• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

March 2015 Car Rental Rate Watch

Swimmergirl

DIS Veteran
Has anyone else started pricing car rentals for March? I know we still have a long wait as rates will likely rise and fall over the next few months, but it's always more fun to watch with others! Right now I have an intermediate booked through Alamo for March 9th-14th for $148 using Costco. Happy hunting!

We have a rental for the last 2 weeks of march with Alamo for 252 taxes in for a full size using the Costco discount

I've got a standard booked with Dollar for March 11-19 for $162 all in.

I've never paid more than $95 for a one week rental so I'm hoping that I find something more in line with the $100 mark. We don't really need a car but I prefer to have one so we'll see how this plays out.

I currently have a minivan out of Sanford for the week of March 1st through the 8th with Thrifty with a AAA discount total cost $461. I am hoping to get a better deal through priceline closer to time.

I have a mid-sized SUV booked for March 14-19 with National using the KLM code, for about $250. I need this type of vehicle, unfortunately.

I currently have a minivan out of Sanford for the week of March 1st through the 8th with Thrifty with a AAA discount total cost $461. I am hoping to get a better deal through priceline closer to time.

Through Budget using BCD x474200 (travelocity leisure code) and Coupon mupz044 for $40 off a minivan is $252 inc taxes and free additional driver. Thrifty charges $10 a day.

I'm at $187 ($132 base) (Dollar Lock Low and Go) for March 19-25 using Dollar AAA discount (TB7139). Lock Low and Go is compact or larger, but compact is all I need...Alamo was about $10 higher; have that for a backup.

Expecting much better discounts once we hit late February, but its always good to have something lined up...

I have an intermediate from Budget for $137.29, March 6 - 13. Really would like to see something lower. I don't need that large of a car but it was the cheapest.

I have a minivan at National from 3/14-3/21 for $278 using the KLM code - includes insurance. I also have an SUV for $226 - trying to decide if the minivan is worth $50.

I'm at $187 ($132 base) (Dollar Lock Low and Go) for March 19-25 using Dollar AAA discount (TB7139). Lock Low and Go is compact or larger, but compact is all I need...Alamo was about $10 higher; have that for a backup.

Expecting much better discounts once we hit late February, but its always good to have something lined up...

Did you use a code for this?

Did you use a code for this?

For Alamo, I used a Costco code, the Dollar quote was the AAA discount (TB7139 corporate code for mid-Atlantic). This was a couple weeks ago already; its entirely possible the rates have changed.

We have WBC booked for March 2015. will try the codes listed above to hopefully find a good price on a rental. We are in Canada, need to see if my Cdn costco card will work for Costco.com.

We have two children, 3 and 7. We will need to bring a booster seat and car seat. what size car should we get?

We have WBC booked for March 2015. will try the codes listed above to hopefully find a good price on a rental. We are in Canada, need to see if my Cdn costco card will work for Costco.com.

We have two children, 3 and 7. We will need to bring a booster seat and car seat. what size car should we get?

Canadians book on Costco.ca

We can not book on Costco.com as stated in the fine print.

...We have two children, 3 and 7. We will need to bring a booster seat and car seat. what size car should we get?

A lot of that is personal preference. I would definitely stay away from Economy. Compact could be tight depending upon which one you get. I'd likely go with Midsize/Intermediate and above, as well as midsize SUV and minivan.

I have a minivan at National from 3/14-3/21 for $278 using the KLM code - includes insurance. I also have an SUV for $226 - trying to decide if the minivan is worth $50.

Which KLM code are you using?? The one I've been using isn't working now...

Thanks
~N

I think the KLM code doesn't work anymore (from what I've read). However, reservations already made are being honored. This happened once before, though, and then the KLM code started working again. You can keep trying it.

Thanks for some good ideas and some HOPE. I did the first check last night and the best I could get was about $200/wk for compact with a corp discount from work. Too much! I am looking at Mar 9-20.

We just had a big trip in December but we got Universal AP's and have a good flight credit so we are hoping to do a Universal only trip for ds, dd's, and dh's birthdays (all the same week.. which is also March Break for us).

We are tentatively looking at renting a car from the 17th to the 24th. I won't be booking flights for a few more days so these dates may change.

Anyway.. prices are sky high right now for those dates. I am a pretty regular renter in Orlando and we usually get our best rate early on but I am expecting these rates will drop some as we get closer. I usually see a good drop around 6 weeks out.

If we can't get it low enough we will use a town car service and forget about the car this trip (which would also save us the parking fees but would cost us more to be stuck onsite for food).

Need a minivan for 3/19-3/31 - was shocked to see National showing out of ALL cars - priced out every main place and am seeing horrible numbers of over $1000
Any ideas for me?

Thanks tons!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter