Marathon Weekend 2025

I'm a solid maybe for 2025 MW. DH is talking about taking a year off from rundisney (which would open up a lot more options for us with dvc points, since we would just bank) and I get it; 3 years in a row is a lot. I'm hoping I can convince him to maybe come down "just" for Goofy if he feels like we need to cut back.

I love festivals! Festival of the Arts this year starts tomorrow (Jan. 12), so I guess it's possible they could overlap, but realistically I agree with @Herding_Cats that Disney is unlikely to be that nice.

Someone pipe up if I'm misremembering, but in 2021, prior to marathon weekend being cancelled, weren't the dates supposed to overlap with Festival of the Arts? I remember being super excited about it that year.

Someone pipe up if I'm misremembering, but in 2021, prior to marathon weekend being cancelled, weren't the dates supposed to overlap with Festival of the Arts? I remember being super excited about it that year.
Idk if they announced arts dates AFTER MW being canceled or not but we decided to keep our hotel for that weekend even after I chose the refund and arts started on what would of been 10K day and so I took some medal pictures with my W&D virtual medal during it … also it was when plant Donald debuted so we rode grand fiesta a bunch

Attachments

• IMG_0855.jpeg
    IMG_0855.jpeg
    116.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0852.jpeg
    IMG_0852.jpeg
    62.3 KB · Views: 9

Hot take: I was ready for the Christmas stuff to be gone by like…Friday. They removed the resort decorations when we grabbed our groceries at Saratoga on the 1st. I wanted to hear normal park music, and not constant Christmas music in the parks/on the busses.

Didn’t they end FotA right before princess weekend last year? I can totally se why runners would love the overlap, but Disney would say “Nope.”
I think I was too overstimulated by the crowds and decor to hear the music. I don't remember a single Christmas song! 😆

I don't keep up with princess but when I ran it in 2019 there was definitely some overlap. I was just there for the weekend and did both.

I think I was too overstimulated by the crowds and decor to hear the music. I don't remember a single Christmas song! 😆

I don't keep up with princess but when I ran it in 2019 there was definitely some overlap. I was just there for the weekend and did both.
To that end, do you ever hear the announcers at the finish line? This was my sixth runDisney race weekend and I still have yet to hear the announcers until after I have crossed the finish line and have stopped running.

Isn’t 2025 an anniversary year for Goofy (20th)? That may affect the sell-out time.
Cat’s out of the bag! DH is Perfectly Goofy, so he will get his “special link” to sign up, and I may run only the half next year, so it’s all good! You may have to wait in that line to pick up bibs at the lonely, single Goofy booth spot though.🤣

I have a couple of questions regarding the later dates. Neither will impact my registration but thought it could be fun to hypothesize.
  1. Will Christmas decorations still be up? They're completely gone from HS today. Personally I loved pretending it was still Christmas but it's going to be very late next year.
  2. Will the weekend overlap with Festival of the Arts? I'd be elated if this were the case. Festival Epcot is way better than regular Epcot but I could understand why they'd wait.
I think the trend lately is to start FotA the Friday before MLK day.

For those that have non running spouses, how did you get them onboard for a rundisney vacation? I’ve got 3 months til registration to convince my DH to do this trip. So hoping for Dopey 2025.

For those that have non running spouses, how did you get them onboard for a rundisney vacation? I’ve got 3 months til registration to convince my DH to do this trip. So hoping for Dopey 2025.

I leave mine home with the kids :rotfl2:

Some of my family members have expressed interest in coming next year, so we'll see. We might end up at Princess weekend in that case because it usually comes at the end of a school break for us. I was thinking about Princess weekend anyway so I could run the challenge and get that extra bling!

@runwithperseverence7

What does your spouse like to do on vacation? Convince him with that!

Disney literally caters to all clientele. He likes golf? There's 3 championship 18 hole courses he could golf at. He likes scuba diving? He can dive in the living seas. He prefers Universal? He can head over there while you run. He prefers to sleep in and relax? May I introduce the Sleepy Challenge 0.0 miles. ;)

Seriously, sell it to him by arranging stuff he wants to do while you get to do the races.

He prefers to sleep in and relax? May I introduce the Sleepy Challenge 0.0 miles. ;)
He could definitely do the Sleepy Challenge 😂.

He’s starting to get back to walking/running for his health. I’ve been trying to take him along with me but I’m getting into longer marathon training runs so he hasn’t been out much with me last few weeks. So hoping to get him to catch the bug.
We shall see!

He could definitely do the Sleepy Challenge 😂.

He’s starting to get back to walking/running for his health. I’ve been trying to take him along with me but I’m getting into longer marathon training runs so he hasn’t been out much with me last few weeks. So hoping to get him to catch the bug.
We shall see!
Have him do the 5K or 10K with you as a gateway. Very small training commitment but all the fun of the longer distances!

I doubt my family would let me go hundreds of miles to Disney without them. Was hoping to convince my teens to run a race with me then it would be a family affair.
This is what I do. My DS has picked up the runDisney addiction. Last year we went to MW and my DW stayed home. This year I was solo (but bribed my DW with a trip to California for DL half) and next year will be just me and my son again.

I leave mine home with the kids :rotfl2:
Same! haha - My husband stays back with the kids and will join me post-marathon. With MW being a week later next year we've been throwing around the idea they all fly down and meet me marathon Sunday. For me, it's not realist to vacation in the midst of Dopey. So, it wouldn't be a "family" vacation until after the marathon. My schedule will be totally different than theirs and it would not fly with me to be woken up after park close when I need to be up at 2-something am. But I also would not expect them to go to bed at 8 either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter