March of the First Order and A Galaxy Far, Far Away?

DrankTheKool-Aid

Earning My Ears
My husband and son are Star Wars fans so I’m trying to work all the SW attractions into our schedule. What is the route for the march? Any recommended locations for viewing and how early do you have to get there? We’ll be there on a predicted CL8 if that makes a difference. Thank you!

For MOTFO position yourself a little bit past the intersection of Hollywood and Sunset.

When the Stormtroopers march up Hollywood Boulevard they will stop in that area and march over to the Guests and "stare them down"-great photo op!:)

Here is the "spot" just past the Hollywood/Sunset intersection.:)

25104785907_fbe7bf18f6_h.jpg

Last edited:
Definitely make a point to see the show from the front of the stage, it's so awesome! BUT after you see the show once that way it is very cool to stand off to the side behind the stage and watch the characters as they exit the stage-no stopping for pictures though!

Yes definitely watch from the intersection of Hollywood and Sunset like in the pic above.

Then for a galaxy far far away just be close to the stage.

Then as an added bonus.. After you've watched the stage show, come back for another showing but this time show up about 10-15 min before the show and go stand toward the left side of the old Great Movie Ride building. This is where the characters come out as they walk toward the stage

Yes definitely watch from the intersection of Hollywood and Sunset like in the pic above.

Then for a galaxy far far away just be close to the stage.

Then as an added bonus.. After you've watched the stage show, come back for another showing but this time show up about 10-15 min before the show and go stand toward the left side of the old Great Movie Ride building. This is where the characters come out as they walk toward the stage
Yeah-lol you said it much better than I did!

Thank you for all the help! HS has been the most challenging day for our family to plan with one child a Star Wars fan and the other a princess fan. Trying to fit in all the shows on their lists and allowing enough time to be to each 30min in advance has been difficult. So we should be okay if we arrive 5min beforehand for each show? Thanks again for the help!

If you don't really care where you sit, I think you can show up to BatB right beforehand. It's a huge theater, and waiting to get in is miserable if it's hot out.
Indy is a different story-- I'd probably plan to be there 15 minutes before, a little earlier if you care where you sit. We've been shut out trying to walk up right before the show starts, but we've also squeezed in standing room only a couple minutes after the show started.
For Frozen... I think 15 minutes ahead is fine too. I've only done it once.
I can't say about Disney Jr or VoLM!

If you don't really care where you sit, I think you can show up to BatB right beforehand. It's a huge theater, and waiting to get in is miserable if it's hot out.
Indy is a different story-- I'd probably plan to be there 15 minutes before, a little earlier if you care where you sit. We've been shut out trying to walk up right before the show starts, but we've also squeezed in standing room only a couple minutes after the show started.
For Frozen... I think 15 minutes ahead is fine too. I've only done it once.
I can't say about Disney Jr or VoLM!

Thank you, that’s good to know! We will likely use a FP for one show (TSMM sounds like it will be closed and our daughter is not quite tall enough for RnR), would you recommend Indy? Are there any shows that typically have availability later in the afternoon for a 4th FP? Thanks again!

Thank you, that’s good to know! We will likely use a FP for one show (TSMM sounds like it will be closed and our daughter is not quite tall enough for RnR), would you recommend Indy? Are there any shows that typically have availability later in the afternoon for a 4th FP? Thanks again!
I guess? lol! Like I said, we don't do all of the shows, but that's the only one we have ever been turned away from at DHS. The Little Mermaid theater is smaller, so that might be an option, but I think it would only matter if it was really busy. Maybe someone else can add some perspective there.
I'm not usually looking for show FP, but I do think you can get a FP for just about any show day of, so you could surely do that. The shows are the FP that I scroll by looking for a ride FP. ;-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter