• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***March 2016 Check In***

We will be spend Easter with the Mouse. Disney Land Hotel Sunday March 27th to Tuesday the 29th.
Any guesses on if Storytellers Cafe will have the Easter Brunch again?

Scratch that again...it showed up blue and not gray but no showtimes. Weird.

I was able to make mine just now! There was a glitch at first that booted me out with a server error but I went back in and times showed up. I'll be dining at Ariel's Grotto for the WOC package on February 29th! What a good way to start off our trip. :D

I am bringing my DS with me March 14-17. This is our first trip since his dad I nd I separated, I'm a little nervous!! Staying at the La Quinta..

This Mini Gay day rate is when we are going. Can anyone get the rate? That's a significant saving over what I have booked with Costco!

Last edited:
I'm trying to guess what park hours will be for my week (March 6-10) from what is listed on restaurant hours. If BB last reservation time is 8:50 on the weekdays, do I assume park closing would be 10pm. If so, I think my weekday hours are 9am-10pm, which is just what I was hoping for! Hope the next 58 days fly by!!

I'm trying to guess what park hours will be for my week (March 6-10) from what is listed on restaurant hours. If BB last reservation time is 8:50 on the weekdays, do I assume park closing would be 10pm. If so, I think my weekday hours are 9am-10pm, which is just what I was hoping for! Hope the next 58 days fly by!!

Looking at 2 others dates in Feb I think you may be right. It looks like approx 1 hour prior to closing. Fingers crossed on March 6! Historically that day (Monday) was 9-9 at DCA and 9-10 at DL.

This Mini Gay day rate is when we are going. Can anyone get the rate?
There are no restrictions. You must create an account on the Gay Days site to access the special GCH rates, which are booked directly with Disney (though the meetings/convention site). There are no confirmations at check-in, and there are no required events.

You are encouraged (not required) to wear red on March 19, which shows support for Gay Days and LGBT in general.

(I have attended many Gay Days, but am otherwise just another guest. You certainly do not need to be gay to take advantage of the special rates.)

Last edited:
There are no restrictions. You must create an account on the Gay Days site to access the special GCH rates, which are booked directly with Disney (though the meetings/convention site). There are no confirmations at check-in, and there are no required events.

You are encouraged (not required) to wear red on March 19, which shows support for Gay Days and LGBT in general.

(I have attend many Gay Days, but am otherwise just another guest. You certainly do not need to be gay to take advantage of the special rates.)

I wonder how we tag someone. I'm trying to tag @figment_jii for the 2016 Calendar of Events thread. Did it work?

March 13-15 - WDW vets making our first trip to DL and sunny California! :)

We just booked our trip for March 6-9 and staying at the Tropicana!! I need these next two months to go by fast!

So most of us are making reservations now. What are you most looking forward to????

I'm looking forward to finally eating at Carthay Circle. Not sure why we've never tried it, but this time we will! Also looking forward to Hyperspace Mountain, seeing Disneyland Forever again, and weirdly, Mickey Pancakes. I've been craving those so bad for some reason!

So most of us are making reservations now. What are you most looking forward to????

So far I've booked breakfasts at Steakhouse 55, La Brea Bakery, Chip & Dale's Storybook, and Goofy's Kitchen. I love breakfast so I'm looking forward to all of those in general! Plus the convenience of Steakhouse 55 and Goofy's since we will be at the DLH already!

Dinner wise we have the PTN Blue Bayou package and the Ariel's Grotto WOC. I'm unsure about my feelings on these since I did the Fantasmic package at WDW and wasn't all too impressed with the seats we ended up with... but I figure we'd be eating at BB anyways because that was one of my husband's only requests. On the fence about Ariel's... not sure if I should keep it.

Well, we have cancelled our March family trip. DH is working on a book and can't take the time off...boo! The plan now is to take our family trip over Memorial Day weekend instead. It will be more crowded for sure, but we did Thanksgiving weekend in 2014 so it can't be worse than that!

I, however, am planning on taking a solo day in the parks on March 1st for my birthday and to squeeze one last day out of my annual pass! Can't wait!

Just noticed that GRR is down Feb 15- Mar 15:guilty:. I guess we'll be missing that one...AGAIN.

Well, we have cancelled our March family trip. DH is working on a book and can't take the time off...boo! The plan now is to take our family trip over Memorial Day weekend instead. It will be more crowded for sure, but we did Thanksgiving weekend in 2014 so it can't be worse than that!

I, however, am planning on taking a solo day in the parks on March 1st for my birthday and to squeeze one last day out of my annual pass! Can't wait!

Awwww...I will keep you on the list for March 1!! Lucky you get one day out of it. I wish I had an annual pass. Memorial Day will be great weather though. :)

Dinner wise we have the PTN Blue Bayou package and the Ariel's Grotto WOC.

I just saw pics and read review from PTN the package on facebook by Casey at DLR Prep School. Looks fab! I cannot wait! I have it booked as well with Blue Bayou. We are doing the WOC Wine Country Trattoria package but I cannot decide on that either. I could go either way.

We are SUPER excited for PCH Breakfast (not for the food) so we can see Stitch & Mickey. As well as Plaza Inn breakfast for Captain Hook. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter