March 3 & 4 USA Varsity Cheer Competition Coming to DL

PrincessKell

<font color=deeppink>Disney Princess Wanna be<br><
Hey all. In ten days we will start our drive from Northern Cal down to Disneyland to get ready for my daughters cheer competition. We are super stoked! Its our first cheer trip, so this will be totally different for us. Very excited for the Jr. Nationals competition, but planning our Disney around cheer will be well...um....different. How do I do that?!?!?! I just add on more days of course! We will be down there from the 29th - 5th! SOOO I am even thinking of getting a one day park pass for us to go on the 29th when we get down there! HA!

Anyone else gonna be down there for the cheer competition? Or just to be there that time?

Hey all. In ten days we will start our drive from Northern Cal down to Disneyland to get ready for my daughters cheer competition. We are super stoked! Its our first cheer trip, so this will be totally different for us. Very excited for the Jr. Nationals competition, but planning our Disney around cheer will be well...um....different. How do I do that?!?!?! I just add on more days of course! We will be down there from the 29th - 5th! SOOO I am even thinking of getting a one day park pass for us to go on the 29th when we get down there! HA!

Anyone else gonna be down there for the cheer competition? Or just to be there that time?

I hope you really enjoy your time! My daughter isn't in cheer but will be competing in the USA Nationals (Varsity brand) Dance Competition which is at the end of March. We are local so DL isn't part of the plan, however I remember reading in the directors packet that there is some special event for the competitors as an extra cost option. You might want to ask around to see if your director chose that option or if there is an option for you. I am not a director but I was able to find a packet on-line last year. I haven't looked this year.

The parks get pretty full on those days so be aware of that. A lot of folks are like you and pack in a Disney trip around the competition and some teams go as an entire team. I think there are discount tickets available to the team in addition to the special event.

Good luck to your daughter!

We'll be there for the competition too! It's our first time going to nationals but we've traveled all over southern california for the competitions.

Our director just emailed us the call sheet for Saturdays competition (we don't compete Sunday)...is she competing Saturday? If so, if you don't mind telling me the team name I can look on the sheet and see what her performance time is (for Saturday only though). My daughters squad goes on at 2:36pm, so my husband will be taking our other 5 kids into the park and meeting me at the front door, so I can do the girls hair and make up. We're going to be there from the 2nd-5th at our timeshare (it's a 3 bedroom with kitchen, laundry, everything...which with 6 kids, I really need that extra room, lol).

Good luck to your daughter and her team!

Ummm, ya, we just booked our last trip on the APs we have for that weekend.....

I am so excited for you. My daughter has gone for the last 3 years for comp there. It is great! This year she moved on to High School, so no more comps. You will have a great experince!!! Good luck!!!:cheer2:

hope you and your daughter have a GREAT time! it sounds like so much fun! I am heading down to disneyland this july with my dance team to be a part of the summer dance classic! Can't wait!! SOOO excited :)

HI! We go on at 1:45. Georgia is a Jr. Pee Wee Sonoma Jr Dragon. That is pretty neat. We will have to meet up! Or something.

Wow, SONOMA?!?! We are in Santa Rosa and will be down there for the heck of it next weekend. It takes me back to my days as a cheerleader at Nationals. Good luck to your little girl :cheer2:

Wait a sec! Kelly, I just realized this was you. I didn't catch Georgia in your last post. We just may run in to each other next week!

It has been FAR too long!!!

-Megan

DITTO! We were there last year and I saw way enough girls in curlers walking around!!!

Hope she rocks it!!!

hehehe luckily for me my daughter has super curly hair, no curlers needed. BUT this competition they are going total straight hair! The coach is doing my girls hair because she is brave for one. haha Their music is from the 80's, so they have high side straight pony! Totally cute

hehehe luckily for me my daughter has super curly hair, no curlers needed. BUT this competition they are going total straight hair! The coach is doing my girls hair because she is brave for one. haha Their music is from the 80's, so they have high side straight pony! Totally cute

Love it!! Use a good straightener and some hair product and she will have straight hair for sure! :)

Looks like it's going to be a Nor Cal weekend next week. :)

We leave in one and a half days. haha as my daughter would say! SO exciting. Everything is packed and almost ready to go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter