Marathon Weekend 2025

I missed MK and AK, ah!

Epcot:
1. Guardians of the Galaxy
2. Living with the Land
3. Turtle Talk with Crush
4. Figment

My kids discovered Figment during our last trip (over a year ago, wahhhhh), so we rode it like 5 times in a row, so it got my last slot based on that.

DHS:
1. Tower of Terror
2. Slinky Dog
3. Toy Story Midway Mania
4. Rise of the Resistance

SAFD:

Epcot:
1. Impressions de France - I don’t care that they barely show this anymore. It’s my favorite.
2. Spaceship Earth - Such a relaxing journey through time.
3. Living with the Land - Such a relaxing journey through nature.
4. Test Track - It’s fun and doesn’t hate me.

I am probably the only person who will not say Guardians because it makes me puke my guts out. But it’s undoubtedly the best ride. It just hates me.

Hollywood Studios
1. Rise of the Resistance - I know I can’t put this down four times, but I would if I could.
2. Tower of Terror - Amazing. Wonderful. Terrifying!
3. Star Tours - This brings me such nostalgia for Star Wars Weekends. And now my son squeals when we jump through hyperspace, and isn’t that the best? (He’s been the rebel spy TWICE already. I’ve only been once in 10+ years!)
4. Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway - I miss Great Movie Ride, but this is just so much fun. Plus my son loves it.

Seeing how many people love Guardians, I wish it didn't make me so sick! Even with medicine and seabands and ginger chews, it's just not an attraction I can do. That and Crush's Coaster in Paris are the only two coasters I've ever found to take me down!

Epcot:
1. Living with the Land
2. Soarin'
3. Frozen Ever After
4. Test Track

DHS:
1. Rise
2. Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway
3. Toy Story Midway Mania
4. Slinky Dog Dash

I also feel this way, particularly if you are a pilot in Smuggler’s Run. Smuggler’s Run would’ve made my list if there was a little more interactivity for the gunners and mechanics outside of pushing buttons when they light up. Not sure how they could’ve added more interactivity for those positions, but the experience is undoubtedly different when you aren’t a pilot.

If you can get a full group and work together, though, you can actually affect the outcome quite a bit. My nephews, DH, dad and step-mom once got the second highest possible score and all the CMs were commenting about it as we left, high-fiving us, etc. Apparently hardly anyone had done it before. I knew we did well but had no idea it was such a big deal, or I'd have taken a pic of the console!

We've tried several times for the Chewie easter egg but have never managed to make it work. For me, these things add to the re-rideability, which is a huge factor. It nearly made my list just for that, but it's hard to fill a car with a whole group who will actually follow instructions.

That's also why I love TSMM so much. DH and I work together to open up all the extra scoring opportunities.
No, I'm not at all competitive. Why do you ask? :D

I also feel this way, particularly if you are a pilot in Smuggler’s Run. Smuggler’s Run would’ve made my list if there was a little more interactivity for the gunners and mechanics outside of pushing buttons when they light up. Not sure how they could’ve added more interactivity for those positions, but the experience is undoubtedly different when you aren’t a pilot.
Yes! I did Smuggler's Run for the first time this weekend and I was so focused on when the lights would start flashing, I wasn't watching what was going on.

Btw, do they always make little ones the pilot? I think the little on my ride was 3, and he started crying!

Btw, do they always make little ones the pilot? I think the little on my ride was 3, and he started crying!

When you aren’t alone with your own group the option will always (from what I’ve seen) be given to the larger party to choose their roles first and they will almost always choose some amongst their group to be the pilots. Most of the time, for obvious reasons, groups with kids (even very small ones) will give the option to be pilot first to the kids in their group.

I’ve been on as a party of two where we were matched with a family of four with both kids appearing to be under the age of 5. Those kids were our pilots and we crashed into literally everything the whole ride and even had to have the automated system do the jump to hyperspace (I think Hondo voiceover came on and to say he was doing it when the kids didn’t hit the lever). It was completely fine, probably one of the funnier rides I’ve had; but, yeah, if you ride with kids it’s pretty likely they will be the pilots (as a human nature thing, not a Disney directive to CMs thing).

WDW Reservations for January-October 2025 open tomorrow! So if you haven't decided where you want to stay for Marathon Weekend yet, you might want to start thinking about it 😁😁
Good timing because I want to do Princess next year to celebrate my 40th birthday! This year I only was there for 3 days, and I want to add more days, so may stay at Pop but I loved staying at Gran Destino.

WDW Reservations for January-October 2025 open tomorrow! So if you haven't decided where you want to stay for Marathon Weekend yet, you might want to start thinking about it 😁😁
I also saw that in 2025, guests staying on site will get free admission to one of the waterparks on check-in day. Not that I'll have any time to go, since my arrival day is expo day. But a very cool perk!

I’ve been on as a party of two where we were matched with a family of four with both kids appearing to be under the age of 5. Those kids were our pilots and we crashed into literally everything the whole ride and even had to have the automated system do the jump to hyperspace (I think Hondo voiceover came on and to say he was doing it when the kids didn’t hit the lever). It was completely fine, probably one of the funnier rides I’ve had; but, yeah, if you ride with kids it’s pretty likely they will be the pilots (as a human nature thing, not a Disney directive to CMs thing).
Meanwhile, they assigned my son and I as pilots one time and I gave the assignments to another couple because I knew he would be awful at it. 🤣

I also saw that in 2025, guests staying on site will get free admission to one of the waterparks on check-in day. Not that I'll have any time to go, since my arrival day is expo day. But a very cool perk!
It also counts on switching day for split stays for people who do that sort of thing

Trying to figure this one out. You catch the morning flight at say 9:00. Get to Orlando around 12. Trolley and gather luggage 12:30. Uber or Mears to the hotel 1:30. Check in or hand luggage off to bell services. 2:00. Catch bus to water park. 2:30-3:00. And the park closes at 5.

Trying to figure this one out. You catch the morning flight at say 9:00. Get to Orlando around 12. Trolley and gather luggage 12:30. Uber or Mears to the hotel 1:30. Check in or hand luggage off to bell services. 2:00. Catch bus to water park. 2:30-3:00. And the park closes at 5.
It seems much easier to use the hotel pool, even for a few hours. If your room is ready on arrival, great. If not, use the lobby bathrooms and either bring your suitcase to the pool or leave it with bell services. Added plus is you're not running around trying to get to said water park on an already busy day.

View attachment 836754

So you like claustrophobia and motion sickness while you stare at a 4” screen that had a lower resolution than a TI 80 calculator. Got it. I rode this ride when it opened and before they turned down the g-forces because people kept dying, and even then it was terrible.
It was/is awesome! But much more so for a younger me than now. Crud, I hate getting older.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter