed

It surprises me that disney is bothering capping attendance when they've capped it so high. The walkways are impossible to navigate, even the wide ones at Epcot. There a lot of bad attitudes going around. I saw two women get in a fight at epcot cause one lady stepped in front of the other ladies scooter and the scooter lady threatened to ram her if she did it again. I saw a dad shaking a toddler and yelling at her at Hollywood studios, I've no idea what "offense" that toddler could have possibly committed but there's nothing that could have deserved that. There's been families arguing left and right and my own teen has commented that this hasn't been very fun cause it's been too stressful.

We bought genie plus and have been getting the individual lightening lane and the system sucks. The app is super glitchy and frustrating, I've missed out on good LL cause the app shut down on me. I saw some poor family at MK get the bad news that they did not understand what they had purchased. They bought genie plus thinking they could use all the LL lines and didn't realize they had to schedule ride times. The were very upset, I can see how someone would make that mistake considering that's how those things work at other theme parks. Little laughable they thought it would work that way for 15 bucks though.

Campgrounds been good. Went to Trails End Monday night to pick up the bday cake that I'd ordered from the pastry chef at Contemporary. They didn't have the cake. I was so upset. I stayed polite but I'm sure they could tell how upset I was, my eyes teared up, I get overly emotional when I'm tired and I've been up at 7 am every day to book the stupid LL regardless of how late we've been out the night before so I'm exhausted.

The manager was extremely apologetic when they couldn't find it and offered the mickey dome cake for free as a replacement. I took it so we'd have something to put her candle on and I thanked him. He took my info and said he'd check into the missing cake.

20220314_213044_copy_3468x4624.jpg

About an hour later he called to tell me that it was the campgrounds fault, the team that was supposed to pick the cake up from contemporary that morning failed to do so. They were on their way over there right then (at 9:30 at night) to pick it up. About an hour after that the chef from trails end showed up at my camper with my cake! They gave us that for free also to make up for the inconvenience which I though was very nice of them.

So it all worked out and I ended up with two cakes lol

The custom cake was super cute and my dd loved it
20220315_075120_copy_2983x2914.jpg

I’m glad they discovered the mistake, accepted responsibility and did the best they could to make up for it, including getting the cake picked up and delivered. Looks good! Glad she was happy 🙂

So it all worked out and I ended up with two cakes lol
Sounds like they did a nice job on service recovery. Glad to hear that part of the old Disney is back. Lots of examples in the last year where that wasn't the case.

Sounds like you are having a good time. I agree on G+. We bought it twice in 2 weeks in January when it wasn't very busy and it was almost useless both days. Popular rides booked up quick. If you didn't get one at 7am, by 2 hours after park opening for a 2nd, everything popular was gone. I can't imagine how fast it goes when the parks are packed.

j

That was very nice of them to admit to their mistake & did not let you pay for their mistake. Happy Birthday to Abby & many more!! Both cakes looks delicious!

We're home from our trip. The fort was hopping! The food truck area, beach, and playground seemed quite busy each night. Cast members at the campground were all friendly and sites and roads seemed clean and orderly.

The parks were super crowded and walkways were difficult to navigate with the usual mix of slow walkers, people weaving in and out, and whole families stopped dead in the middle of the path. The other guests were the usual mix of extremely rude and extremely polite people with running into a bit of each category each day. Everything had long lines even the bathrooms- about 8 times out of 10 going into a bathroom we'd have to wait for an open stall (only in the women's of course, though my dh did also have a line a couple times).

The cast members at the rides all seemed like they were in foul moods and weren't very friendly. A little magic has been lost there. The food service workers we had were all extremely friendly and nice, but service was very slow. They seemed like they were working hard and trying their best, but just had too many tables or not enough staff in the kitchen or combo of both. The slow service did not seem to be a case of them not trying so we still tipped well. But if you are going soon plan extra time for any sit down meals and also for mobile orders and fast food pickup cause those were very slow too.

Overall, it was a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter