March 4-9 Yacht or Beach Club?

lulu2

DIS Veteran
Price is $75 more a night at YC. 2 adults and 6 year old. Doing all 4 parks, not commando. I cannot decide🤣🤣. BC is standard view while YC is water view. Thoughts?

Depends on how much time you will spend on the balcony. YC will most likely be a full balcony and a water view will most likely have a better view. BC could be a less than wonderful view from a balcony or could be a Juliet balcony. We've stayed at both resorts. Have had a water view at BC and YC and loved the views we had. Our water views were of SAB or of the lake. We stayed at BC once with a standard view. It was a view of the long flat roof-certainly not much to look at but if we stood up we could just see the Boardwalk in the distance. It was fine but do prefer the water view. With a 6 yr old, you might like to spend time on the balcony at night to have some down time while he/she sleeps. Great choice of resorts in either case!

I agree with pp, they are very similar with amenities - the biggest difference is the balconies. Some have full size but some are Juliet balconies that you can only stand on.

Yep, biggest difference is that balcony. BC does seem more kid friendly than YC, to me. We always stay at YC if we have to pick between the two but just because my kid is full grown and we prefer the more adult feel of YC and Mama needs her a balcony to sit out on in the mornings with her coffee.

They’re both fantastic, but a water view at YC plus a full balcony would tip the scales for me. Plus, YC is closer to the sandy kid’s area at SAB (guessing your 6 year old will want to get in the pool), and YC is much calmer and relaxing than BC...but BC is a short walk away if you want to walk around there or go to Cape May.

At either resort, request a room close to the lobby or transportation so that you are closer to the middle of the resort rather than along the far edges...the walk can be long if you’re in the wrong spot!

I am the exception here, I know, but we have preferred our garden and Standard views to our water view rooms. Many 'water' view rooms overlook an ugly flat roof as well as Storm Along Bay. I prefer not to look at either. I certainly object to paying more for that view. IT is true that at the BC many rooms do have a Juliet, standing room only, balcony, though.

IT is a tough decision. I would much rather pay a standard view price and I do love there atmosphere and convenience of the BC to Epcot and the BW. However, the guaranteed full balcony at the YC is a big factor. I guess it depends upon if having a sit down balcony is worth an extra $75 per day.

FWIW, I would probably book the BC and request a full balcony as my only request.

Good luck! Both are lovely resorts!

I would choose the BC because the Marketplace has a bigger range of food options than the YC, which is especially important when traveling with young children. A little less than 50% of the standard view rooms at the BC face the Crescent Lake side of the resort, they are just above the flat roof. The most important difference is the full balcony, which only approximately 50% of the BC rooms have.

Wait what does it mean to do all 4 parks “commando”?!? I can only think of the definition from Friends 😂

I think there’s a ton of personal factors that would influence your decision. How much time will you send in the room/on the balcony? What would you do with the $75/day instead- maybe spend it on a special Disney add-on experience instead?

For me personally, we are rope-droppers and any time that we spend at the hotel is at the pool. I would stay at BC, take the money and put it towards making lightsabers or the caring for giants tour.

I would choose YC. But that’s because it’s a little more quiet in the lobby than BC. Keep in mind a water view at YC could be of the lake and have fireworks view, OR could be of a pool.

Wait what does it mean to do all 4 parks “commando”?!? I can only think of the definition from Friends 😂

I think there’s a ton of personal factors that would influence your decision. How much time will you send in the room/on the balcony? What would you do with the $75/day instead- maybe spend it on a special Disney add-on experience instead?

For me personally, we are rope-droppers and any time that we spend at the hotel is at the pool. I would stay at BC, take the money and put it towards making lightsabers or the caring for giants tour.

Oops, I just meant we will be visiting all 4 parks (1 per day) and NOT commando style. We will most likely do rope drop but with a break every day or just make it a late afternoon and not return to a park.

Thanks for everything to think about:-)

My vote is YC. Having a balcony is important to me. And the standard views at B.C. can be pretty awful.
YC put in a rather nice quick service, but BC has more selection and is only a short walk away.

Yacht Club was refurbished more recently and you know you will have a balcony. We’ve lived both though.

Oops, I just meant we will be visiting all 4 parks (1 per day) and NOT commando style. We will most likely do rope drop but with a break every day or just make it a late afternoon and not return to a park.

Oh sure - NOW you tell me. Wish I knew that last time, but the weather was very warm so...

YC is definitely better! Nicer room, nicer view, and balcony. Also, wood floors as opposed to carpet at Beach Club

So, went in to play around and it seems like BC is no longer available so YC it is!

IMHO, you can't go wrong with either resort. Since the decision was made for you, at least you can't take the blame.

I'd like to invite you to check out the Yacht & Beach Club FAQ thread. Lots of info on the first page of the thread- particularly Post 1, Post 13 (Frequently Asked Questions) and Post 14 (Other Useful Info).

The posters to the thread are very friendly and willing to answer any questions you may have about the resort.

Click on the link in my signature.

Dee

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter