Marathon Weekend 2024

I'd guess they didn't want to be seen as liable for people unofficially running outside the designated course.
They were also trying to really clear people out of the finish/reunion area after the races. It makes sense that they might not talk about it pre-race that day. It was mentioned (in passing) this morning.

So here's a strange question. I believe I've stumbled upon someone who had a Dopey bib but did not herself run all 4 races. It looks like she ran the 10k and the half, but a different woman used her bib for the 5k and a man used her bib for the marathon. Whoever wore the bib for the marathon did not finish, tracking last shows them at mile 20. Is there someone I should report my suspicions to?
I don't know anything about who to report it to, but that's a little annoying considering I didn't manage to complete my marathon but did everything myself, including the 6 "make up" miles after the half. And I'm on my way to Epcot now to get in the 7 miles I was short in the marathon so I will technically have done the almost 49 miles even though I know it doesn't count and it's not the same.

But I don't really care when it comes down to it; they didn't earn it and they know it. When I get my Dopey I'm going to be thrilled to the core!

My body battery is 5 😂😂😂

You can add me to team BB-5. We're still rolling, just not as smoothly as BB-8.

They hyped up a guy running on a broken ankle. So… I dunno.

I saw that segment and thought it was pretty cringe. It's one thing to allow people to take a risk like that. It's completely different (and unacceptable, imo) to glorify it by drawing attention to it. Maybe I'm overthinking, but to me, making that part of the official pre-race festivities was a tacit endorsement.

I saw someone cut the course at BB, which I know people do, but we made eye contact and he looked away real quick. Their conscience, not mine. But it angers me people do this and then there are honest people out there trying their hardest to distance themselves from the balloon ladies but they get swept. Course cutting should be punishable. It’s cheating.

I saw that segment and thought it was pretty cringe. It's one thing to allow people to take a risk like that. It's completely different (and unacceptable, imo) to glorify it by drawing attention to it. Maybe I'm overthinking, but to me, making that part of the official pre-race festivities was a tacit endorsement.
You’re not overthinking, they shouldn’t have done that.

Taking candy from strangers is only ok during marathons, right?

Congrats everyone!!!!

For those that didn’t have their races go as planned or were swept, you should still be proud. Marathons are f*ing hard and you are one of the very few that show up and give it your best.

I’m quickly coming down off that marathon high after stuffing my face with fried chicken so I’ll probably have more to add over the next few days.

Other than the rain the weather was perfect for running. After 4 sweltering sun gonna kill me Disney marathons this was amazing. The pelting rain and wind was miserable. I had checked the radar twice this morning and there was nothing!!! I still have numbness in my fingertips from the cold rain and my feet still have not warmed up.

I went into this weekend a bit undertrained, but my body went into autopilot and easily carried me through the course. No real soreness or stiffness at all. I feel like I do after a hard speed work session.

It was great seeing @Z-Knight & @Novatrix on the course. Sorry @camaker! My pal who isn’t allowed to be mentioned and I did not see you! We saw @The Expert in Epcot only because I heard her calling my name!

My only gripe of the day. The last finishers crossed around 12:53. The started breaking down the post race area around 1:15 and kicked us all out at 1:30. That is really crummy not to have the same post race experience for the last finishers 👎

I teared up when we hit Epcot. I don’t know why. I am not a crier. I blame it on lack of sleep 😂

I had so much fun cheering at HS! I saw a few of you but wasn’t fast enough to yell. This will definitely be part of my race weekend from now on.

I just got pixie dusted a Mickey bar at the AOA food court so despite everything that went wrong this weekend is now perfect!

Today didn’t go as well as I had hoped It would. I got a big PR but missed my A goal. I knew it wasn’t my day pretty early on but I still had a good time with the exception of the rain. Best part was once we left EPCOT, I ended up in an awesome pack of runners and the course never reagent crowded to me. WIN!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter