• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Marathon Weekend 2024

They made us move across the road by the entrance of the contemporary, so I am no longer in the median. 😐

Still happy to take items off your hands or give you tissues, but you have to come to me. So dumb.

Running late for my intended cheer spot thanks to a headache, but just looked out the window… and it’s POURING! What the heck?! I thought the marathon was in the clear! This is so stupidly Florida. Sorry to all the folks getting drenched - it shouldn’t last much longer, and there’s no lightning on the radar!

As for me... Well, I’m an adverse weather runner, but a fair weather spectator. :rotfl: I’ll get out there eventually and hope to see the party in the back, at least!

Running late for my intended cheer spot thanks to a headache, but just looked out the window… and it’s POURING! What the heck?! I thought the marathon was in the clear! This is so stupidly Florida. Sorry to all the folks getting drenched - it shouldn’t last much longer, and there’s no lightning on the radar!

As for me... Well, I’m an adverse weather runner, but a fair weather spectator. :rotfl: I’ll get out there eventually and hope to see the party in the back, at least!
I just had to duck for cover from my spot! That came out of nowhere. Going to go ahead and pack up and head to my next spot.

Thanks. I figured out what I was doing wrong. I was leaving out the year at the beginning of the code.
I’ve got one friend out there drenched to the skin in MK, and another in full poncho + golf umbrella. And all I can think is, “There are two types of Floridians…” :rotfl2: I’m embarrassed to admit that the one thing I did NOT pack for was a cold rain. Look away: I’m hideous.

I hope you're able to dry quickly and are staying warm!

I know I’m not running this morning but the only thing that makes me feel slower than actually running the marathon is spotting my first finisher of the day at 8:40 while I’m grabbing breakfast at Pop. That will never be me! 😁

Heading out now to go cheer on those still on the course! Hope everyone has dried out a bit!

So that was really hard. The cold rain may now eclipse the heat of 2020 as my biggest marathon challenge. It’s a shame that most of the back half had no entertainment because of the rain, so it was pretty mentally tough. Still, nothing can touch the feeling of seeing that finish line.

I finished! My fourth Dopey and fifth Disney marathon. I set a PR in the 5K, 10K and marathon this weekend. The hardest of the rain hit while I was at Blizzard Beach which was a nice distraction from the parking lot.

As always, the race was a lot of fun. I think I'm going to head back out and watch some runners at Hollywood Studios.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter