March Trip Thread

Less than three weeks for our brief parks trip. We spent the weekend camping at Highlands Hammock State Park in Sebring and LOVED it. The Florida State Parks are a gem - this one has a museum dedicated to the Civilian Conservation Corps and a series of wonderful trails through several Florida landscapes. The campground is crowded but we had a great site.

I'm ready to visit the parks with my 4 year old. He's been before, but he is at such a great age and is so excited for this trip. We are thinking of doing mini golf on Friday night and a water park Sunday on the way out. For now, we have 3 day + water park tickets, but since I don't want the kids to miss school too much, I'm splitting it into 3 visits.

Less than three weeks for our brief parks trip. We spent the weekend camping at Highlands Hammock State Park in Sebring and LOVED it. The Florida State Parks are a gem - this one has a museum dedicated to the Civilian Conservation Corps and a series of wonderful trails through several Florida landscapes. The campground is crowded but we had a great site.

I'm ready to visit the parks with my 4 year old. He's been before, but he is at such a great age and is so excited for this trip. We are thinking of doing mini golf on Friday night and a water park Sunday on the way out. For now, we have 3 day + water park tickets, but since I don't want the kids to miss school too much, I'm splitting it into 3 visits.

That is cool that they have a CCC museum there. We have one up here in PA at a State Park. Also have had CCC reunions, and these guys were amazing, even in their 90's. They did so much and so little of it remains.

Love HHSP, that was our first camping trip when we bought our first travel trailer. Love all the hiking trails and boardwalks.

We will be there the week of March 20th. Taking the kids as their 6th birthday present. It will be our twins' first real camping trip (we don't count the backyard practice camping)! We haven't camped since 2007 BC (Before Children). We are so looking forward to the changes there since our last FW stay and introducing our kids to one of our favorite places. They are so excited!

Successfully navigated our way from Houston to Destin. First run with TPMS sensors on the rig. My 80lb cold rated Maxxis tires run at around 88-90 hot. Found that interesting. Kids are loving the beach, though the water is a cold - real cold. Leaving early in the morning for the Fort. Should arrive around noon.

IMG_0206-2.jpg

IMG_0203-1.jpg

On to the March trip thread... We shall live through the March peoples! Remember Snowmedic is the gold standard of trip reports! LOL j/k everyone. Remember all the Disboarders in the Northeast and Mid West are looking forward to your quick posts of daily adventures at the Fort and happenings of WDW. Don't let us down as the cold and snow have decided to show up like 10 days before Spring!

One week to go. Got the cart and trailer washed today after a nice run in the boat this morning. Got a slight sun burn, so for those heading this way, don't forget the sunscreen. The weather is so nice, warm with a breeze, that you forget how brutal the sun can be.

We are joining the party from March 19-22! Staying in Preferred Loop. Looking forward to a fun time! Most of the people coming with me have never been camping... I am breaking them in right! We are also bringing our special needs daughter so a new adventure all the way around for everyone!

Just looked at the extended forecast for Orlando, hope everyone that is there or going to be there over the next several days stays warm.

Don't forget to post when you can, only been home 17 hrs. and miss the magic of Disney already.

Smiling boxes make me happy. :teeth: . New camping stove just got delivered to the office. This is going to be a longgggggg week at work.
View attachment 225173

The last week is usually the hardest to get though. It could be worse. Looking outside and seeing snow like us in the Northeast wondering when our clocks will be in single digital range.

Well, guess I need to make some changes to my packing list. Looks like jeans and jackets are back. Not complaining, would rather have it cool than sweating to death, especially since we are doing the parks.

Successfully navigated our way from Houston to Destin. First run with TPMS sensors on the rig. My 80lb cold rated Maxxis tires run at around 88-90 hot. Found that interesting. Kids are loving the beach, though the water is a cold - real cold. Leaving early in the morning for the Fort. Should arrive around noon.

View attachment 224580

View attachment 224581

We are leaving for Destin next Thursday afternoon. Will be there Friday and Saturday before heading to the Fort. Cold water in Destin.. guess I will let the kiddo jump in the water without me!! : )

Left FW Wednesday morning, March 15 at 7:30am and arrived home just before midnight on Thursday, March 16. We were lucky that both the weather and traffic cooperated. This trip was different in that we enjoyed having our DD22 spend a week with us. Each day that she was here we visited a park, she had a six day, one park/day pass. DH and I have annual passes so it was different not to spend time in different parks on the same day.
Fortunately, the parks were not as busy during the time she was with us and she was able to experience all the attractions that she wanted. We were up early each morning and were aided by the early delivery truck that restocks the Meadow Trading Post (our only complaint with Site 1001). Our only Disney dining was at Tusker House for which we purchased the Rivers of Light package. I highly recommend the show.
Next year we have only two trips planned to WDW, one in October and the other in January. In the meantime I will have to get my Disney fix through trip reports from fellow Disers.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg After we got settled in, we made a quick dinner then took the boat to the MK. It was crazy busy, but we had fast passes so it wasn't too bad. Rode Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain and SDMT. Had an ice cream sundaes then went to ride the People Mover, which we did get to do. Was not waiting in line for that. You know it's busy when there is a line for the People Mover. Even though we have annual passes there is always something I haven't seen. First time I have been by the Tangle restroom area at night. The sky lanterns are really neat. Stayed and watched Wishes and then headed back to camp.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter