Marathon Weekend 2025

I’m not coming for MW next year, but I saw someone asking if you can walk to Epcot from Boardwalk during the races, and I don’t remember. I know you can from Beach Club, but I can’t remember if you’d be able to get to Beach Club from Boardwalk or not.
Does anyone know?
I think if you're going to Epcot from Boardwalk during the marathon you have to take a boat.

SAFD: Like any relationship, my love affair with running is multifaceted and complex. The main reason I run is that I just feel better when I'm running regularly - I sleep better, I'm happier, and I feel more confident and motivated to take on whatever the world throws at me.
Running is also social time for me - my closest friends are my running buddies, and we all have such busy lives that getting together for early runs is our time to catch up.
Running "destination races" (like Disney every year, and London in a couple of months!) is an excuse to travel. I shouldn't need an excuse to go on vacation and see the world, but having a race helps silence that little voice in my head that tries to make me feel guilty for taking time off from work and family responsibilities.
And I can't leave out my love for beer and ice cream combined with a hatred of clothes shopping! :rotfl2:

Oh my goodness, this is SO me!

Booked my beloved AKV Jambo house Savannah view studio for MW so I just have to survive registration!

You're even wearing Inknburn in your profile picture - and all my running clothes (except shorts) are Inknburn. We're like the same person :rotfl2:

For those of you who have run the marathon before, what's the best park to visit after the race? I would assume Epcot, but I also assume that's where everyone goes.

For those of you who have run the marathon before, what's the best park to visit after the race? I would assume Epcot, but I also assume that's where everyone goes.
I personally don't do a park the same day as the race. Last year we went to the hoop de doo review and drank bottomless sangrias.

The next day we've done Epcot. Lots more to drink and eat and it provides nice, leisurely walking and stopping to drink/stretch.

I feel like most people go to MK for castle pics.

So everyone goes to MK for pics.
I did epcot last year and it was not crowded at all. I think everyone avoided it since it is the one most impacted by the marathon race that day. I loved it in Epcot.

So everyone goes to MK for pics.
I did epcot last year and it was not crowded at all. I think everyone avoided it since it is the one most impacted by the marathon race that day. I loved it in Epcot.
Guilty and guilty! We do MK for the castle pics, and it's also the first park to clear out. Epcot is very last, and it does make some things a little off.

Save Epcot for Monday. The Drinking Around the World group is so much fun and a terrific celebration. BTW I have fun and I drink water, strawberry lemonade, soft drinks, etc. Some prefer a margarita, beer, wine, etc., but either way it is great fun to celebrate with a bunch of friends from this forum!

I avoid MK after the races, usually I just find it overwhelming when I'm so tired! I personally love Epcot after the marathon. The photographers take great pictures and the lines are much shorter (or nonexistent). Plus I like to eat and drink after the races...and the kids are usually cleared out of the park by dinner time :rotfl:

IMG_2587.JPG

I'm a bit biased though, I typically stay in Epcot resort area hotels and it's just more convenient for me to get to Epcot. If I was staying on the monorail I'd go to MK.

I avoid MK after the races, usually I just find it overwhelming when I'm so tired! I personally love Epcot after the marathon. The photographers take great pictures and the lines are much shorter (or nonexistent). Plus I like to eat and drink after the races...and the kids are usually cleared out of the park by dinner time :rotfl:

View attachment 834336

I'm a bit biased though, I typically stay in Epcot resort area hotels and it's just more convenient for me to get to Epcot. If I was staying on the monorail I'd go to MK.
I am biased because Epcot is my favorite park haha, so I'm thrilled to hear it's not very busy post-race. I'm staying at the Poly, so either MK or Epcot are pretty easy to get to via monorail.

I am biased because Epcot is my favorite park haha, so I'm thrilled to hear it's not very busy post-race. I'm staying at the Poly, so either MK or Epcot are pretty easy to get to via monorail.
Define "post-race"?

I went into Epcot immediately after finishing the marathon, and since I didn't finish last, there were still a couple of hours left before the race ended. It was quite crowded and busy along the race path, simply because navigating crowds across the runners' track is cumbersome, and you also have crowds of cheering spectators lining the street.

I do think if you stuck to the other parts of the park (e.g. Imagination/Land/Sea), or if went back to your hotel to rest before coming back a few hours later, it would be a different story!

Define "post-race"?

I went into Epcot immediately after finishing the marathon, and since I didn't finish last, there were still a couple of hours left before the race ended. It was quite crowded and busy along the race path, simply because navigating crowds across the runners' track is cumbersome, and you also have crowds of cheering spectators lining the street.

I do think if you stuck to the other parts of the park (e.g. Imagination/Land/Sea), or if went back to your hotel to rest before coming back a few hours later, it would be a different story!
I probably wouldn't make my way back to Epcot until like 11:30-noon that day!

I’ve done both! And I like both for different reasons. I’d take into consideration what your plans are for the next day. If I were leaving on the a flight out Monday morning I would probably head to MK post - race (if I didn’t have a hopper). If I’m heading to MK for medal Monday then I’d go to Epcot after the race.

I like DHS for my initial after marathon park. I’ve been staying at CBR, so it’s a quick hop there and back on the Skyliner. It’s got a couple of places that work well for me as post-marathon lunch options. Since it’s my least favorite park, I don’t feel compelled to stay beyond what my fatigue dictates. I usually leave Epcot to Monday for DATW.

I'm surprised to hear that MK is the most popular! (Okay, not THAT surprised). I was purely thinking of the eating and drinking aspect of post-race, which Epcot would be the clear winner for.
I’ve done Epcot post marathon the past 3 years for this exact reason! Thinking about nachos and a margarita keep me going those last few miles 😂 I haven’t found it to be too busy any of the years. No issues getting food/drinks/photos. This year I stayed to cheer until the end of the marathon, then went back to hotel to shower, and then back to Epcot, so I got there a little later. The previous 2 years, I went back to hotel immediately after finishing, showered, and got back to Epcot while the marathon was still going on. It’s my plan for next year too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter