• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***March 2016 Check In***

I was able to save up last year and upgraded our tickets in December to annual passes for myself and my two boys so this is the beginning of our year of Disney.

... I am very excited that Kylo Ren will be showing up at the Launch Bay

We are going to see how we like DL and if we love it are going to upgrade to AP's. We are attending the week before our spring break so I'm trying to figure out if I upgrade onsite and it starts from the first day in the park, correct? So that would be February 29. So I *think* our AP's would expire on March 2? Does that mean we can enter on March 2? That would put us in the park the week before spring break again but we'd have to be done by Thursday. And then of course trips in between. I'd like to maximize spring break though since we have the entire next week off and can enjoy CA at the same time. :) I probably need to call or maybe I'll ask on disboards in a new post.

We are super excited for Kylo Ren as well!

I was surprised to see PTN on the schedule twice on 3/7, 8pm &10 pm. I figured that would be the case closer to Easter, but not earlier in March. On the flip side, CA closes at 8pm that night.

Just curious: Does anyone know what might be contributing to alot of hotels being booked for March 10? We actually don't need a room that night because we've decided to stay near LAX before our morning flight out. But we will be in the parks that day and I noticed when I was trying to book a hotel, many of them had the 10th blocked out. Wondering if the parks will be busier that day ...

Just curious: Does anyone know what might be contributing to alot of hotels being booked for March 10? We actually don't need a room that night because we've decided to stay near LAX before our morning flight out. But we will be in the parks that day and I noticed when I was trying to book a hotel, many of them had the 10th blocked out. Wondering if the parks will be busier that day ...

Natural Products Expo West convention begins the next day according to the 2016 Calendar of Events by figment. Maybe it's a big conference?

Does anyone know why touring plans has March 20 as a 5/10 for crowds? It seems out of the norm for that season. We were planning on having a day off then, but if that is true I might want to change our plans. Any ideas?

The Natural Products Expo has had many hotels booked for months. Reports from last year's convention indicated that the parks did see increased crowds.

Does anyone know why touring plans has March 20 as a 5/10 for crowds? It seems out of the norm for that season. We were planning on having a day off then, but if that is true I might want to change our plans. Any ideas?
I can almost guarantee you that Sunday, March 20th will not be a 5/10 for crowds! That is spring break season, plus mini-Gay Day is that Saturday, so people will definitely be around that weekend. If you look at their historical crowds/what they saw, they had for Sun 3/15 a 9/10 and Sun 3/22 was 8/10. That sounds more like it.

Does anyone have a hotel they love in Monterey, LA, or San Diego? I'm currently booked at the Hyatt Regency and Intercontinental in Monterey (can't decide which will cancel one) and don't have an LA hotel yet. If there's a beach hotel super close to LA we'd prefer a room on the water, but both LA days will be in the city so don't want to be too far. My friend suggested a Venice hotel but is that safe with kids? San Diego probably a Marriott, but I did see a REALLY good rate on the St Regis Monarch Beach (ONLY because it's under construction) and they have their own beach service.

Does anyone have a hotel they love in Monterey, LA, or San Diego? I'm currently booked at the Hyatt Regency and Intercontinental in Monterey (can't decide which will cancel one) and don't have an LA hotel yet. If there's a beach hotel super close to LA we'd prefer a room on the water, but both LA days will be in the city so don't want to be too far. My friend suggested a Venice hotel but is that safe with kids? San Diego probably a Marriott, but I did see a REALLY good rate on the St Regis Monarch Beach (ONLY because it's under construction) and they have their own beach service.
I stayed at the Marriott Marina del Rey a few years ago. It's on little harbor on the border of Marina del Rey and Venice. We loved it. There was a Cheesecake Factory just down from the hotel and you could sit overlooking the water. It was walking distance to Venice and the beach. When most people think of Venice Beach tthey think only of the tacky muscle beach area, but Venice the town is really cute, especially the shops and restaurants along Abbott Kinney Blvd and the canals are so pretty and peaceful to walk along. You can also walk all the way along the beach up to Santa Monica then take the bus back. I really like it around there!

We like to get a vacation rental when we're in Monterey. We especially like Pacific Grove and the Lover's Beach. Area This is the place we rented last year, sooooo cute: https://www.homeaway.com/vacation-r...PROP&utm_campaign=InqiryConfirmation#calendar

I will be there February 29th to March 3rd! I was so excited like 6 months ago when this trip was planned and then after a couple months of obsessing my excitement simmered down but now I am super excited again!! almost a month away!

Just booked our stay at DLR for March! (And I've requested to join the FB group) - My two girls and I are staying two nights at DLH and two at GCH March 28-April 1. Can't wait!!

We are going to see how we like DL and if we love it are going to upgrade to AP's. We are attending the week before our spring break so I'm trying to figure out if I upgrade onsite and it starts from the first day in the park, correct? So that would be February 29. So I *think* our AP's would expire on March 2? Does that mean we can enter on March 2? That would put us in the park the week before spring break again but we'd have to be done by Thursday. And then of course trips in between. I'd like to maximize spring break though since we have the entire next week off and can enjoy CA at the same time. :) I probably need to call or maybe I'll ask on disboards in a new post.

We are super excited for Kylo Ren as well!
If you are entering the parks on 2/29 as your first day, I would imagine your effective date would be through March 1st, not the 2nd if you upgrade to an AP. Whatever your end date is, you can go to the parks that day as well.

Looks like we are coming down again from 3/23-3/27 to see Kylo Ren. Already saw DV and Chewbacca twice. Excited for new characters.

We're hoping to go to the parks 2/29-3/3. We're getting life balance 4 day park hoppers and upgrading to Deluxe AP's.

This will be the first trip for our kids. 2 under 2. We're celebrating our oldest's adoption! Auntie will be joining us.

We have no flights yet but we've booked the BW Stovall's since BWPPI is full 3/1.

Edit: We're booked for a trip starting the end of this month!!! Eek! I rarely do such short notice trips & I hate it. We're celebrating our child's adoption. We have flights, hotel, DLR tickets we'll probably upgrade to AP's & plan to use Uber from the airport. Excited is putting it mildly. This will be a whirlwind week.

Last edited:
Looks like they changed DCA hours from 7pm to 8pm on the night I was hoping to do WOC. Darn! We were hoping for it to be early to put kids in bed and have an early night.

We're hoping to go to the parks 2/29-3/3. We're getting life balance 4 day park hoppers and upgrading to Deluxe AP's.

This will be the first trip for our kids. 2 under 2. We're celebrating our oldest's adoption! Auntie will be joining us.

We have no flights yet but we've booked the BW Stovall's since BWPPI is full 3/1.

What's life balance? Congrats on your adoption!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter