Marathon Weekend 2025

Funny, I reloaded the page and momentarily it showed Goofy back! Then it refreshed and showed both Goofy and 5K gone. Weird.

Funny, I reloaded the page and momentarily it showed Goofy back! Then it refreshed and showed both Goofy and 5K gone. Weird.
Okay, I wanted Goofy, but it was gone, so I'm doing Dopey.

I had another queue pop open a few minutes later when I was helping a friend, and it showed Goofy available. I was not pleased, but I'm going to my grave pretending that was an IT issue.

I think they're solving a big problem for a lot of people, and creating a small problem for a few people. (Which doesn't mean it isn't a problem, and I'm sorry that you've been burned!)

The DM rule is site-wide, presumably to prevent bots from coming in and spamming users. It isn't a rule designed for RunDisney users, and in the grand scheme of the DisBoards, I don't think this use case is something they're optimizing for.
I disagree. I clicked a link, as several others likely did, expecting a wait of about 5 min, and waited that 5 min only to find out that the link was invalid. For the race I was signing up for that 5 minutes was critical. I would have much, MUCH rather had a DMed link that I knew worked, even if it was a longer time, instead of gambling on a public link that likely won't, because now everyone (except for one person) who clicked that link is back to square one. The DM system seems to be working very well for people who can DM, so the solution IMO is that people should make sure they can DM before this begins.

Okay, I wanted Goofy, but it was gone, so I'm doing Dopey.

I had another queue pop open a few minutes later when I was helping a friend, and it showed Goofy available. I was not pleased, but I'm going to my grave pretending that was an IT issue.

Same thing for the 5k, it has popped up and closed right away again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter