• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Marathon Weekend 2025

I stayed at Kidani for this past MW and really enjoyed it. I’ll be at All-Star Sports next year because I am trying to do Dopey on a serious budget. I will be alone so I don’t think Sports will be too bad. And I like how it matches the race theming in a way.
I've stayed at All Stars a few times for race weekends. The food court is convenient and the busses are plentiful. This year we had a conjoining room and the neighbors woke me up when they returned from their park day. Definitely putting that in the room request this coming year!
What I wish Disney would do was try to put all the runners near each other! I was next to the worst people at Jambo in 2023 but when I think rationally about it, they were really just coming back to the parks around 9PM and making dinner in their room, which is not unreasonable at all, it just was the worst when I was trying to sleep at 8PM :laughing:

I think the values have great atmosphere for race weekends because they are full of runners. I enjoyed staying deluxe the last couple race weekends but there were way less runners and walking to the bus in the mornings I sometimes didn't see a single other person. I will probably be back at Pop for Princess which I haven't done a race weekend at yet before but I hear it's very fun.

Does anyone know how RunDisney jackets fit? True to size? My wife and I really like the Marathon jackets this year and are thinking about preordering, as we won't get to the Expo til mid afternoon on Thursday and are worried about sellouts. Since there's no refunds, I'm worried that the sizing might be wacky and it not fit right. Plus, there may not be any to exchange to the correct size also.

Does anyone know how RunDisney jackets fit? True to size? My wife and I really like the Marathon jackets this year and are thinking about preordering, as we won't get to the Expo til mid afternoon on Thursday and are worried about sellouts. Since there's no refunds, I'm worried that the sizing might be wacky and it not fit right. Plus, there may not be any to exchange to the correct size also.
Women's fit stuff is always terrible and a total gamble but I feel like the men's/unisex jackets are pretty TTS, or at least I'm usually between my typical two sizes. Depending on where you fall in the size range I think it's often better to err on the smaller side as those go fast...assuming things don't run ridiculously small (looking at you, women's 2023 Dopey sweater) I feel like the smalls and mediums go first, and then large, and then so on. So if you think you could be a S/M I would order that and then if it's too small there will almost certainly be someone who gets to the expo when S/M are already gone and then wants to trade for a smaller size. That's only my experience from the past couple of expos though.

Yes, all of the pre-order stuff will also be available at the expo (but could sell out before you can buy it there) There will also be a bunch of other stuff at the expo that isn’t available for pre-order.
I never pre-ordered (except pins once), but I thought there were some jackets before that were only pre-order? Am I misremembering? I hope so.

I never pre-ordered (except pins once), but I thought there were some jackets before that were only pre-order? Am I misremembering? I hope so.
There used to be jackets that you could only pre-order but that changed a few years ago to you just pre-ordered the same jacket. I don't even remember if that was a COVID thing or if it changed before that.

I've stayed at BLT for two race weekends now. First one we got assigned to a room on a lower floor on the north side of the building, facing out. Bonus MK view but the fireworks were so loud they shook the windows! The next year, we requested a room on a higher floor on the opposite side and lucked out getting exactly that room assignment -- it was perfect. The only thing I dislike about BLT for races is lack of an easy quick service option, but with DVC we stock up the kitchen anyway.
You keep talking about staying at the BLT, and now I need to go make a sandwich.....

What I wish Disney would do was try to put all the runners near each other! I was next to the worst people at Jambo in 2023 but when I think rationally about it, they were really just coming back to the parks around 9PM and making dinner in their room, which is not unreasonable at all, it just was the worst when I was trying to sleep at 8PM :laughing:

I think the values have great atmosphere for race weekends because they are full of runners. I enjoyed staying deluxe the last couple race weekends but there were way less runners and walking to the bus in the mornings I sometimes didn't see a single other person. I will probably be back at Pop for Princess which I haven't done a race weekend at yet before but I hear it's very fun.
I stayed at Pop in Jan for the first time since it opened, so it might as well have been for the first time.
1. I loved being able to walk over to the Skyliner and take it to Epcot or HS
2. When I was checking in, I discovered I was in a poolside room (no thanks) and asked for a more remote room. The check-in guy got on the phone, was able to get me away from the pools (noise), and it saved me a few dollars. Score!

While I was waiting, a bunch of cast members gathered in the lobby and started doing The Hustle. Check-in guy was still on hold so I walked over, got in line, and also started doing the Hustle, albeit not quite as well as the cast members. Totally fun, and they love having guests jump in and participate. I even got a button.
Which reminds me, they also had cold water bottles and buttons and literally a red carpet waiting for us getting off the buses after the half and full (I have no idea about the 5k and 10K). That was a really nice touch.

I emailed runDisney to see if they could merge the new account that was created when my friend registered me for Dopey yesterday into my existing account. I think I figured out that she didn't put my middle initial in, which probably made the system think it was a new person. I am not counting on hearing back on that for a week or so, which is fine because it is certainly not urgent as I can see the registration.
A friend of mine was having issues with her account and she just realized it was because I didn't put her middle initial and her SS registration has it. She put in an email to have it fixed but hasn't heard back yet. Her SS registration also dropped off when she got my email to link her MW reg. 🙃

When I tried to forward my son's registration to his email yesterday, things fell down and we were unable to "see" his race in his rD account or in mine.
I emailed the email address that rD had and this afternoon they had already replied with a new link.
But before clicking on that, we logged into his rD account and the half entry was already there, so maybe it just took time for things to sift through. Regardless, we clicked on it and signed the waiver.

So if you haven't emailed yet, go check the rD accounts, or check your inbox to see if they have replied yet.
YMMV
Did you just use the email form on the rD page? Or is there an actual email to use?

A friend of mine was having issues with her account and she just realized it was because I didn't put her middle initial and her SS registration has it. She put in an email to have it fixed but hasn't heard back yet. Her SS registration also dropped off when she got my email to link her MW reg. 🙃
Sounds like I'm in good company!

I just used the form online; maybe that wasn't the move....

Are the women's jackets sizing unpredictable or are they consistently too small/too big? I won't be able to get to the expo until Saturday so I imagine preorder will be the only way I can get things...

Are the women's jackets sizing unpredictable or are they consistently too small/too big?

YES!! I wind up wearing anywhere between an XL and 3XL (and even that has been tight) in the jackets. With the current inability to return pre-orders, I would never buy a jacket unless/until Disney starts providing measurements for sizes at the time of pre-order.

I just got an email from runDisney and they said that while "researching your inquiry, we noticed that you have multiple profiles with us." (duh, that's why I emailed. haha). They asked me to confirm my correct name, preferred email address, phone number, physical address, and date of birth and they would merge my accounts.

Hopefully it's a simple fix for your friend as well.

Now that registration is over when and where would one look if they were pondering the possibility of volunteering?

Are the women's jackets sizing unpredictable or are they consistently too small/too big? I won't be able to get to the expo until Saturday so I imagine preorder will be the only way I can get things...

The sizing is usually predictable for me. I wear a women’s small and the jackets are usually loose on me. There have been a few exceptions where they ran super small, but it’s not the norm.

ETA: Men’s and unisex small are always a no go for me. Always way too big.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter