Marathon Weekend 2025

How was the Poly?
I love the Poly for marathon weekend. Monorail there and back is super convenient, and it's really easy for my family to cheer from the TTC and/or the street near Shades of Green.

That post-marathon monorail ramp is no joke, but there is an elevator too if you're really feeling it.

Plus, it's just the best resort. :stitch::stitch:

I love the Poly for marathon weekend. Monorail there and back is super convenient, and it's really easy for my family to cheer from the TTC and/or the street near Shades of Green.

That post-marathon monorail ramp is no joke, but there is an elevator too if you're really feeling it.

Plus, it's just the best resort. :stitch::stitch:
I've always wanted to stay there, so I'm super excited.

Count me as one more "One and Done Dopey" failure...

Just submitted my rental DVC request for 2025, AKL Jambo House. I liked Poly this time but I can't justify almost $3k when I can get a standard room at AKL for just about half that.
I justified it to myself by looking at what the regular rack rates for Poly rooms are and telling myself I'm getting a bargain by renting DVC 🤣

I justified it to myself by looking at what the regular rack rates for Poly rooms are and telling myself I'm getting a bargain by renting DVC 🤣
This is why I never look at Disney discounted rates. I only compare rental rates to rack rates so I can prove I got a good deal :rotfl:

This is how I ended up doing a Poly and Dolphin split stay last Princess, since it was the same price as our original CBR stay. Did I check what the CBR rates were once discounts were released? Of course not!! :rotfl2:

By the same logic, the perk of booking DVC at 11 months is by the time the trip rolls around, it’s free :rolleyes1

Just submitted my rental DVC request for 2025, AKL Jambo House.

One of the usual 3rd party DVC places (e.g. David's, rental store, rental, rental shop, reservations)? I'm always on the lookout for a reputable spot to stalk for a reservation.

One of the usual 3rd party DVC places (e.g. David's, rental store, rental, rental shop, reservations)? I'm always on the lookout for a reputable spot to stalk for a reservation.
Honestly, using the DVC rental section on the boards is pretty trustworthy too, if you just want to have someone check dates/availability for you, and not an already-booked confirmed reservation. We previously rented all of our DVC reservations through that, and then I picked up a few other trips from some FB groups (which was a little more nerve wracking, but you can always just ask for references) and never paid more than $18/pt. And since we like OKW/SSR/AKV that makes the price about the same as staying at a mod.

Honestly, using the DVC rental section on the boards is pretty trustworthy too, if you just want to have someone check dates/availability for you, and not an already-booked confirmed reservation. We previously rented all of our DVC reservations through that, and then I picked up a few other trips from some FB groups (which was a little more nerve wracking, but you can always just ask for references) and never paid more than $18/pt. And since we like OKW/SSR/AKV that makes the price about the same as staying at a mod.
I've rented/transferred points through the boards in the past. My problem is that I don't want to be locked in 11 months in advance--which is much more necessary now than it used to be. Hence, I just keep tabs on confirmed reservations.

By the same logic, the perk of booking DVC at 11 months is by the time the trip rolls around, it’s free :rolleyes1
It gets worse if you actually own DVC yourself. 😂

That five-figure purchase price is way in the past (thanks, past self!). And the opportunity cost of renting your points doesn't really matter, since that's only hypothetical money. So you're basically getting to stay at PVB for like $140/night in dues. It's magical!

PLUS you have at least a kitchenette in a DVC studio, which saves you on breakfast and snacks! One bedroom with a full kitchen AND laundry?? It is paying for itself at that point. :)

That five-figure purchase price is way in the past (thanks, past self!). And the opportunity cost of renting your points doesn't really matter, since that's only hypothetical money. So you're basically getting to stay at PVB for like $140/night in dues. It's magical!
We bought in 2001, so pretty much every trip for the last 23 years has been almost free! :D

I managed to nab a walk in shower studio at Cooper Creek this morning so the first hurdle towards Dopey is jumped! Now I just need luck on registration day, a receptive partner when I pitch getting new AP’s, my boss to approve the time off work, oh and to train! 👍🏼
I appreciate the order of priority in the list and can totally relate 🤣🤩

PLUS you have at least a kitchenette in a DVC studio, which saves you on breakfast and snacks! One bedroom with a full kitchen AND laundry?? It is paying for itself at that point. :)

We bought in 2001, so pretty much every trip for the last 23 years has been almost free! :D
I totally don't stalk an aggregate site for another 50pt contract to try to talk DH into so we can start staying 1brs just for the full kitchen. :rotfl2:

I totally don't stalk an aggregate site for another 50pt contract to try to talk DH into so we can start staying 1brs just for the full kitchen. :rotfl2:
So add-on-itis begins :rotfl2:we started off with a small 100pt contract, because that was all we needed to stay in a studio every year and a half. We're up to 420pt with APs and probably looking to add more, since I now *need* a 1bedroom for the savings that come with having a kitchen.

All our DVC stays are free, since dues are paid independently from the stay. My husband doesn't agree with my math, but what does he know 😂

Starting to get FOMO with all this talk of booking DVC reservations! If I bring up the possibility of a trip now though DH might leave me 🤣 Trying my best to wait until at least March 15 to broach the subject. And on that note, I really hate how early registration is! Princess isn't until late July so MW should really be in June...

I have AKL 2 bedroom booked at Jumbo from Tues- Mon. Hoping to switch to Cabins though at the 7 month mark.

But I agree with the rest of you having a kitchen and washer/dyer is sooo wonderful esp for running weekends.

I did my first rundisney in Disneyland not in a DVC resort and not having it sooo sucked.

I go by this same logic 🙃

Starting to get FOMO with all this talk of booking DVC reservations! If I bring up the possibility of a trip now though DH might leave me 🤣 Trying my best to wait until at least March 15 to broach the subject. And on that note, I really hate how early registration is! Princess isn't until late July so MW should really be in June...
Don't ask for permission, ask for forgiveness. hehhe

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter