March Park Hours Updates

True, but it means that boarding groups are likely to stay for a long time, which not everyone will be happy about.

As someone going in April at this point I am hoping boarding groups stay for now. I have a plan for that. I have a backup plan it they drop BG and go to FP but not exactly sure how that will work out.

wonder if they would ever do both. FP and BG for standby?

That's my personal hunch on what I suspect happens at some point, for whatever that is worth (which isn't worth much, just a guess on my part).

As someone going in April at this point I am hoping boarding groups stay for now. I have a plan for that. I have a backup plan it they drop BG and go to FP but not exactly sure how that will work out.

Oh! I LOVE that idea!! FP AND BG for standby. Brilliant!!

I'm not sure. I too think BG are good idea. However, not everyone can rally their crew to be there at rope drop. Some people have kids, and cannot make it work. Some people have medical issues that are a barrier (and may not even qualify for a DAS). Sometimes resort transportation buses breakdown, there are issues in the parking garages, or security has an issue that holds everybody up.
Some of these things are completely out of peoples control and no amount of planning and getting up early and doing their best can prevent random disaster from striking. And simply, the boarding group option doesn't work for everyone. FP+ pretty much works for everyone, which is part of the appeal.

Though I am "team Boarding Groups" I can see and empathize with both ends of the spectrum.

why MK tues 17th till 11 pm? we wanna go but im worried why its open too late, maybe too busy?

why MK tues 17th till 11 pm? we wanna go but im worried why its open too late, maybe too busy?
My guess is because it's St. Patrick's Day and a big "party" day. If I had known those hours when I made my plans for that week I *might* have chosen MK for that day. But, I'm going to Epcot with evening EMH until 11:00 and have all my FPs locked in place for the week so I'm not changing stuff now!

I'm not sure. I too think BG are good idea. However, not everyone can rally their crew to be there at rope drop. Some people have kids, and cannot make it work. Some people have medical issues that are a barrier (and may not even qualify for a DAS). Sometimes resort transportation buses breakdown, there are issues in the parking garages, or security has an issue that holds everybody up.
Some of these things are completely out of peoples control and no amount of planning and getting up early and doing their best can prevent random disaster from striking. And simply, the boarding group option doesn't work for everyone. FP+ pretty much works for everyone, which is part of the appeal.

Though I am "team Boarding Groups" I can see and empathize with both ends of the spectrum.

I disagree that FP works for everyone. If you are staying off site or have a short trip some of the top FP can be near impossible to get.

So at this point do we think March hours are locked in? I'm heading there week of 3/22 and right now MK, AK and EP have 9 a.m. opening times (HS is 8 a.m.). It would make sense to move everything to an 8 a.m. open, but between EMH at all three and EMM at MK, I'm not sure they would be able to. Still holding out hope they expand the hours a bit in the next few weeks!

So at this point do we think March hours are locked in? I'm heading there week of 3/22 and right now MK, AK and EP have 9 a.m. opening times (HS is 8 a.m.). It would make sense to move everything to an 8 a.m. open, but between EMH at all three and EMM at MK, I'm not sure they would be able to. Still holding out hope they expand the hours a bit in the next few weeks!

HS opens at 9am on 3/22...at least as it stands now

HS opens at 9am on 3/22...at least as it stands now
You're right - not sure how I missed that. I think because they have no morning events or hours, I was just assuming their opening time would be moved to 8 as it was for February and the first two weeks of March!

(I also probably haven't been looking at that one as much because we've decided to skip HS this time around given the ROTR craziness and staying off-site, meaning no Tier 1 FPs)

I would not assume all of March hours are set yet, especially those towards the end of the month.

Park hours are never locked in, but I am surprised they only changed to 8am for thru 3/14 or 15. I’m hoping they extend since we’re starting the 17th.

Park hours are never locked in, but I am surprised they only changed to 8am for thru 3/14 or 15. I’m hoping they extend since we’re starting the 17th.
Me too! My hope is that they are trying to decide between a 7:00AM or 8:00AM opening the rest of March...at least for HS. I have been watching anxiously for the hours to change. We’ll be there from the 21-26.

The 8am openings have been so difficult, I honestly hope they go back to 7am, even though it's going to be harrrrd to drag everyone out of bed that early! (ETA: then again, to try and fail to get a BG after getting up at 5am would be brutal)

Lol this is me, I can’t decide what’s worse 😂.

I got excited when I saw this thread bumped though! Come on Disney, throw us Marchies a bone.

The 8am openings have been so difficult, I honestly hope they go back to 7am, even though it's going to be harrrrd to drag everyone out of bed that early! (ETA: then again, to try and fail to get a BG after getting up at 5am would be brutal)
I have already been preparing my group that’s there’s NO sleeping in on this trip! We’ve got serious business to accomplish on our Hollywood Studios days. Plus we decided to include AK after our 60 day window opened. Now we got to rope drop if we’re going to ride FOP. We have APs this year, so I normally wouldn’t care that much. But our friends who are coming with us, have never been. So I want them to experience as much as possible!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter