Marathon Weekend 2025

Goldy's Run 10-miler today was not a washout as the news predicted at 10PM last night. Though it was a bit cold for April and windier than I'd prefer, it was far from the worst weather I've run in and I only experienced light rain/drizzle for part of the course. It felt a lot hillier than I expected even though I drove the course beforehand (450ft elevation gain in 10 miles...going to feel that tomorrow) but I still managed to PR by over 40 seconds and re-secure my corral B POT with 1:34:22 for Marathon Weekend :woohoo: Because I like to live on the edge, I had Domino's, an açaí bowl, and sashimi yesterday. Gotta train the stomach for anything :rotfl:

SAFD: Read the thread on here with tips, and the more browsers the better. I think rD has managed us all having a million browsers open the last few registrations without issue for the most part, and you really just put yourself at a disadvantage if you only open 1-2 browsers. I won't admit how many I have but let's just say I'd estimate my "successful" browsers (having a time that would get me registered) are under 25% if that says anything. I share my leftover queue IDs via DM so they don't go to waste! Good luck all...may the glitches be minimal and the queue not be paused :hyper:

I didn't vote in the poll because I literally cannot rank rides or parks for the life of me but I love HM so I'm happy with the results, thank you for the poll!!

Goldy's Run 10-miler today was not a washout as the news predicted at 10PM last night. Though it was a bit cold for April and windier than I'd prefer, it was far from the worst weather I've run in and I only experienced light rain/drizzle for part of the course. It felt a lot hillier than I expected even though I drove the course beforehand (450ft elevation gain in 10 miles...going to feel that tomorrow) but I still managed to PR by over 40 seconds and re-secure my corral B POT with 1:34:22 for Marathon Weekend :woohoo: Because I like to live on the edge, I had Domino's, an açaí bowl, and sashimi yesterday. Gotta train the stomach for anything :rotfl:

SAFD: Read the thread on here with tips, and the more browsers the better. I think rD has managed us all having a million browsers open the last few registrations without issue for the most part, and you really just put yourself at a disadvantage if you only open 1-2 browsers. I won't admit how many I have but let's just say I'd estimate my "successful" browsers (having a time that would get me registered) are under 25% if that says anything. I share my leftover queue IDs via DM so they don't go to waste! Good luck all...may the glitches be minimal and the queue not be paused :hyper:

I didn't vote in the poll because I literally cannot rank rides or parks for the life of me but I love HM so I'm happy with the results, thank you for the poll!!
Congrats on the PR!

SAFD: lately my best “trick” is leaning on the kindness of DISers to give me a link with a shorter wait, because my own all seem to move on 90s dial-up speed lol! This has been the case for the last 3 registrations and I have no idea why at all. :confused3

Other than that, having my credit card memorized maybe helps. Knowing all the questions that will be asked and how I want to answer them surely speeds things up a little.

One thing I can say has NOT helped in the least? Having multiple windows going across multiple devices. I probably won’t bother doing that ever again.

SAFD: my advice is to skip entering in your POT race details and the link to your results. Just choose the no POT from the drop down. Go back after registering and enter in POT info. Also skip over preorder merch. I kept everything including my payment card saved in my browser to autofill. I would just delete the card after I was done.

If you get stuck on the shirt error, try switching your gender in the drop down box then switching it back. That’s what got me out of that error.

Just got done registering with my CRD link. I decided to run Goofy. Two less hotel nights and two less early wake ups 🤣 Not sure if it was just for early registration, but it didn’t ask me a bazillion questions with answers to select from a drop down box. It was a yes/no check box asking if I was a CM, DVC, DL Magic Key, DW AP and if I had participated in a RD event before. Didn’t ask who I was traveling with or if I was staying onsite.

Great job on the PR in less than ideal conditions! 🤩

SAFD: I don't have any tips other than what's been mentioned. I do have a question though- I'm back in for MW! Just trying for the half. I won't be at work so I'll only have two devices. Does it help to have multiple browsers open on the same device? Like have Safari and Firefox on the same desktop? My other strategy is getting a wifi hotspot from work because my home wifi is not great at the moment.

SAFD: I have no real tips or tricks for registration because I hate the hassle so much I chose to pay runDisney an exorbitant amount of money to skip the process.

I guess if I had to pick a tip, it’s have your payment info ready—not just have the card out, but have the number already copied and ready to paste, unless you’re a freak like me that has it all memorized (but I still get the card out in case my brain shorts out at the wrong moment)

I also PR’ed today! Only 14 seconds faster, but I’ll take it, especially considering how under-trained I am right now. I can’t decide which hill was worse—the super long one past the hospital in mile 2, or that super short, super steep one at the end of mile 9.

The rain didn’t hold off quite long enough for me to finish, the whole last mile was wet and windy, and no matter which direction the course turn, the rain was in my face because of the giant campus buildings and their wind tunnel effect.

Also, they started the kids races before I finished, so the whole final stretch was cluttered with adorable little children, and their parents, all with no concept of “don’t block the whole course”

I also PR’ed today! Only 14 seconds faster, but I’ll take it, especially considering how under-trained I am right now. I can’t decide which hill was worse—the super long one past the hospital in mile 2, or that super short, super steep one at the end of mile 9.

The rain didn’t hold off quite long enough for me to finish, the whole last mile was wet and windy, and no matter which direction the course turn, the rain was in my face because of the giant campus buildings and their wind tunnel effect.

Also, they started the kids races before I finished, so the whole final stretch was cluttered with adorable little children, and their parents, all with no concept of “don’t block the whole course”
Congrats!!! Any PR is awesome in those conditions and on what I thought was one of the toughest city courses I've done (as someone who does NOT seek out tough courses :laughing:) I thought the one at the end of mile 9 was worse. Mile 2, I was still in my honeymoon phase. End of mile 9 I thought they were trying to kill us lol! Ahhh yes the wind did get worse, glad it was only the end and not the entire thing at least. I was prepared for a monsoon with what the news was saying, talk about an overreaction :rotfl:

And omg...I can't believe they start the kids races before everyone else finishes...that is utter chaos!

Congrats!!! Any PR is awesome in those conditions and on what I thought was one of the toughest city courses I've done (as someone who does NOT seek out tough courses :laughing:) I thought the one at the end of mile 9 was worse. Mile 2, I was still in my honeymoon phase. End of mile 9 I thought they were trying to kill us lol! Ahhh yes the wind did get worse, glad it was only the end and not the entire thing at least. I was prepared for a monsoon with what the news was saying, talk about an overreaction :rotfl:

And omg...I can't believe they start the kids races before everyone else finishes...that is utter chaos!
Here’s the whole finish line video, it starts around 8am, so you can scroll forward to about when you would have finished to find yourself. I got a blink-and-you’ll-miss-me shot at 2:37:48 (gold tshirt over white long sleeve, with maroon skirt and grey leggings) because of the finish-line chaos of families with children 😭😭

Here’s the whole finish line video, it starts around 8am, so you can scroll forward to about when you would have finished to find yourself. I got a blink-and-you’ll-miss-me shot at 2:37:48 (gold tshirt over white long sleeve, with maroon skirt and grey leggings) because of the finish-line chaos of families with children 😭😭

Oh no....who thought that was a good plan... :hyper: It surprised me to see so many people in the chute just like hanging out immediately after the finish line. Like, get out of the way please? And then all those parents there waiting for their kids, oh dear :rotfl2:

I'm used to rD finish chutes that go on forever, lots of time to walk and decompress before the reunion area. That is one thing they definitely do right in my opinion!

SAFD: I don't have any tips other than what's been mentioned. I do have a question though- I'm back in for MW! Just trying for the half. I won't be at work so I'll only have two devices. Does it help to have multiple browsers open on the same device? Like have Safari and Firefox on the same desktop? My other strategy is getting a wifi hotspot from work because my home wifi is not great at the moment.
I think for same device you have to be incognito for them to register as different slots.

Great job! Congratulations on securing your POT for MW.

Oh no....who thought that was a good plan... :hyper: It surprised me to see so many people in the chute just like hanging out immediately after the finish line. Like, get out of the way please? And then all those parents there waiting for their kids, oh dear :rotfl2:

I'm used to rD finish chutes that go on forever, lots of time to walk and decompress before the reunion area. That is one thing they definitely do right in my opinion!
Yeah, I definitely had to watch where I was going so I didn’t step on any littles. And the crowd was so thick, I couldn’t find the medal volunteers—it’s like, “i’m cold and wet and tired, can I please just have my medal and my water for I can find my bag and put a jacket on??”

On a positive note, I was totally comfortable in my layered clothes, and the gold shirt kept most of the rain off the white shirt, so I could just take that layer off before putting on my jacket post-race

Thanks for doing the March Madness @camaker. It has been so much fun.

SAFD: Remember that RunDisney seems to have reduced the number of people they let register at one time so you may be in the queue a bit longer than in years past. And as someone else mentioned your wait time will start dropping and then jump back up again. Don’t panic it’s happening to everyone. Keep an eye on this thread. People will be monitoring the races and posting when they start to sell out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter