Marathon Weekend 2024

Has anyone compiled a list of the character photo stops for the marathon yet?

Going through my photo pass of a family member who stops at the characters: Sophia the first, Goofy in iridescent tux, Chip and Dale in polka dot vests, Elsa and Anna, Judy Hops and Nick Wilde, Miguel from Coco, Joy, Mirabel and Bruno, Star Lord and Gamora, Doc McStuffins (?), Fancy Nancy. I’m sure I missed some.

Have fun to all of you meeting for DATW today!

DH and DD flew out this morning so it's just me and my boy. DATW prolly isn't the most appropriate place for an 11yo.

And before I forget... A huge thanks to the gang for the prerace meetups. I really appreciated you all making me feel welcome.

Now we celebrate!

View attachment 824012
Congrats!

And now I have Foxworthy’s voice in my head: you might be a redneck if take your 11 year old DATW…

I'm sad I didn't manage to make it to any of the meetups this weekend. I'm park hopping today so I'll join DATW after 2:00, assuming you're still going at that point.

And guess who forgot to put on sunscreen yesterday? So I'll be easy to spot, with my bright red face! 🥵

Congrats to everybody who ran this weekend! I had to skip this year (for good reason: Eliza Marceline was born on December 7th!) but have enjoyed reading about the highs and lows of another great weekend. Hope to be back in 2025!!

I went yesterday and after hearing a tip from last year (and all the photos on Main Street having lines) I went over to the garden to the left. No wait, nobody behind me, and the photographer had some good pose suggestions. I didn't get the running magic shot, but he did do a balloon one.
Garden to the left when facing the castle? Last year I went to the right, and got some really good pictures. The photographer spent quite a bit of time with each person doing multiple shots and arranging medals

has anyone been to MK and know if they have a photopass photographer dedicated to racers this year like last year?
There wasn’t at 8:30. But the guy doing the super zoom said someone was coming soon. Not sure if it was dedicated

Dopey #9 complete, 1 hour slower than last year and 1.5 hrs of my 4 hr best, but i gave up on running this quite early - like months ago after many donuts.

The rain was crappy, but it lasted like 5 minutes for me and didnt soak my feet so I was ok. It made it cold though, so the remaining 15 miles weren't a joy but doable. My biggest issue were the soles of my feet...must have been new shoes because they hurt pretty badly half way...I could run better than walk, in fact running didn't hurt but i was too lazy to run the whole thing. My plantar fasciatis was even a non-factor after the 5k, so the pain wasnt from that -simple sore soles.

I did see @Bree and the one that shall not be named and they were awesome! I even ran with them a bit, like the old days.

Though my life sucks, one good part of it is this weekend, foot or sleep or pain issues be damned. I love seeing everyone again and there are so many to name, but i did want to shout out some new faces I met the first time this weekend. Thank you @Herding_Cats (and Matt) for letting me join you for merch and for being so fun to talk to. Same goes for @Fischstick, you were awesome and fun. Thank you for all of the advice (@Dopey 2020 , @camaker) and comfort (thanks @GuinnessRunner) - i hate having to wait a full year, though technically April is probably the next stress point during registration.

Though I didn't win the marathon this year (unlike last year, see picture proof of my win) it was still awesome.

20240108_104551.jpg
Save travels, and to those one-and-done Dopeys, see you next year for your #2.

Dopey #9 complete, 1 hour slower than last year and 1.5 hrs of my 4 hr best, but i gave up on running this quite early - like months ago after many donuts.

The rain was crappy, but it lasted like 5 minutes for me and didnt soak my feet so I was ok. It made it cold though, so the remaining 15 miles weren't a joy but doable. My biggest issue were the soles of my feet...must have been new shoes because they hurt pretty badly half way...I could run better than walk, in fact running didn't hurt but i was too lazy to run the whole thing. My plantar fasciatis was even a non-factor after the 5k, so the pain wasnt from that -simple sore soles.

I did see @Bree and the one that shall not be named and they were awesome! I even ran with them a bit, like the old days.

Though my life sucks, one good part of it is this weekend, foot or sleep or pain issues be damned. I love seeing everyone again and there are so many to name, but i did want to shout out some new faces I met the first time this weekend. Thank you @Herding_Cats (and Matt) for letting me join you for merch and for being so fun to talk to. Same goes for @Fischstick, you were awesome and fun. Thank you for all of the advice (@Dopey 2020 , @camaker) and comfort (thanks @GuinnessRunner) - i hate having to wait a full year, though technically April is probably the next stress point during registration.

Though I didn't win the marathon this year (unlike last year, see picture proof of my win) it was still awesome.

View attachment 824078
Save travels, and to those one-and-done Dopeys, see you next year for your #2.
Good to see you this morning

There ARE race-specific pp on the left side of the hub
Where did you see them? I just walked by the hub about 10ish minutes ago and didn’t see anyone. Granted, I was trying to make sure I didn’t loose my two boys on our way out to Topolino’s, so I probably just missed it.

Garden to the left when facing the castle? Last year I went to the right, and got some really good pictures. The photographer spent quite a bit of time with each person doing multiple shots and arranging medals
YES!

Congrats to everybody who ran this weekend! I had to skip this year (for good reason: Eliza Marceline was born on December 7th!) but have enjoyed reading about the highs and lows of another great weekend. Hope to be back in 2025!!
Congratulations to you and your family! Hope to see you next year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter