March Break madness ~crowds, craziness and cocktails! A March '22 PTR! TR link 03/22

Our flight to Orlando leaves at 6:00 and arrives shortly after 9:00. Rather than make our way to Disney at such a late hour, we decided to stay at the Hyatt Regency right at the airport for our first night.

I've always wanted to try staying right there at the Hyatt. Seems like a great way to rest up after a long travel day and wake up in Orlando, without having to pay Disney hotel prices!

Happy New Year Susan!!! Joining in on all your planning. For the first time in a while (well since 2020 at least) we don't know when our next trip will be so gonna have to live vicariously through you.
Glad to have you here, Kari! Happy New Year to you three! So nothing planned?? Any thoughts on finally making it out to DL? That's on my list for next year and I am really hoping to combine it with a trip to Aulani.

I've always wanted to try staying right there at the Hyatt. Seems like a great way to rest up after a long travel day and wake up in Orlando, without having to pay Disney hotel prices!
That was our thought exactly. I have seen a couple of people mention staying there with quite positive reviews. It was $309/n so not inexpensive but not horrible either. Totally worth it for the convenience. :)

Sounds like your trip will provide you with some insight on where to buy your next dvc contract My daughter and her husband stayed at SSR a couple years back and loved it! They really liked walking to DS and eating there plus there is so much fun the be had there too.
Bill has the right idea about the bar and the layover 🤣
We’ve eaten at the Hyatt in MCO before our flight home and it was lovely. I’m always too eager to get checked in at WDW and unpacked after our 9 hour flight to spend the arrival night there but it struck me as a nice hotel

I was able to secure a flight connecting through Montreal. The only catch is that we have a 5 hour layover in Montreal! I told Bill about our layover and all he said was "they have a bar, right??"
:laughing:
I am looking forward to the proximity to Disney Springs as we are only planning on two park days this trip.
Perfect spot, then. :)
Our next resort is just down the way from Saratoga....the original DVC property at Old Key West!
mmmm... Olivia's...

Sounds like your trip will provide you with some insight on where to buy your next dvc contract My daughter and her husband stayed at SSR a couple years back and loved it! They really liked walking to DS and eating there plus there is so much fun the be had there too.
I am so excited to check a new resort off the list! It'll be fun to explore the lounges and restaurants around DS too. :)
Bill has the right idea about the bar and the layover 🤣
Nothing a beverage or two can't cure!
Perfect spot, then. :)
It'll be great to stay in a new area. I tend to stay around the MK so this will be a change. Plus I love boat transport and they have the boats running again from DS to OKW.
mmmm... Olivia's...
Can't wait to try it out!

Following! Those two resorts sound perfect for a resort heavy trip. Especially being so close to the restaurants in Disney Springs. We stayed at OKW one time and it was such a nice resort. The studios are huge. The whole resort is huge but we lucked into a room right near the main area. I really enjoyed using the sauna by the pool too!

Following! Those two resorts sound perfect for a resort heavy trip. Especially being so close to the restaurants in Disney Springs. We stayed at OKW one time and it was such a nice resort. The studios are huge. The whole resort is huge but we lucked into a room right near the main area. I really enjoyed using the sauna by the pool too!
Thanks for joining, Courtney! We are really looking forward to checking out some new restaurants and lounges in Disney Springs. :)

Time to eat!!!

I made ADRs this week and was able to get pretty much everything I wanted. Still no Oga's or Space 220 lounge but will put alerts on those. Plus I got the super exciting news today that Flying Fish will be opening January 27th and available for bookings as of January 20th! So I will be up bright and early next Thursday to book that!

Here's how it looks so far......

Sunday, March 13th ~ brunch at Wine Bar George
Monday, March 14th ~ Nomad Lounge/Flower and Garden food booths
Tuesday, March 15th ~ Dinner at Morimoto Asia
Wednesday, March 16th ~ dinner at Steakhouse 71
Thursday, March 17th ~ lunch at Jaleo. Monorail bar crawl for St Patty's!
Friday, March 18th ~ dinner at Flying Fish!!!!! Drinks before at Abracadbar
Saturday, March 19th ~ brunch at Olivia's

Hello! I'm reading along as well. We're going the week after you, but for our first trip to WDW, it will be far more parks-focused. I'd love to have time to explore the resorts and restaurants too, but... vacation time is limited...
Looking forward to hearing about your trip!

You’ve got a great line up of adrs 👍
I’d love to be at WDW for St Paddy’s Day ☘️
Every year I read about all the specials especially at dtd and think one day I will be there 🤞

Hello! I'm reading along as well. We're going the week after you, but for our first trip to WDW, it will be far more parks-focused. I'd love to have time to explore the resorts and restaurants too, but... vacation time is limited...
Looking forward to hearing about your trip!
Welcome and thanks for joining in! A first trip is always all about the parks and will be so much fun! We own DVC and this will be our 12th trip. Plus this trip is just me and my husband so we tend to go for a much more relaxed touring style.
Good for you!
Just need to work on Space 220 lounge....it looks so cool!
You’ve got a great line up of adrs 👍
I’d love to be at WDW for St Paddy’s Day ☘
Every year I read about all the specials especially at dtd and think one day I will be there 🤞
Thanks Moira, I was really pleased. I wanted Raglan Road for St Patty's but not a chance of that happening. I think the monorail bar crawl will be fun. We will do the Outer Rim at the Contemporary, Trader Sam's at the Poly, Enchanted Rose at the Grand and end the evening at my beloved Geyser Point! You will be there one day for sure. :)

Thanks for posting about your plans! We will be there the last week of March. We are not Canadian but sometimes wish we were! (My brother attended University of Toronto.) Hope you have an amazing trip!!

Glad to have you here, Kari! Happy New Year to you three! So nothing planned?? Any thoughts on finally making it out to DL? That's on my list for next year and I am really hoping to combine it with a trip to Aulani.
DL is definitely on the horizon next. Likely in June but my brother wants to come with us and getting him to commit to dates is a chore. But we are going to see him next weekend so hopefully we will get everything all figured out.

Time to eat!!!
Yeah! My favorite of all the times.

Here's how it looks so far......
Your reservations look amazing. Brunch of wine bar george is a thing of beauty. Don't miss the buratta or the french toast, so good. And so happy to hear Flying Fish is opening up just for you. It's been way to long since it or Jiko has been open and we need them both back. I may or may not have looked at flight prices when I saw Jiko was reopening :rolleyes1

Thanks for posting about your plans! We will be there the last week of March. We are not Canadian but sometimes wish we were! (My brother attended University of Toronto.) Hope you have an amazing trip!!
Glad to have you here! I'll be doing daily plans too...nothing I like better than Disney planning! That's neat that your brother went to U of T. It's a great school! Plus uni costs are much lower here than the US!
DL is definitely on the horizon next. Likely in June but my brother wants to come with us and getting him to commit to dates is a chore. But we are going to see him next weekend so hopefully we will get everything all figured out.
I hope it all works out! I will definitely be picking your brain for DL tips!
Yeah! My favorite of all the times.
Right???
Your reservations look amazing. Brunch of wine bar george is a thing of beauty. Don't miss the buratta or the french toast, so good. And so happy to hear Flying Fish is opening up just for you. It's been way to long since it or Jiko has been open and we need them both back. I may or may not have looked at flight prices when I saw Jiko was reopening :rolleyes1
Thank you so much! We are doing a super chill trip with only 2 park days. I am SO excited for Flying Fish! We are going to make a night of it and head to Jelly Rolls after. Have you ever been there? I am really looking forward to eating at Jiko again too...will have it on the list for August!

Dining looks great! You have a lot of places I want to try on your list...especially Wine Bar George!

We are going to make a night of it and head to Jelly Rolls after. Have you ever been there? I am really looking forward to eating at Jiko again too...will have it on the list for August!
I have been there but it was almost 25 years ago so pretty sure that doesn't count. Jason and I actually went together with a group of friends in college like 10 years before we ever started dating. Funny to think back on it now.

We have an ongoing family joke about Jelly Rolls though. When we were walking past it one day last year we heard some lady comment that she heard their donuts were really good. So now we have to talk about the donuts every time we walk by :rotfl:

Thank you so much! We are doing a super chill trip with only 2 park days.
That sounds perfect. We went for a long weekend in september with only 1 park date and really enjoyed ourselves. So nice not to rush, rush, rush and just chill by the pool

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter