Marathon Weekend 2025

I'm sure I will be back down for MW 2025 but haven't decided for what yet. I thought I was done with Dopey (not a fan of the extra wake ups and extra cost of having to be there Wednesday) but will be 50 next year and the thought of running 50 miles (if I round) for Dopey currently has some appeal to it for me. That being said, I need to first get through the "never again" emotions of the marathon next Sunday and then I can figure it out.

I am planning on doing Dopey 2025 for my 40th birthday :) This will be my first Dopey. In 2023 I did my first marathon. This year I am doing Disneyland Dumbo Dare Challenge. I am super excited 😄 I am will probably not do Dopey again for a long time. My goal is to do every race weekends challanges and I can only do one race per year so I am slowly going through each race ticking off each one.

Not going to go for Dopey, but it does look like MW is going to be the best place for me to fit runDisney into my calendar next year. I looked at all the other races and they just didn't fit in quite right with life. I got really excited when I saw the Halloween Half until I saw that it was Disneyland and not World. Doh!

I'm going to try for my first Half Marathon. My training for a 5k went really well. And my training for a 10k went well too. I'm signed up for a 10-miler at the end of April. So hopefully I'll know before MW sign-up comes around whether I think I'll be able to do it, but I'm confident and hopeful!

See you all in ... 370 days? 🤣

Not going to go for Dopey, but it does look like MW is going to be the best place for me to fit runDisney into my calendar next year. I looked at all the other races and they just didn't fit in quite right with life. I got really excited when I saw the Halloween Half until I saw that it was Disneyland and not World. Doh!

I'm going to try for my first Half Marathon. My training for a 5k went really well. And my training for a 10k went well too. I'm signed up for a 10-miler at the end of April. So hopefully I'll know before MW sign-up comes around whether I think I'll be able to do it, but I'm confident and hopeful!

See you all in ... 370 days? 🤣
I went from never running in July 2021 to running a (virtual) half fast enough for Disney in November 2021–you’ll be totally fine. See you next year!!

I am going to run the 1/2 Marathon next year.

I haven't run a race since I ran the Goofy in 2013. I used to be part of the old W.I.S.H. team. I am now 57 years old and getting back to running consistently. I ran 135 miles in Dec and had a 8 mile long run 2 days ago. It has been 5-10 years since I have run that many miles in a month/long run. I am looking forward to being active on the running boards again. It really helped me keep my motivation in the past.

David

Thank you for the thread.... I am already having serious FOMO and it isn't even expo day yet.

I have an unspoken agreement with DW about only doing one RunDisney event per year and this year I choose Spring Surprise.
I have already planted the seeds about doing Dopey again for 2025, so unless something changes drastically I am in for all four January races next year.

It hurts my soul knowing that I have to wait 376 days until I can cross that finish line with my beer raised high in celebration, but at least I am looking forward to parking lot beers in April.

I was signed up for the marathon this year, but a few things have conspired against me, forcing me to cancel the trip this week.

That said, I'm returning with a vengeance in 2025 for Goofy. Should be an anniversary year. and will be 15 years since my first Goofy (Disney on Ice in 2010). Weather looks nice this year, so I expect abject misery next year. Looking forward to it!

Not sure what I'm doing next year. My heart really wants to do another Dopey, but my head knows that it's a really bad idea for me. Also considering switching to Princess weekend to avoid having the peak of training so close to the holidays.
I have to admit I love the timing of Princess for this reason. I took Christmas Eve and Christmas day off from anything because I wanted to, and I felt a little guilty about it too. I'd hit all my runs before then, but it's Christmas. If it's Princess, training is just starting and I can keep a base during the holidays.

I'm 99% sure that I'm in for Dopey #2. Yes, I did say that I was one-and-done for the marathon, but running down Main Street during the marathon last year was so epic.

The plan right now is to run the Jimmy Fund race in Boston (which follows the Boston Marathon course, but has a 12-hour time limit) at the beginning of October and then maintain my fitness/add the back to back to back days through to January. It would still technically be only one marathon per year so that wouldn't so crazy. Right? Right? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter