Marathon Weekend 2025

No. I’ve got a lot going on right now and committing to Dopey isn’t something I’m interested in. Never say never for some year in the future, but not right now. 2018 was just a perfect ending for me. I’d say mine and G’s focus is shifting towards the Halloween party over rundisney because of the slightly different costume guidelines and more time in costume. We’re hard at work on our 2024 Amphibia costumes. This is G’s glowing hair piece (still in progress).

View attachment 849571

View attachment 849572
I also wanted to ask how your MIL is doing. I hope things are going well for you and your family.

Guess I can upgrade now. Probably the only person who actually still uses the last one
That's my current luggage tag, too!

So finally back (after XX hours---don't even want to think about it) from a road trip to Ohio to see the eclipse. It was everything it was cracked up to be, and I am so glad I went. It was a challenge with my dog, but we managed (tomorrow the car will need to be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized.)

Planning to jump on with 2 measly browsers to score a couple of links for whoever may need them. Hope I can get 1 that helps someone.

Last edited:

SAFD: This is really, really hard because I love both rides so much. But given how innovative it is today and that you get a different experience every time you ride it, I have to give the edge to Guardians. I plan more Epcot days specifically for this ride and it's just the best ride I have ridden in a long, long time.

(Sorry this is so late. I've been in trial all week and I finally came up for air)
So, I'm guessing you weren't found guilty?

With 10 minutes to spare, I registered for Dopey 2025. I started crying at the thought of not doing it.

See y'all there. I'll be the professor of Dopey University... ;) did I tell y'all? I PASSED MY DISSERTATION DEFENSE.

My training journal desperately needs an update (or twenty).
Good job!!

So, will your costumes reflect your new professor status?

Finally jumping in and joining this thread after lurking for a while! I'm still a bit undecided, I've done 'just' the marathon the last two years and was originally thinking I would bump up to a challenge. I would love to do Goofy for the anniversary year but I think it would be much more sensible to focus on 'just' the marathon and improving that. I am also toying with marathon plus 10k... aaaah I can't decide!

With 10 minutes to spare, I registered for Dopey 2025. I started crying at the thought of not doing it.

See y'all there. I'll be the professor of Dopey University... ;) did I tell y'all? I PASSED MY DISSERTATION DEFENSE.

Congrats!

I requested the day off from work months ago. Apparently we are extremely short staffed this week so they asked me if I’d like to work today. I said absolutely not, I have am busy.

I have my 7 month dvc booking window for our Nov. trip followed by race sign ups. That’s a busy morning😂 (don’t worry, we have plenty of other people they can find to work)

How to register 2 people?
Our priority is DH getting the marathon, so i want to register him completely with payment, then i want to register myself for marathon if available, but I'll take 10k or half of i have to.
We will skip merchandise for now.
anyone know how to go from complete payment for DH to registering an mother person?

The last few sign ups my husband got all the information in, but when he went to pay it wouldn’t let him past where it asked for a promo code. It wouldn’t let him pay. Could it be that it was sold out? Hoping 3 is the charm

I like to announce my addiction to runDisney everywhere I go! 😀😀. I put my 2018 marathon luggage tag on my work backpack. Never pass up a chance to bore a non-runner with an explanation of (I try to keep it brief…) what the plastic tag is from. 😆🤣😉View attachment 849566
I ran the 2018 full and I don’t recall getting the luggage tag, I got screwed. 🤣

Good luck to everyone today, I hope you get what you want.

Congrats!! I earned my PhD in 2015 (oh my gosh time passes so quickly). What is it about running that attracts so many PhDs?

What’s everyone’s thought on what will sell out first?/rank my priorities. I need 1 dopey, 2 1/2 marathons, 2 10ks and 1 5k. 😬

So for the last few normal years, 5k usually goes first. 10k is generally an early sell out (2nd 3rd), then maybe Dopey then half.

How to register 2 people?
Our priority is DH getting the marathon, so i want to register him completely with payment, then i want to register myself for marathon if available, but I'll take 10k or half of i have to.

Marathon is usually the/one of the last races to sell out. You should be okay either way (doing them serially or together)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter